Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Want EP08 to be?

Following the theme of 2018, EP08 is due in a few months. And yes, this is my distraction from the Realm of Magic wait! :D
funny-gifs20.gif

What Do You Want EP08 to be? 200 votes

University
49%
CK213alexspoom13IceyJaprilroseMadstarletWedHowGreatThouArtMartinvlisamwittPlayerSinger2010IrdiwenMariefoxprice83simgirl1010robyngravesElegantblkchina1fruitsbasket101loubyloulougoodcakebaker62a_niles06SxcDannii202 98 votes
Farming
24%
icmnfrshaelias24Isb917AnmirlaAnyahscchant86IObelleJnyxMoon_WillowBluelleldmarkoashcrash19davina1221mordarlargrayhorseranchjcp011c2ChampandGirliebixterskristenleighwhiteNinja-Dan22 48 votes
Family-Focused
10%
rudy8292IcewolfinvisiblgirlDarcVader1Foxrox77Laruhellannaliese39mariajane216adamzaidChadSims2MagicalZiaJediMuppetAtreya33TS1299Evie0602ListentoToppDoggDreamCytcherSimAlexandriaSimmyFroggyAyKooChao 20 votes
Occult Based
5%
VuloriMilutinMujovicJACKIEJOYadele_katAuronoiChieftainmegank48906lazyjuniperMondayIceColdPainAmavari 10 votes
Vacation-Type
3%
Bagoas77AjaGiodetermigEvaliynSimzilla_7SomebodySomeplace 6 votes
Other
9%
JestTrug01denswanalanmichael1catloverplayerSk8rblazeelelunicySweetieWright_84Lemon405QueenMercyYBNS2468AlanSimsBabySquarecomicsforlifeCupidVivi_WillowTreeAliisavasCharlotta11Simmingal 18 votes

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Farming
    Farming definitely want that above all else on the list. I would love horses though I don't expect to get them.

If we do get an Education pack I'd rather it be focused on more general education like adding an Educator career/job or expanding more on the Pre-School/Elementary/Highschool experience. It's not something they've ever really done before not to the same level they've done University and I would love to see it if they would. Bring back private schools, boarding schools, add a homeschool option. Have the things our sim children do actually have consequences for their futures.

I do still want University but I'd rather get the other stuff first.
    ~ ~ ~
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    University
    Ahhh. I'm having a hard time answering this because I WANT basically all those things. (Unless there's a real focus on improving off-the-grid options then I couldn't care less about farming, but that's me). But family focused? Yes! I want stuff for elders and stuff for teens and family reunions and more way for kids to interact! Occults? YES. I want genies and fairies (and I know my roommate wants werewolves). Vacation? YES. I would love a cruise themed pack! Other? YES! More era-themed packs, survivalist packs, more!

So I'm going to say University primarily so the people who are dying for university don't literally die from being made to wait any longer, lol.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Farming
    Farming 1st. Animals, fences, farmer's market, tractors, crops, farming profession, farm emoluments, largest lots possible. I would like to buy and sell animals, milk, eggs, and crops. Straw hat, chewing on a piece of straw, hammocks, cheap/ lumpy mattress bed, straw bed, ect

Vacation and Uni would also be nice, later.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited September 2019
    Other
    technically i could say i want it to be uni so people stop asking for it and forums would have something else to discuss next :joy:
    and people could finally stop saying '' it should have been uni'' about everything that releases

if its around christmas though id just go with something ''wintery'' to play personally
    not too fussed though since I'll probably be busy with RoM myself
    and have no money to buy whatever it is immediately

winter activities pack?
    hobbies pack?
    old times?
    winter is coming pack?
    gremlin attack?
    idk :joy:
    just surprise me

many themes i have in mind are more suited to spring/summer/ autumn so I am fine waiting on them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Other
    family
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    family

I put family up there @comicsforlife
    funny-gifs20.gif

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Other
    family

I put family up there @comicsforlife

oh I didn't see thats my vote then
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Family-Focused
    I want Generations with preteens and a free the babies patch.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    University
    I’m really looking forward to University, but I’m also okay with Farming or Hobbies. University is top of my list, though.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited September 2019
    Family-Focused
    I voted for family-focused because what I’d really love is an education pack that’d include university but have more stuff for all family members, including things like actually going to drama club performances instead of it just being a rabbit hole etc :)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2019
    Family-Focused
    As a family player, I would love to see a generations themed expansion that really fleshes out the different age groups and family interactions (with a free baby patch). I am also desperate for werewolves, but I would prefer to see them in a game pack - it's a bit of a stretch, but I guess they could also be part of Farming or University? I'm not particularly fussed on those if not, but certain features could attract me to them e.g. horses and horse riding, homeschooling and open courses, practical subjects and careers, bands etc. I am still waiting for a beach vacation world, but I would be happy with a hotel GP and rented home venues so that Sulani and all others worlds can be used for vacations. I want a romance pack too, but again this would probably be better suited to a GP. More hobbies would be great as well e.g. sewing/knitting, embroidery, origami etc. either in their own smaller pack or as part of a larger expansion.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Farming
    Families and life stages desperately need to be fleshed out, and hobbies would do wonders for keeping soms busy. Buuuut farming is one of my all-time wants.

