Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will we ever have drivable cars in TS4?

1235...Next

Comments

• simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    Someone is creating a mod now that lets sims drive cars. Cars replace bikes but unfortuanly only one sim per car I asked the modder..

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited February 2020
    Someone is creating a mod now that lets sims drive cars. Cars replace bikes but unfortuanly only one sim per car I asked the modder..

Driving on the sidewalk... I guess if you want a car bad enough. I think that would be obnoxious having a car driving on foot paths, running over bushes and people. And I can imagine what they'll do when they hit stairs or a spot where Sims feel compelled to get off their bike and walk.

My husband said if they are going to do that, they should at least do one of those mini smart cars that only fits one person and isn't much bigger than a motorcycle.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

Driving on the sidewalk... I guess if you want a car bad enough. I think that would be obnoxious having a car driving on foot paths, running over bushes and people. And I can imagine what they'll do when they hit stairs or a spot where Sims feel compelled to get off their bike and walk.

My husband said if they are going to do that, they should at least do one of those mini smart cars that only fits one person and isn't much bigger than a motorcycle.

If we get cars I'm hoping atleast 2 sims can get in them unlike boats were only 1 sim can.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I would be happy if they'd just get rid of those "rotten orange" colored cars and trucks that park outside my sims's house.

But yeah, totally would love a driveable car in the game.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Zulf_12Zulf_12 Posts: 109 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

My mod replace bicycle, that why they still drive in sidewalk :lol: . I hope we get cars when future update :smile:
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    It does seem unusual that we have cars driving around autonomously but no interactions possible. That said, I don't really miss them.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Not missing them really. I rarely used them in Sims 2 or 3, to be honest. I don't really feel like they're a vital part for my gameplay.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I am pro-car. I don't believe we will ever get full featured cars because the roads you see in the game are merely decorations. They do not have the functionality of a road. It would be feasible to get cars that stay on your lot and you can do whatever you want with it. Such as working on it or woohoo. Maybe your sim can get in the car and then cut to a loading screen when going somewhere.
  • SimsRandRSimsRandR Posts: 5 New Member
    I like the car idea but thinking about the amount of data and the lag it will cause on most simmers and the aforementioned "small" worlds and lack of roads (did anyone mention atv's?) But another problem area is the diversity of road vehicles that they would have to design for a sim to use a car/truck... I mean, during the time of thesims 2 the designs were simpler, and even for the sims 3 the cars are on the simpler side. they are trying to upgrade and update all of their designs so it would take some time to have it all match with the aesthetics they currently stand by.