January 8 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
December 22 - It's the time of year again: Join the 12 Days of Simsmas! 🎄

Realm of Morgyn

Comments

  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 969 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Thanks! I wanted to give him options that actually flatter him because EA did him dirty :D

    I just want to know who thought it'd be a good idea to give him the man-bun. It has to be one of the worst hairstyle options in the game. Love the outfits you picked though, I'm still not overly sold on that black dress though, but that's just me.
    Really? I think the black dress is one of the best CAS items from ROM!

    Yeah, I don't know why, I just don't like it. I don't think it looks flattering at all, be it on the fabulous Morgyyn or on any other sim. I wish I had a solid answer, but there you go... :neutral:
    Haha fair enough. I don’t know why I love it so much but seeing it in the first trailer was a big wow moment for me.

    I do admit when I saw it in the trailer I thought it was interesting, because it was obviously different. But when I finally saw it in CAS, I just found myself not liking it.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Thanks! I wanted to give him options that actually flatter him because EA did him dirty :D

    I just want to know who thought it'd be a good idea to give him the man-bun. It has to be one of the worst hairstyle options in the game. Love the outfits you picked though, I'm still not overly sold on that black dress though, but that's just me.
    Really? I think the black dress is one of the best CAS items from ROM!

    Yeah, I don't know why, I just don't like it. I don't think it looks flattering at all, be it on the fabulous Morgyyn or on any other sim. I wish I had a solid answer, but there you go... :neutral:

    I don't like the length of it. I would like it better if it was a bit longer or shorter.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

    Q7wLwse.png
  • prettykittythekittenprettykittythekitten Posts: 6 New Member
    Honestly I love them. Have since I first laid on them. Jade Rosa used to be my bae but Morgyn has definitely captured my heart and soul.

    The Sim I made for him lives atop this beautiful tower on the lot next to the portal, so she's like the gatekeeper of the realm. They don't live together, though, I wanted to leave Morgyn as the Sage so that their adopted daughter could study under him even when not at home.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,146 Member
    The dress is fabulous, honestly. I edited the outfit a little (here), but the dress is a great base.

    Also, did some art! I'm seriously enjoying this ship, man.

    9j9Nar4.jpg
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 969 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Thanks! I wanted to give him options that actually flatter him because EA did him dirty :D

    I just want to know who thought it'd be a good idea to give him the man-bun. It has to be one of the worst hairstyle options in the game. Love the outfits you picked though, I'm still not overly sold on that black dress though, but that's just me.
    Really? I think the black dress is one of the best CAS items from ROM!

    Yeah, I don't know why, I just don't like it. I don't think it looks flattering at all, be it on the fabulous Morgyyn or on any other sim. I wish I had a solid answer, but there you go... :neutral:

    I don't like the length of it. I would like it better if it was a bit longer or shorter.

    Yeah, I can't tell if it's the length or the cut I don't like, but either way, I just don't like it.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 969 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    The dress is fabulous, honestly. I edited the outfit a little (here), but the dress is a great base.

    Also, did some art! I'm seriously enjoying this ship, man.

    9j9Nar4.jpg

    Oh that's lovely art! :D

    By all means, don't stop enjoying the dress. If you love it, I'm happy for you. I just don't like it, I can't tell if it's the length, or the cut or the colour swatches, I just don't like it.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 4,288 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    The dress is fabulous, honestly. I edited the outfit a little (here), but the dress is a great base.

    Also, did some art! I'm seriously enjoying this ship, man.

    9j9Nar4.jpg
    Love this. I so ship Morgyn and Caleb.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 350 Member
    That art is really adorable!!

    I can't get on board with this ship, though, because I gave Caleb to my immortal Gen 2 heiress. :D
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 4,288 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    That art is really adorable!!

    I can't get on board with this ship, though, because I gave Caleb to my immortal Gen 2 heiress. :D
    Haha Caleb is married to my gen 2 heiress and Morgyn is with my gen 12 heiress... But I still ship it - it just can’t happen in my legacy save!
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 350 Member
    I would like to keep Morgyn for my sim self... >.>
    He is going to get with my gen 6 heiress, but she's a serial romantic and won't ever be committed to just one person, so I'm just sharing him with her. ;)

    I will never take Caleb away from Apple, though! No other ships allowed in my heart. <3
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 1,863 Member
    So I went ahead and used MCCC to let Rosemary have Morgyn's baby.

