March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magic for Everyone!

It's simple really.. though I'm sounding like a broken record at this point, realm of magic hasn't been released yet but it is already confirmed that already existing occults won't be able to become spellcasters and that makes no sense

This is the pack a lot of people (especially occult players) were waiting for, I know that I certainly was. It has been exciting, the reveal trailer was amazing, I was thinking of all the things I could add to my vampire sims storyline and then...

"No, existing occult sims can't become spellcasters."

Why? It's legitimately like every time a new occult is added they pretend the others don't exist, I legitimately fail to understand how the magic trees and interactions couldn't have been added in a way that doesn't interfere with other things.

It's like saying "Hey, here's everything you ever wanted for your main sim, but oh.. yeah.. she can't use it, sorry, you'll have to make a new sim."

I've said before that I'm still getting the pack, because there are still some really cool new things in it... But seriously... Why is it that the pack that I've most been looking forward to packaged with a free slap in the face after all the time it took to get?

DX stop discriminating against my vampires/aliens/mermaids, they are sims too

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    there will likely be a mod for it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    Which is great... on PC
    But not everyone plays on PC
    All console players would have it the "pray it doesn't break my game" cheats
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I agree. I also wish that vampires, mermaids and aliens could be spellcasters. But I don’t think they will ever patch that in :(
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I knew that magic was going to be either a skill for all sims to learn or confined to a new life state, and when those are the only two options, I'll always go with the latter because I wouldn't want everyone and their mother to accidentally become witches. It would be best if we could just have occult hybrids like in TS2, but alas, the game is already buggy enough as it is. I would have loved to have at least one supersim with magic, vampire, alien and mermaid powers combined!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    Although I had plot points too, that required my Sorcerer sim at the end of his "Humanity" to also become Daemon, (Vampire).

Like I wondered what would happen if a Vampire did Feed off of, or try to turn a Spellcaster. Could the vampire drain the Spellcaster of the magic in their blood and absorb it, or transfer it to another? That was my hope for a convoluted way to make hybrids.

Or something to do with scientists, a mad scientist trying to use science create an ultimate Hybrid, a chimera of sorts.
    they'll need a strong Human specimen, a blank canvas to experiment on.
    and inject Spell caster Plasma, Essence of Vampire, Werewolf Plasma, Mermaid Plasma etc.

Since it's a Battle between Supernatural and Natural Evolution, doing this runs the risk of the sim successfully turning into a Chimera, or Dying.
    Maybe sims with a Higher fitness skill or something will have a higher success rate to endure the Natural to Supernatural Evolution.

But I'm okay with it being a Life State, To me it makes perfect sense, even if magic had been both a Life State and a Skill that wasn't exclusive to the Life state. Those who acquire the magic skill Shouldn't be able to reach the full spell casting potential the Life state can.
    they should be only be able to cover the basics...

In my story there's a chapter where My sim parents Trent and Julia King Just got married. Julia is a Sorceress and Trent is human. and when they move in together and they unpack Trent discovers her Spell book and a box of her potions, curses and enchantments. Trent, Being the slightly curious, but his Detective side kicks in, he feels he should be knowledgeable when it comes to breaking spells, enchantments, and curses and all that. Julia agrees, and so they take a break from unpacking and Delve into some magic together. Julia shows and teaches him how Enchantments and potions are made, and what it really takes, In order to break an enchantment you need to know what created the enchantment, same with potions and curses all that jazz. So Trent can't and doesn't do magic, so he's basically building his lore Skill, and able to use magical objects his wife has obtained over the past few centuries. but because She is teaching him I don't want him to be a spell caster. So that's why I think it's good He can have knowledge of Magic but can't perform magic.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I see where you're coming from, but did you really expect magic to be learnable? If what I've heard is correct, you couldn't use magic unless you were a witch in previous games, excluding Sims 1 because it didn't have lifestates at all. But they haven't said anything about fixing the hybrid glitch in todays patch, and since it's been confirmed that Spellcasters will not have a second form, but will have a skill tree, they likely won't be as buggy with mermaids and aliens but might still be with vampires.
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited September 2019
    I suppose that it was unrealistic of me to think that they'd find a way to make it so that every type of sim already in the game would be able to become a spellcaster, say by unlocking a button on the bar the way you do with fame or something similar

Especially with a slogan like "become the spellcaster you were owl-ways meant to be!" getting thrown around, implying that your sim could become a spellcaster rather than your human or spellcaster could become a spellcaster

Honestly I'd be satisfied enough if I could just keep my characters aesthetic, the pointy ears and fangs she normally has, as much as I'd hate losing her powers.

Though then there are my significantly less human looking vampire sims, I have my own absurdly evil dark lord sim all set up, but he won't be able to use magic

I guess we'll see what's available.. I wasn't really expecting much, but really... there's no way they couldn't have found a way to do two life states in spite of saying "no sim can handle it" because you can do it with cheats, literally all they'd have to do is make it less buggy
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Amavari wrote: »
    Which is great... on PC
    But not everyone plays on PC
    All console players would have it the "pray it doesn't break my game" cheats

Not all PC players want to use mods either, why is that always the go to answer when questions arise ?

@pinkish its always the easy answer, when in doubt use mods. It's amazing what the modding community comes up with honestly, I've never really used any of them besides to get a few more star wars characters (Ahsoka) into my pc game but yeah.. not everyone wants to do that sort of thing.

For me.. my computer is a toaster, I usually play on the ps4, so no mods here.