Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ty for the Hijabs, a cultural stuff pack pls🙆🏻‍♀️💛

2...Next

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Ah yes I would love a babushka scarf. It is versatile enough to be used for Sims following traditional Russian culture or for movie stars and elderly women to wear.
  • killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    edited September 2019
    I really love the cultural aspects we allready have in the game and I enjoy the new content also.
    But for me as a Wicca, there is still no content there. Perhaps, there comes some stuff with RoM, but it's more focused on the fantasy-magical aspect (inspired by Harry Potter, LotR, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I love the fantasy aspect, too. But I would really love to see content that is inspired by the Wicca religion. That means lots of nature related decor, symbols like the pentagram/pentacle, triple moon, triquetra, etc., the Ouija spirit board, a book of shadows, and all the stuff.

I know, I know ... Wicca seems pretty twisted at first sight. But in fact, pretty much the most important Christian holidays are based on pagan ceremonies. And Wicca works with ancient pagan religions and cultures that are far older than Christianity.
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    @Cynna The Diwali stuff in the holiday add-on? Thanks I'll have a look! :)

You're welcome! :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I really love the cultural aspects we allready have in the game and I enjoy the new content also.
    But for me as a Wicca, there is still no content there. Perhaps, there comes some stuff with RoM, but it's more focused on the fantasy-magical aspect (inspired by Harry Potter, LotR, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I love the fantasy aspect, too. But I would really love to see content that is inspired by the Wicca religion. That means lots of nature related decor, symbols like the pentagram/pentacle, triple moon, triquetra, etc., the Ouija spirit board, a book of shadows, and all the stuff.

I know, I know ... Wicca seems pretty twisted at first sight. But in fact, pretty much the most important Christian holidays are based on pagan ceremonies. And Wicca works with ancient pagan religions and cultures that are far older than Christianity.
    Realms of Magic has the pentagram as part of a rug. I think you would really like the pack. Base game has a voodoo doll which is one of the least used items of the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love them too and so glad to see other Simmers enjoying them too. I would love more worldwide inclusion into the game whether it comes from Roman history, Medieval history, India, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, or Australia.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I often find items from different cultures useful when I want to play Sims in the distant past. I think it's one of the Diwali dresses that works well for a young girl's nightgown (I use that in my main save, too). I just use my imagination a lot - something might not be exactly like clothing that a Victorian might have worn, but it's closer than modern clothing. And the outfits for the Chinese New Year are darling on my modern toddlers.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited September 2019
    How about some Scottish kilts? Now they used to be politically banned but then allowed, became a fashion and now everybody all over the world wears them to celebrate their Scottish heritage on Burns Night. The French beret becoming known in the UK for the onion sellers with their bicycles coming over in the thirties? There's nothing like becoming fashionable to destroy religious and cultural symbols.

Edit: Of course the Irish have them as well!
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited September 2019
    Hey everyone,

I've removed some posts from this thread as they were off topic. Please, let's try to stay on topic from here - this discussion is about suggesting cultures you would like to see represented in the game, not the space to debate what is consider cultural or whether cultural content should or shouldn't be stay out of the game.

Thanks!
    -Mai
  • celestiicelestii Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Simanite said:

>
    > And I can't believe we haven't got a Bindi and Henna yet:
    >
    >
    >
    > (Image)

Correct me if I'm wrong(and I dont mean to be offensive in any way, shape, or form), but I do believe we have henna under the tattoo category.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Just wanted to say that I second your thanks to the devs for this addition.

Also thank YOU for creating such a positive thread that people are contributing their ideas to in a polite and constructive way. I try to stay away from most parts of the forum because of the negativity and this post and its responses made me smile :)