September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.
September 13 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!

Help! Can't get The Sims to install on Windows 10.

Hey all, I recently bought The Sims Deluxe Edition with the CDs. I try to install the first disc but nothing comes up for me... I can't get the installer to run at all. I have tried googling the answer but only find a solution to the problem if you have the game already installed...

Please help me!
Casual player :)

Comments

• RikuriiRikurii Posts: 74 Member
    Okay so I installed it, but now I can't open it. Can anyone help me?
    I feel so stupid. I bought this and some expansion packs not knowing they wouldn't work windows 10. :(
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 639 Member
    Have you tried to google search the solution? When I googled it I got 3 video tutorials, an EA Help thread, and a Sims forum thread with instructions on how to get it to run. Here's the link the the EA Help https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/The-sims-1-on-Windows-10-please-sticky-this/td-p/5024650
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    Thank you, yeah I did google it. I found a fix but I need to have all the expansion packs. I have all but one, which I have ordered off ebay. When it arrives I will try it again. Hopefully it will work. I really wish EA would release a windows 10 supported version. I would pay for it!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 639 Member
    Rikurii wrote: »
    I really wish EA would release a windows 10 supported version. I would pay for it!

So would I! I think a lot of us would! Last year I re-installed TS2 and that was a bit of a fight to get working as well. It would be nice to have all the games supported but I can see why they don't. Good luck with the install and happy simming when you get there. :)

Origin ID: Peapod79