Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Not Turning Supernatural in Custom World?

Before I begin: 1) this probably isn't a CAW question because I'm just playing in a world, not building one (though I guess I know enough about CAW to make a quick and dirty fix if I needed to), and 2) you may not want your town turning supernatural but I think it's fun sometimes mkay

Okay so here's the deal: downloaded a custom world that comes with a built in population, no save file needed (probably important), here's the link. Had heard from a friend a whole six years ago that it wasn't turning anyone supernatural for her but never followed up, and I haven't spoken to her in years. The actual CAW builder hasn't been heard from in years as well, so out of luck there too. I played a few minimal test games this weekend: no CC, mods, or store content, and I used three EP combos...

1. WA, AMB, LN, GEN, Pets, Supernatural (to see if would spawn regular supernaturals like anywhere else)
2. WA, AMB, LN, GEN, Pets, Showtime (a "just vampires" test, especially as I had played in the world in mid-2012 pre-Supernatural/patch and got a lot of vampires)
3. WA, AMB, LN, GEN, Pets ONLY (what the world was built with, also a "just vampires" test)

There are a few versions of the world on the download page but I used the one without Supernatural/Seasons add-ons (especially because I don't feel like dealing with seasons now lol) though I have my doubts it would change much...

Now in the first test I did get one vampire and one werewolf but they were two sims who had newly immigrated to the world the day before, not any that came packaged with it.

Is there something special about sims packaged with a world? Like I know previously-played households are exempt from certain story progression shenanigans (or so the legend goes...) but I don't know the first thing about sims placed in CAW, especially when I wasn't the one to do it.
A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr