THE SIMS 4: 5 YEAR CELEBRATION LEGACY!Hey guys, I came up with this Legacy Challenge to celebrate 5 years of The Sims 4 and I am playing myself and posting updates to my
I thought I’d share this challenge with you in case you were interested. Each Generation focuses on completing some of the features introduced in a Game Pack and/or Expansion Pack throughout the first 5 years of the Sims 4 release. There are 2 generations for each year (2015-2019). You should start with one young adult sim, your founder, and not use any money cheats. Feel free to start this using the rules of a traditional legacy if you wish. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to get in touch - comment below or tweet me at phdsimmer!
To complete this Legacy Challenge you will require the following packs:
· Expansions: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous and Island Living (or Discover University)
· Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Da, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure and StrangerVille (or Realm of Magic)
· Optional Stuff Packs: Kids Room and Toddler Stuff
It's hard work and a challenge for sure! (but we need that in the Sims 4 right? Enjoy! *insert evil laugh*)
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU RUN ACROSS ANY PROBLEMS! I WOULD LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK!
***Check out my for my progress
***Check out lostinsophie
who's streaming the challenge on Twitch
Let me know if you're attempting this challenge and I'll link you above too!
***thanks to mermaidoutofwater83 for letting me know that dance parties aren't goaled events for Gen2, I've edited that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Year 1 (2015)Generation 1 – Outdoor Retreat / Get to WorkAlthough you love your job and are determined to reach the top, being stuck at work all day has taught you to appreciate nature. You love nothing more than being outside no matter the weather – be it sunbathing, hiking in Granite Falls or indulging in your passion for photography. You love to spend a few nights camping among the stars.
Traits: Ambitious, Loves the Outdoors and one of your choice.
Aspiration: Outdoor Enthusiast
Career: Complete one of the active careers from Get to Work.
1. Start off in either Willow Creek or Oasis Springs
2. Complete your career and aspiration.
3. Marry a sim also doing an active career from Get to Work (you don’t have to play the career if you don’t wish to).
4. Reach level 5 of photography skill.
5. Take a vacation of at least 2 nights in Granite Falls, find the hidden cave and visit the hermit.
6. Complete insect collection.
7. Woohoo in a tent.
8. Have a Gold level Weenie Roast
9. Move to Windenburg when your Heir for Gen 2 ages up to a Teen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Generation 2 – Spa Day / Get TogetherMoving to Windenburg as a teen gave you a fresh start and whilst your parents were always focused on their careers you were more interested in the arts and making friends. You are not as ambitious as your parents, and as long as you can make a little money from your hobbies and passions to get by you’re more than happy.
Traits: Insider, Creative, Dance Machine,
Aspiration: Choose either Musical Genius, Best Selling Author or Painter Extraordinaire
Career: Register as self-employed (painter/author or musician). This can be related to the skills you will develop with your chosen aspiration or separate if you want more of a challenge. You can also do the freelancer career in painting or writing if you wish but this is not required.
1. Complete your aspiration.
2. Create a club or take-over leadership of an existing club. Have 8 club members.
3. Befriend all your club members and marry one of them.
4. Have a weekly club gathering.
5. Complete the wellness skill and participate in a yoga class once a week until you reach level 10 of wellness (you can stop then if you want to).
6. Woohoo in the sauna, the woohoo bush and the closet
7. Reach level 5 of the dance skill and max the DJ skill and host a dance party at the Bluffs to show off your new talents.
8. The heir to Generation 3 must be female.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Year 2 (2016)Generation 3 – Dine OutAlthough creative in the kitchen your parents were not very skilled. Sick of putting up with bad quality and often burnt food you took over cooking for your family at a young age and have found passion in the culinary arts. However, you become invested in your business and don’t realise your homelife is falling apart until it’s too late. You end up getting divorced.
Traits: Foodie, Snob, Perfectionist
Aspiration: Master Chef
Career: Culinary (Chef) until Level 7 then quit and open your own restaurant.
1. Get married whilst working as a Chef. You can have children during this time if you wish (these will not be able to be the heir).
2. Move your family to San Myshuno and open a restaurant in the City.
3. Complete the cooking skill and either the gourmet cooking or the baking skill.
4. Host a Gold level dinner party.
5. Get your restaurant to 5 stars.
6. Get divorced whilst running your restaurant and then move to a small apartment on your own. Any existing children remain with the other
7. Get romantically involved with a staff member and have child by them. The child must be born whilst living in San Myshuno and will be the heir
to Generation 4.