    And I think he came out pretty cute. Here's Rosemary

    hZD7yv8.png

    And the two of them just after Harry (named for Dresden, not Potter) was born

    KYQ05Z3.png

    I don't normally power through the Toddler stage, but in this case, since I don't actually plan to play this house much longer, I figured I could fudge it.

    Harry as a Toddler

    LsoHvHi.png

    And as a Child

    dLUCRgx.png

    Now... Do I pop over to Emilia and Darryl's place and age up their kid to see how a second generation works (obviously crossing Harry with their daughter... at least I think it's a daughter... I got them into their own place, married and her pregnant and then left them to MCCC's devices.)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 4,288 Member
    So I guess the portable bed from Outdoor Retreat has its uses...

    UC2JP55.png
    Elliana: Hey babe, guess what I just installed in the basement of magic HQ?

    fQrsZou.png
    Yep I kept the man bun in all its glory :D

    z1oQr0g.png
    EWWW at her familiar creeping on them
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 350 Member
    edited September 2019
    That familiar's face from that angle looks like it's a creep too lol
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,622 Member
    edited September 2019
    I think y'all ought to see what became of Morgyn... I didn't think he'd end up looking this good.
    From Morgyn to Daddy Ganondorf. My Dark Spell caster (In purple) Will let Ganondorf mop the floor with him any day.

    4fe7251f9d89d23371cf12ca2f1a5b92.png

    I feel like I need to adorn him with gold accessories, piercings and Tattoos.

    The Sylvan wand looks a lot like the Kokiri Emerald.
    I've also got WIP Maleficent "Meteors of Heaven, Unleash thy Fury!"
    3d15a99219dc5e88e08000f97f3e554a.png
    Realm of Magic:

    My Mood:

    tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ayatonicayatonic Posts: 2 New Member
    i feel like one of the few people who actually haven't changed morgyn or any of the sages in my game yet... i don't think that i even will, unless i want to get "personal" with them.
    i rarely change anything that EA put into the game... not sure why, i just feel "ah this is canon i shouldn't touch it" lmao
    unfortunately it often means i have to deal with the strange houses and other unpleasant things they leave us sometimes, but oh well.

    i don't really care that morgyn wears a lot of unusual clothes because honestly he rocks it, but i have to admit some of his outfits are rather jarring at first sight (seems that a lot of people agree) but i just left him be because i figure "hey that's what he likes, have at it queen" lmaoo

    as for gameplay, i love how nice of a person morgyn is; he gets along with my longtime sims very well!
    and he's one of my favorites, as i predicted. doesn't quite top caleb for me (he's too perfect ah) since i am an emo vampire junkie but i still love him regardless. a very good sim.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I think y'all ought to see what became of Morgyn... I didn't think he'd end up looking this good.
    From Morgyn to Daddy Ganondorf. My Dark Spell caster (In purple) Will let Ganondorf mop the floor with him any day.

    4fe7251f9d89d23371cf12ca2f1a5b92.png

    I feel like I need to adorn him with gold accessories, piercings and Tattoos.

    The Sylvan wand looks a lot like the Kokiri Emerald.
    I've also got WIP Maleficent "Meteors of Heaven, Unleash thy Fury!"
    3d15a99219dc5e88e08000f97f3e554a.png

    Oh WOW! That dark sim is Morgyn???? He looks awesome! and what spell is he casting in that shot? Also, I just love your sim's gown, where did you get? My other caster needs it! :D
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,309 Member
    @Dglbr1969 They just made Ganondorf as a replacement to Morgyn
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    ooooo ok, How on earth do you make a custom Sage? I don't usually mess with things in-game, but I'm thinking the Magic Tower needs a rebuild and now, the Sages, ugh I wish I knew how to do this stuff, knowing my luck I would just ened up borking my game lol

    But I'm loving what people are doing, it all looks great!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,309 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    ooooo ok, How on earth do you make a custom Sage? I don't usually mess with things in-game, but I'm thinking the Magic Tower needs a rebuild and now, the Sages, ugh I wish I knew how to do this stuff, knowing my luck I would just ened up borking my game lol

    But I'm loving what people are doing, it all looks great!