I also REALLY want a vacation world, one that actually focuses on vacations instead of collecting things or doing quests. But we just got a world-based pack this year, so I can wait. Same reason for occults - we waited a long time for attention, but now two of my major wants were taken care of in one year.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    University
    University, but including some new hobby items for other age groups. Then Farming as the next GP.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Farming
    Farming & horses, please!
    I wouldn't say No to a winter vacation pack with a permanent winter world, but I think a GP is sufficient for that.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    University
    Im ready for my sims to go to school! Give me exams, buildable dorms, classes, consequences for not doing school work, parents woohooing bribing the headmaster for their kid's early acceptance, school uniforms, everything!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited September 2019
    Family-Focused
    This entire year has been the year of single YA/adult sims, so of course I want the next EP to be a family pack. I know it ain't gonna happen though.

For the one after this one though, I hope it will be a family pack. Overhauled babies in a patch that aren't latched to the bassinet, can learn to crawl, and take their first steps, then a Generations-style pack that gives babies, toddlers, kids, teens, and elders a huge amount of unique gameplay just to those age groups. New events like baby showers, more games for kids, more for weddings, activites for elders like golf and knitting, etc.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Other
    I voted other.

I want it to be either a romantic ep or themeparks but universities is my number 2 choice.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Farming
    Giving my vote to Farming.
    Parenthood GP did a lot for family play and I am not sure if thee's enough on that front for an EP.
    University is not something I can see repeatedly enjoyable for me.
    Full-scale Supernaturals are going to be one-by-one via GPs, if Vampires and RoM are of any indication. Similar with Vacation-type content (OR and JA were GPs as well)

Farming is something that could be done in a large scale and add some things I'd like to see: more rural and/or run-down BB/CAS items, nectar making, a town with large zones and lots, possibly body hair (at least some, though I think they'll leave the heavy-haired options for a werewolf pack), possibly delving deeper into off-the-grid (solar panels, windmills, water wells) and maybe some update to handiness skill (because there's a lot to do by hand on a farm). Horses are something I don't see coming, no matter how I'd wish so, but there's enough potential with farming for livestock (and possibly cross-pack play with C&D such as teaching cats/dogs to not chase your own livestock).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Farming
    For what I want, it has to be farming. However, I think it is likely to be University and then farming next year, hopefully early and hopefully as an EP rather than GP, a fully-fleshed one though, not half-baked like IL. Sorry.

I don't think families will get an EP now that we have Parenthood as a GP, that is just wonderful and definitely a must-have in your game, IMO. I think there are still things they could add and I would love to see it expanded, as gameplay as a whole is lacking for me after all this time. However I think another GP focused on a different aspect of family life could address that. I also think some things should be added to the base game, like expanded family relationships and a better memory system so what has happened in the past has an impact on the present and future, just like RL.

I think there needs to be significantly more activities added to the game, a hobbies pack would be great, but again it wouldn't be an EP, I don't think.

I know University is something people really want, I just hope there would be more to it than going to uni as it is a bit of a one and done thing. An education and activities EP would add a great deal more, encompassing university of course. I would also make it a bit different from other iterations of the pack and I think that would be good. Repetition gets boring.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Other
    I’d love a sims 4 Into the Future, especially with plumbots.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Family-Focused
    Family focused... Farming a close second
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Family-Focused
    My sims literally had nothing to do in their family social life so family-focused will be my vote. I want the children to have more games and interaction like in TS2, and teens to act like teens. Also the elder's life deserves to be expanded rvrn more.

Besides I also think something like romantic or dating theme should come with it (and bring back relax on bed, watching cloud/stars together etc.). Hobbies are among my expectations but I doubt they will put that much in one EP.

Realistically, the next EP shall be University.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    I'd like anything that potentially had content for all or most lifestates.

While I do believe University plays a big role in a life sim game, the main problem with it is that it basically only offers content for a single state: YA.

Still, I'm pretty sure it's going to be the next EP. Now that we will finally get Magic, I can kinda deal with whatever.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Farming
    I don't think farming will come next... just voting for it because I really want it in general to show my support for the idea. However I'll be happy with many other pack possibilities.
    egTcBMc.png
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    Vacation-Type
    I want Egyptian style tombs and other places I can visit and explore :D:D:D