8. Collect the 20 experimental food points (see collections).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Generation 4 – City LivingYou’re the black-sheep of the family and raised by your mother alone in the big city. As a chef and foodie your mother disapproves of your vegetarian lifestyle. You love it in San Myshuno though, especially since befriended the guys who hang around outside your apartment and play basketball. They’re a bad influence on you though and you find yourself skipping school and getting into trouble a lot. Perhaps its just your way of getting attention from your mother who is busy running her restaurant. You eventually grow up and straighten out your ways and decide to pursue a career in politics enabling you to help kids growing up the city.
Traits: Vegetarian, Kleptomaniac, Hot-Headed
Aspiration: City Native
Career: Politics – Charity Branch
1. Remain in San Myshuno your whole life and complete your aspiration.
2. Attend all the festivals at least once.
3. Do not allow your school grade to go above a C and have two character values in the red.
4. Steal items that add up to the value of £5000, graffiti at least one pavement and wall in San Myshuno, join any protests you see happening and
start some of your own and have at least 2 enemies. Skip school whenever you feel like it.
5. Move out to your own apartment as soon as you become a young adult and have at least one child before you are half-way through your
young-adult life stage.
6. Do not have a job until you reach adulthood (not young adulthood) so make money any way you can including stealing.
7. When you reach adulthood join the politics career. You do not have to complete your career but must reach at least Level 5 and chose the
8. Complete the snow globe and city poster collections.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Year 3 (2017)Generation 5 – ParenthoodYou want to be the best parent you can because for most of your childhood your parents were absent. You strive to help your children in anyway you can and want them to live happy and fulfilling lives. You devote yourself to your children and have little time for your own career or hobbies. You spoil your children rotten.
Traits: Family Orientated, Neat and Childish
Aspiration: Super Parent
Career: None (stay at home parent).
1. Move out of San Myshuno to either Willow Creek or Oasis Springs (pick the one you did not choose for Generation 1).
2. Complete your aspiration.
3. Reach level 10 of parenting skill.
4. Get married and have 4 children – give each child a different aspiration.
5. All children must complete their aspirations (i think this will be hard, sorry!), maximise at least one character values and reach an A in both grade school and high school.
6. Sunday is family day – take your kids somewhere nice and spoil them rotten.
7. Collect all the voidcritter cards (requires Kids Room Stuff). Note: you can remove this requirement if you don't have the pack.
8. Host a Gold level Toddler Playdate (requires Toddler Stuff). Note: you can remove this requirement if you don't have the pack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Generation 6 – Cats & DogsSurrounded by a big noisy family as you grew up, you found yourself preferring the quiet company of animals. You were spoiled as a child, and this continues as you grow up with your parents loaning you the money to buy your own clinic after you leave veterinary school. Soon you realise what hard work really is and you kind of enjoy it. You are determined to pay your parents back.
Traits: Cat Lover, Dog Lover and one of your choice.
Aspiration: Friend of the Animals
Career: None – Run a Vet Clinic
1. Move to Brindleton Bay and open up a vet clinic using £15,000 loaned to you by your parents.
2. Complete your aspiration.
3. Have at least 3 pets at all times.
4. Reach Level 10 of veterinary skill and Level 5 of the pet training skill.
5. Get your Vet clinic to 5 stars
6. Woohoo at the lighthouse
7. Collect all the feathers and turn them into a bird statue.
8. Remove £15,000 from your households funds to “pay back” your parents when you can – this is the only time you are allowed to use cheats.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Year 4 (2018)Generation 7 – Jungle Adventure / SeasonsYou are a generally happy and content person and love spending time in your garden and feeling the suns rays on your back. Not much gets you down. You love to travel and collect seeds to grow more exotic fruits and vegetables in your garden.
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Cheerful and one of your choice
Aspiration: Freelance Botanist
Career: Gardening – either branch
1. Complete your career and aspiration
2. Complete the flower arranging and the gardening skill
3. Grow a money tree and a cow plant
4. Take a vacation to Selvadorada and complete a temple and complete either the omiscan artefact or treasure collection.
5. Collect an avocado and black bean from Selvadorada and grow at home.
6. Collect a coconut, cava, taro and pineapple plant from Sulani and grow at home.
7. Woohoo in a leaf pile
8. Have at least two children, have your heir for Generation 8 join the after school drama club and have a different child join the scouts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Generation 8 – Get FamousYou loved after school drama club and the attention being the lead in all the school plays got you. You dream of being a famous celebrity. You’ve been so focused on your dream you haven’t really paid much attention in school – just getting by as best you can. Despite your parent’s advice to buckle down and concentrate on your school work so you can go to college you decide to relocate to Del Sol Valley and attempt to climb the fame ladder. You hope one day you can prove your parents wrong and make them proud.
