Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will we ever have drivable cars in TS4?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    No I don't think they are going to put cars in Sims 4 Sims still walk around like they are stupid even in Sims 2 if I remember they got into a car and then disappeared who ever thought of the idea of Sims walk home or from place to place must be a real morn.

Remember they added a new transportation catagory in the game. That makes cars more likely.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    No I don't think they are going to put cars in Sims 4 Sims still walk around like they are stupid even in Sims 2 if I remember they got into a car and then disappeared who ever thought of the idea of Sims walk home or from place to place must be a real morn.

I walk and take public transportation all the time. So does most of the world. Nothing 'morn' about it - it's better for my health and everyone's health, not to mention the planet's health.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

They might do the same thing like with the bicycles - have it in one world. If that's the case, then I think it would be nice if they added a race track to that new world and a racing career and the ability to fix cars (not just one model, but several would great!).
  • Options

They might do the same thing like with the bicycles - have it in one world. If that's the case, then I think it would be nice if they added a race track to that new world and a racing career and the ability to fix cars (not just one model, but several would great!).

Bikes work in any world. I used them in Selvadarado.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Oh that's good! Then it is quite possible that they'll add drivable cars. I don't see why not if bicycles can.
  • Options

Oh that's good! Then it is quite possible that they'll add drivable cars. I don't see why not if bicycles can.

I've also used bikes in Glimmerbrook and Brendleton Bay. A guru said they work in any world. I think it was Frost.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2019

Remember they added a new transportation catagory in the game. That makes cars more likely.

This is a really good point. And probably the biggest hint we have about cars, or something. I remember seeing the outerwear category in the game and wondering years ago why was it there, when Seasons wasn't even on the plan, and I hope we don't have to wait as long for that category to be filled as we did for outerwear to be a reality.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

This is a really good point. And probably the biggest hint we have about cars, or something. I remember seeing the outerwear category in the game and wondering years ago why was it there, when Seasons wasn't even on the plan, and I hope we don't have to wait as long for that category to be filled as we did for outerwear to be a reality.

I was never a big cars fan but that's exciting news.🤭🤭I love hints.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I would love to have this feature and I am surprised it hasn't happened yet. Do you think we will ever have drivable cars in The Sims 4? It needs to be in a patch. Are there any mods that truly make any cars drivable?

Definitely YAS! I think they started developing cars in 2017...

We all know it takes time and it's very hard for them to develop this type of animation. 😉
  • Options
    Emerald811Emerald811 Posts: 16 Member
    We don't need them because you'll just drive off into a loading screen anyways.
    I never understood the request for cars in the game, because they're fundamentally pointless in the grand scheme of things with how traveling works in Sims 4.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Emerald811 wrote: »
    I never understood the request for cars in the game, because they're fundamentally pointless in the grand scheme of things with how traveling works in Sims 4.

thats what they did in sims 2, but it still added gameplay and much needed storytelling tools having them
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I’m not holding my breath, and I can live without them at this point. If they try to add them in, they’re sure to do it in a disappointing, half-baked, sloppy way and everyone is just going to be disappointed.

There’s no open world, the game can’t support it, so even if they add them in some form, you’ll get maybe 5 seconds of your Sim in a car on a road.

This isn’t Sims 3 and we’re never going to get to go for a ride across the map with our sim in this iteration.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Maybe. They've been highly requested and the team knows a lot of people want them. Literally every time there's an announcement for new "surprise" content, the number one guess is cars. Honestly, I think it would be foolish of them to never introduce cars when there's been such a high demand for them. Plus, it's honestly weird that TS4 doesn't have cars this far into the series. Cars are literally one of the most common things people own and use in day to day life. I find it weird that we've had humongous rocket ships since release, but no cars entering 2020.
  • Options
    Emerald811 wrote: »

Your forgetting about the gameplay with cars woohoo,makeout, try for a baby,cuddle and stargaze, chat,listen to the radio etc.
  • Options
    Maybe. They've been highly requested and the team knows a lot of people want them. Literally every time there's an announcement for new "surprise" content, the number one guess is cars. Honestly, I think it would be foolish of them to never introduce cars when there's been such a high demand for them. Plus, it's honestly weird that TS4 doesn't have cars this far into the series. Cars are literally one of the most common things people own and use in day to day life. I find it weird that we've had humongous rocket ships since release, but no cars entering 2020.

That and they have boats and bikes already.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They better!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    I’m not holding my breath, and I can live without them at this point. If they try to add them in, they’re sure to do it in a disappointing, half-baked, sloppy way and everyone is just going to be disappointed.

There’s no open world, the game can’t support it, so even if they add them in some form, you’ll get maybe 5 seconds of your Sim in a car on a road.

This isn’t Sims 3 and we’re never going to get to go for a ride across the map with our sim in this iteration.
    I would not be disappointed with 5 seconds of my Sim backing out of the garage and driving out the driveway that would actually be amazing adding the realism and game play I've been looking for since Sims 4 release. Now my Sims poofing everywhere I find to be disappointing it adds no game play and is just ridiculous for a game that forces modern worlds.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member
    Driving a car in Sims 4, defeats the purpose of the type of game Sims is. However, there are loads CC cars to place on your driveway, car port, in front of garage. If you want to drive, there are plenty of racing and car driving games.
    Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.
  • Options
    Driving a car in Sims 4, defeats the purpose of the type of game Sims is. However, there are loads CC cars to place on your driveway, car port, in front of garage. If you want to drive, there are plenty of racing and car driving games.

I want the woohoo animation with cars.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2020

I think it's a bit unrealistic to think no one is driving personal cars in this day and age, since this game is a life simulator or at least we thought it was. I wonder how realistic players logically square that circle when it comes to not wanting 'fantasy'. Seems no one driving would be fantasy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MaybellineLOréalMaybellineLOréal Posts: 5 New Member
    I think a NASCAR-like pack or similar racing-related expansion would be great. Racing as a hobby and sport (or even a career) on a lot since the game isn't an open world.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    In two words, OP? Not really.

I suspect that some facsimile of a car will come at some point. However, they'll be as much of a disappointment as the one-seater boat and bicycle that both seem to move and turn along a grid as if they were made in 1998. Not to mention, probably only the driver will remain visible as TS4 doesn't seem capable of handling anything that seats two, much less four. Worst-case scenario? Vehicles will be mini rabbit holes and their windows will remain opaque.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I have bicycles now. My Sim hasn't used one yet. But several times I saw Sims walk up to where my Sim was standing, pull the bicycle out and get on it, then get off and put it back in their inventory. One even did it twice before he finally walked into the building we were by. I saw another Sim riding by, get off and put it in his inventory, walk a few feet, then get back on. That doesn't instill confidence in how well cars might work.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    heyrobertoheyroberto Posts: 47 Member
    Well idk if driving cars makes sense in the game but if we get the same experience of the sims 3 that would be great
    5zUb897.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Someone is creating a mod now that lets sims drive cars. Cars replace bikes but unfortuanly only one sim per car I asked the modder..