Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Authors On Here?

TLEE75TLEE75 Posts: 65 Member
edited September 2019 in Off Topic Chat

I was Curious To See if any Authors play the sims!!
If you write on wattpad, follow me! My User is XoJadaWoods!!
If you're writing on facebook sends the link to your page!
If you're writing on any other apps, type the app or website name then your user and I will check it out.

Let's see how many people write!!

Another thing is that I sometimes use the sims to build houses and create my characters so I know how I'm imagining them as I write them, I tend to also use celeb standees to base a character off of. At the moment on wattpad all my stories are under extreme editing so they are unpublished, I also recently deleted that account and I'm back down to 0 followers, excuse my mess yall xD

1883bd8150673bece67b5c21fa5587c8.jpg
Mental Health Advocate
Simmer
Author
https://www.wattpad.com/user/XoCayBunnii

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I am not published but I've been writing since I first learned how to write. And I have an unpublished book of poetry. Last year I started writing my "official" book i want to publish. I just haven't decided if I want to try traditional publishing or wattpad. I have a wattpad account so I will follow you and check out your writing when you have it up. Nice to meet a writer :)

Sims is amazing for stories. I create visual scenes for my story and some of my characters. Just for my own pleasure really but it's fun. :)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I love writing! I haven't published anything, but The Sims is my inspiration. I use the website Grammarly, but I don't think you can view others works on their.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    edited September 2019
    God I wish. I write some pretty cringy stuff i could post them if you'd like
    Edit: too bad!! here it is https://www.wattpad.com/277568072-age-of-aincrad-university-author's-note

• Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    Hi! I love writing, and I enjoy storytelling using pictures as well (loving Sim screen shots for this!). I've been writing or attempting to write my whole life, but I have a hard time finishing stuff. My two completed works (other than a few pretty bad short stories and poems) are both novelized versions of a some Greek myths. One is Hades and Persephone, the other is Dionysus. I've got a third based on Perseus that I just can't seem to get around to finishing, even though it's about 90% done. I have lots of other story attempts in various stages of completion. My whole life is littered with abandoned unfinished stories. Lol.

I've never even come close to having something I feel like trying to publish and I'm shy about sharing. So nothing online at the moment. But I like talking with other writers about writing. I am working on a couple SimLit stories, but also not sharing those online right now either. I'm enjoying using visuals as part of the story. I get a lot of inspiration from playing sims.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm nationally published. But I do children's picture books. A little different than what you write. I have been agented (two agents) with some novels that never sold, sadly.

Anyway, hello!

I write here, though, and it's really rewarding with instant comments and a following. Makes me love writing even more!

Would love to see you venture into simlit. Check out the stories section of the forum!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    I write a lot for my job and have been toying with the idea of writing a book. Not sure if I'll actually get around to it, but I'm venturing into SimLit in the meantime!
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I write short Sims stories on my Tumblr. I've written absolute tons of Harry Potter rp and short stories set in that universe. And I wrote a one-act play that three whole people have bought off Amazon, though two of them were definitely friends of mine...

I see a few people here are considering writing books. I am also considering this. Has anyone else tried NaNoWriMo? That's coming up in a couple months.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    I do quite a lot of writing. I have on my computer two files, one for fanfiction and another for original fiction. Both folders contains original fiction and fanfiction in various stages of completion. I play on The Sims 3 whenever I'm stuck on inspiration or when I want to take a break from writing. The only thing I had published so far is a poem about rabbits I wrote when I was twelve and inspired by the pet rabbits I used to have.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited November 2019
    I personally enjoy writing but it’s not original fic; I tend to do better playing in other people’s sandboxes. I tend to play a lot in Don Bellisario’s sandbox writing fan-fiction for JAG. My stuff tends to be detailed milfic (military fiction) light on “shipper-dom” heavy on the military procedure.
    Well, looks like Kim Jong Il's throwing a temper-tantrum again." Lieutenant Commander Russell Wallace NAVINTEL said as the two men looked at the latest recon photos taken of the North Korean missile emplacements. "He's playing rustle the South Korean President's jimmies; if the little troll-haired twerp isn't careful he's going to get the whole Korean command antsy enough to pull the trigger on a nice little Korean peninsula brawl. He's moved them about a mile closer to the South Korean border." The two men looked carefully at a pile of 11x16 photos on the table…showing several missiles on each frame. Wallace was comparing the earlier dated photos to the most recent ones. It showed movement on several of the mobile launch units. Both Lieutenant Commanders were in khakis. The one who hadn't spoken yet wore naval aviator wings; a brown-shoe.

"So what's going on…in terms of what the South Koreans are saying about it?" The other officer, another lieutenant commander, asked dryly.