Traits: Self-Absorbed, Non-Committal and Outgoing
Aspiration: Master Actor/Actress or World Famous Celebrity
1. Move to Del Sol Valley
2. Complete your career and aspiration
3. Have a social media account with over 1 million followers
4. Complete the media production skill
5. Have at least three failed relationships with other celebrities (3 star or above).
6. Marry a 5 star celebrity
7. Woohoo in the sleeping pod and the money vault
8. Have only one child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Year 5 (2019)
Okay so 2019 was a great year for The Sims 4, you can choose one of two options for generation 9 (Strangerville or Realm of Magic) and generation 10 (Island Living or Discover University). If you want to really challenge yourself do all four and make this a 12 generation legacy! (I'd love to see you try XD)Generation 9 OPTION 1 – StrangervilleYou’ve never really understood your parents desire to be in the spotlight, you’d prefer to hide away and be left with your games console and your books as well as all the computers and gadgets you like to tinker with. Somehow you think you’ve disappointed them by being their only child and not being interested in fame or fortune. You decide to get out of Del Sol Valley and relocate to Strangerville to focus on writing your first novel. This town is perfect as no one knows you or who your famous parents are.
Traits: Geek, Paranoid, Bookworm
Aspiration: Strangerville Mystery
Career: Tech Guru
1. Move to Strangerville
2. Complete your career and aspiration
3. Reach level 10 of the video gaming, programming and writing skill
4. Complete the postcard collection.
5. Write 5 best-selling books.
6. Have no romantic relationships until adulthood.
7. Marry someone from Strangerville.
8. Get married in Sulani on vacation
9. Get pregnant in Sulani (if you pick option 1 for Generation 10).Generation 9 OPTION 2 – Realm of MagicYou’ve never really understood your parents desire to be in the spotlight, you’d prefer to spend your time at the library reading books. You've always felt like the odd one out in Del Sol Valley with the alternative way you dress and your brightly coloured hair and little interest fame. One day you find an old book describing a place called the Magic Realm which has some connection to a world called Glimmerbrook. You tell your parents and they just laugh at you, telling you it's little more than a fairy-tale. However, deep down you know it's real and you feel a strange sense of calling so you immediately pack your bags and head off, determined to find the Magic Realm.
Traits: Loner, bookworm and one of your choice
Aspiration: Spellcraft and Sorcery or Purveyor of Potions
Career: Your choice!
1. Complete your aspiration
2. Complete the spellbook and the magical artifacts collection
3. Find all of the familiars and bind them to you
4. Have a cat or dog familiar
5. Date a different occult sim (vampire/alien/mermaid). NB. You don't have to marry them.
6. Reach level 10 of the writing skill
7. Have a perfect quality mandrake and valerian root
8. Get married in on vacation in Sulani
9. Get pregnant in Sulani (if you pick option 1 for Generation 10).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Generation 10 OPTION 1– Island LivingYou were conceived in Sulani, and were a surprise to both your parents. Perhaps this surprise pregnancy has something to do with the island spirits? It wouldn’t be the first time your parents were involved in some strange going on’s after all. Despite being born in Sulani, you grew up in Strangerville with a love of music and thought you’d remain there for ever. But soon you felt drawn back to the island and when you arrive you realise it’s your destiny help the island to heal.
Traits: Child of the Ocean, Child of the Island and one of your choice
Aspiration: Beach Life
1. Move to Sulani and start off living off the grid (you can change this when you want to if it hinders you too much).
2. Complete your career and aspiration
3. Reach Level 10 of the singing skill and one instrument of your choice.
4. Host a Gold level Kava party
5. Marry a mermaid/merman
6. Be friend all the coloured dolphins
7. Woohoo in the Waterfall
8. Collect all the seashells and buried treasureGeneration 10 OPTION 2 – Discover UniversityYou love your parents very much, but they're a little bit odd. You want nothing more than to be normal! So as soon as you can you head off to college to start afresh. You're not even sure what you want to study, you just can't wait to get to college and start you're new life where no-one knows you or your family. You're parents are supportive and even offer to pay for your studies, but you want to do this on your own so you apply for scholarships, take out a loan and get a part time job.
Traits: Ambitious, lazy and one of your choice.
Career: Choose a degree programme at either University and then one of the three new careers that came with Discover University.
1. Complete your aspiration
2. Get a piercing, tattoo and change your hair colour.
3. Have a part time job
4. Live in a dorm for at least two terms
5. Join the secret society
6. Wohoo in the shower
7. Host a gold level keg party
8. Date a roommate (or two if you like)
9. Finish with an A grade
Sul Sul! I'm a life long fan of The Sims! Come and join me on Youtube/Twitter. My videos are mainly LPs and Challenges, with a few other random things thrown in there too!