    Click manage households then unplayed houses
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    ok, thanks @WolfNate, I think I'm going to give it a go :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,146 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    That art is really adorable!!

    I can't get on board with this ship, though, because I gave Caleb to my immortal Gen 2 heiress. :D

    Heh, my Caleb is in a happy relationship with Johnny Zest and I really don't want to break them up, but... the potential. I may have to go the OT3 route (you can turn off jealousy with MCCC).
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 4,288 Member
    ayatonic wrote: »
    i feel like one of the few people who actually haven't changed morgyn or any of the sages in my game yet... i don't think that i even will, unless i want to get "personal" with them.
    i rarely change anything that EA put into the game... not sure why, i just feel "ah this is canon i shouldn't touch it" lmao
    unfortunately it often means i have to deal with the strange houses and other unpleasant things they leave us sometimes, but oh well.

    i don't really care that morgyn wears a lot of unusual clothes because honestly he rocks it, but i have to admit some of his outfits are rather jarring at first sight (seems that a lot of people agree) but i just left him be because i figure "hey that's what he likes, have at it queen" lmaoo

    as for gameplay, i love how nice of a person morgyn is; he gets along with my longtime sims very well!
    and he's one of my favorites, as i predicted. doesn't quite top caleb for me (he's too perfect ah) since i am an emo vampire junkie but i still love him regardless. a very good sim.

    I’m the same :D I never edit premades because to me it feels ‘wrong’ :D but I do also like Morgyn how he is
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,622 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I think y'all ought to see what became of Morgyn... I didn't think he'd end up looking this good.
    From Morgyn to Daddy Ganondorf. My Dark Spell caster (In purple) Will let Ganondorf mop the floor with him any day.

    4fe7251f9d89d23371cf12ca2f1a5b92.png

    I feel like I need to adorn him with gold accessories, piercings and Tattoos.

    The Sylvan wand looks a lot like the Kokiri Emerald.
    I've also got WIP Maleficent "Meteors of Heaven, Unleash thy Fury!"
    3d15a99219dc5e88e08000f97f3e554a.png

    Oh WOW! That dark sim is Morgyn???? He looks awesome! and what spell is he casting in that shot? Also, I just love your sim's gown, where did you get? My other caster needs it! :D

    He just won a Magic Dual against my sims It's the animation that plays as he raise my sim in the air and whips him a round like a rag doll.

    The Gown Maleficent is wearing is one of my favorite CC I found on Pinterest.

    The Gown:https://strangestorytellersims.tumblr.com/post/181704701168/barebara2020s-cakeskirt-dress-recolor-by-ssts
    The Suit:https://strangestorytellersims.tumblr.com/post/182462832743/rococo-frock-coat-by-ssts-teen-to-elder-fullbody

    But yeah you can edit them, and morph them into any sim you want them to be. I prefer having my game full customized, having a game full of sims I made, to homes I've built, I just like seeing familiar faces around and being immersed in the environment I created. Otherwise I don't care for going anywhere in the game or meeting new people.
    Realm of Magic:

    My Mood:

    tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Awesome! Thank you @MasonGamer I am going to give it a go, in a seperate save to practise lol, did you custom make your magic realm building too?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,622 Member
    edited September 2019
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Awesome! Thank you @MasonGamer I am going to give it a go, in a seperate save to practise lol, did you custom make your magic realm building too?

    I'm working on it that's what you can see behind Ganon in my first Pic, is one of the bell towers just being built.

    I had built this cathedral For my other more Modern-Fantasy Save, But it was built on a 50x50 lot originally and The realm of Magic is only 50x40... So now I'm going to try to rebuild it but theres going to be a twist to the build... the Cathedral is going to be in ruins. Instead of intact.
    This is the cathedral.
    d62defcd8fb8dc1b375f3b2c7c2c9b0d.png

    Realm of Magic:

    My Mood:

    tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top