"Oh…they're oh-so-politely asking the North Koreans to please move their missiles back to where they originally were…" LCDR Wallace snorted, "That was prior to Friday's missile test – yep; that one Il lobbed off two days ago. Now the South Koreans are hollering like a bunch of caged chimpanzees."
    ~ from a 10 chapter JAG fanfictipn called Beyond the Call of Duty

Plus one of the reasons I don’t find I’d be able to write as a profession is that every so often my muse decides to go off on holiday.

My wife of 20 years was someone who I fell in love with as a result of a dialogue that started due to a mutual appreciation for the TV show and a love of writing fan-fiction. So I’d have to say that writing “changed my life”.

One of the things that I find in writing my style of military JAG fan-fiction is the level of detail that you have to put into it. I have a whole stack of military aircraft books. What NATO has; what the Russians have; how each side will use what tactics.

513F5880-B14B-4BCD-8611-BB6E30DDEBFB.jpeg

Since I’m writing about a naval aviator it behooves me to know what the “cockpit” of an F-14 Tomcat or an F-18 Hornet looks like so that my characters can function within that aircraft in a believable manner. In this case the second officer is a Naval Aviator who flies the F-14 off the USS Theodore Roosevelt and I want to put the reader in the cockpit with the character.
    They completed the takeoff checklist, hooked their oxygen masks to their helmet hook receivers and tightened it. The oxygen feed was good. The visors were up on their flight helmets…since it was night and Animal and Scooter made sure that they had the correct take-off trim while waiting on hook-up while the blast shield was in place for a Hornet to launch. Evidently, even in the midst of hostilities, one still had to get their qualifications for night traps in. Qualifications never ceased. If you weren't rated for night-carrier landings; your career as a naval aviator would come to a screeching halt. So everybody got their rating quotas in as often as possible to make sure that they were always current. As the blast shield came down after the Hornet was now a speck in the distance as the steam dissipated from the previous launch, Animal kept an eye on the plane captain to make sure that he saw exactly what the plane captain wanted him to do via hand gestures. Hook-up also meant watching the plane captain. It was dark and well, they had to follow every gesture closely to make sure that they didn't make a mistake.

"Throttles - Full Military Power;" The F-14 was hooked into the shuttle…and locked in so it wasn't going anywhere until the catapult was fired, nose-gear compressed so that it had the typical Tomcat crouch on the catapult. Animal went on a visual gaze of his instruments to make sure that everything was good. When he was satisfied that he was ready to launch, he stated. "External Light Master Switch – on" and flicked on his external light to full power – bright and steady. And he could see the reflective on the Plane Captain's vest as he saw the dark form drop into crouch and point down the deck towards the pointy end of the boat. Left hand locked pushing the throttles forward to keep them from getting shoved back from the force of the cat-shot and putting his right hand on the handhold above the HUD. After launch he would drop his hand down to the stick and correct the twenty to twenty-five degree yaw to port and resultant forty degree pitch-up that the Tomcat tended to go into when shot off the carrier; it was just a Tomcat idiosyncrasy. If they could be outside of the aircraft they would see a blue-white afterburner flame licking the blast-shield. Bracing himself, Animal waited for the kic-

His vision caged as the catapult flung him towards the pointy end of the boat. Dropping his hand down as the F-14 cleared the end of the boat and was flung off towards the dark. His vision cleared and even without thinking his hand was already on the stick and instinctively correcting the yaw. "Fast Eagle 104, airborne…" he called out "gear up…gear light off; 200 knots…raising flaps. Just another fine Navy night, gentlemen."

Writing is great on many levels; it keeps my brain active and it also is a de-stressor if you’re not writing on a deadline. I’m sure the published authors on this thread have come up against that crunch time.

Writings been good to me. It’s allowed me to challenge myself and it has brought major changes in my life.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ShawnedaShawneda Posts: 42 Member
    I've written and published over twenty novels and been paid to ghost write two fiction novels and a memoir for someone else... you can find information about me on my website. I started in Christian/inspirational fiction... found it too restrictive and now write women's fiction aka chick lit. I'm in awe of the beautiful stories here I've found... I created and deleted my first SIMS video so I could do my characters and book worlds justice. Learning a lot here on the forums. Here is my website... if that's allowed...www.shawneda.com
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited December 2019
    Someone here just turned me on to Archive Of Our Own aka AO3, and it has been the best thing ever. I'm transferring the Tale of Gaston there, chapter by chapter, expanding, improving, and fleshing it out as I go, reveling in the creative freedom that being able to rearrange chapters, use rich-text editing that shows me what it looks like as I go, and the freedom that tags up to and including Mature, Explicit, etc offer (no more limitations to work around). It has been the best thing ever, so thanks, @ryttu3k for being the one to point me to it. I had been very frustrated with the search for a place to host the story, til this. It pairs really well with imgur for screenshots.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @Nushnushganay glad to help! I have an AO3 of my own (same username), mostly fanfiction, although I'd very much like to get published with original writing. I'm working towards that, so fingers crossed!
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    I just wrote a children's chapter book! Not published anywhere yet, still in the editing process. Hopefully soon it will be available!