Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No "right" way to play :) So now Im playing how I want & my sims live their best life.

2...Next

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    OP, so glad you had the courage to stretch your wings and play the game the way you want to. I do, too. I don't much care for my Sims to have to struggle. I've done enough of that my entire life. My Cantrell family is beyond rich, but the Dad still works, hard. His second child and son is my Global Superstar. He also gained riches at an early time in his life. What do you expect from a teen who attains the title of Global Superstar? Yeah, I had him quit school, too. He was able to earn so much more having the entire day to pursue what he loves. His music and the ability to share it. :)

For me, I rarely, if ever play the premades. I'm a writer with a sometimes out-of-control imagination, so creating a backstory for my Sims is not a problem. There is something highly gratifying in watching them play out their lives in a manner too difficult to show when they are minor characters in a book you've written.

As for the Sims, there is no right or wrong way to play, it's a sandbox game. Have fun!

What I like about this game is that you can choose the challenges you want to play. Like you, I've been there, done that with penny-pinching in real life - when the series first started, it was a place where I didn't have to worry about how I'd pay the bills. Every generation has a goal - maybe they'll finish a career I've never played before, or collect all the collectibles, or serial-foster a bunch of toddlers. And sometimes, I'll make a new save in which I don't use the money cheat, just for something different.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Since I first started playing Sims I have always played no cheating, grind away, have a family, next generation, do it all over again. I always rolled my decisions and half the packs and stuff I have in my game I havent played with, waiting for the roll of the dice. Well now, for the first time, I've switched aging off and am doing what I want to do, no time restrictions and I'm having a ball.

So glad you're all having fun too :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1