Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Casting Call: Rural, Small Town Dwellers

Howdy!

When I was 17, I completed a 50,000 word novel for NaNoWriMo. Being that I was a 17 year old it was very bad, but I'm still rather attached to the story and the characters, so I recently had the idea to recreate the story via The Sims and share it on Youtube via a story-driven Let's Play, following the main plot but also expanding more on other characters etc.

It's a story about a young man who goes to work as a farm hand on the farm he spend his childhood summers (yes, it was semi inspired by Harvest Moon) and falls in love with his old best friend, the farmer's son. Being that it's such a conservative little rural community, this causes some problems, but love, friendship etc ultimately conquer all, yadda yadda yadda. The original story takes place in a small Texas town, and while the Sims version takes place in Willow Creek and not Texas, that's still the kind of vibe I'm going for.

So I need small town, rural sims. Farmers, preachers, pageant queens, bar owners, etc. Since two of the main characters are teenagers and much of the story is centered around their high school life I particularly need a lot of teenagers, preferably with families.

Please tag 'em with #grrrlonfire (my gallery name) and maybe #meetyouthere also. I'll keep you all updated on when this is coming out so you can hopefully see your simmies on Youtube!

Thank you so much.

Comments

• LukasCreatesSimsLukasCreatesSims Posts: 75 Member
    Cool :)
  • TaratagoreTaratagore Posts: 15 Member
    Super !
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited September 2019
    I already have a couple households ready to go...

Household: Schlichter
    Members: Hoss Schlichter, Obadiah Schlichter
    Bio: Hoss Schlichter is the owner of Schlichter Farms. His wife Abigail died in childbirth to their only son Obadiah. Hoss hires teenageers to work the farm with him and Obadiah. Hoss is known to have a foul mood and be mean to kids, especially his son Obadiah. Hoss will also drink himself to sleep while being miserable and missing his beloved wife & cursing his son.

Speaking of Obadiah Schlichter, he is a very strong and very gentle young man. He also has the i.q. of 37 and is quite literally dumb muscle (think Lenny from Of Mice And Men or Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder). He doesn't understand many things like why isn't his mom there or why his dad or most of the town are mean to him.

Household: McNichols
    Members: Pastor Joseph McNichols, Agnes McNichols, Brittney McNichols, Lilith McNichols
    Bio: Pastor Joshua McNichols is the Pastor of the Church. As the Pastor he is a very influential man in the town. Many of his views which he affirms are the church's views regarding may things in the world are that of a conservative small town life and seem to lack the tolerance & acceptance that their deity supposedly preaches. While Pastor Joseph is a cheerful man, some claim that this is a facade and his judmental nature underneath makes him anything but pleasant. His daughter Lilith can attest to this.

Agnes McNichols is the wife of the pastor and arguably the town's biggest gossip. She has so many things to say about the people in the town and the citizens that live there. Like her husband, Agnes is very judgemental but unlike her husband she will not hide behing a fake cheerful demeanor. Also, she despises her daughter Lilith.

Brittney McNichols is their younger daughter born 7 minutes after her sister Lilith. Brittney is by all accounts their perfect daughter. She gets good grades, is liked by the teachers and her peers, and believes the same beliefs that her parents believe. In addition to her grades and church, Brittney also likes to participate in beauty pageants and she has a bond with her mother due to these pageants.

Lilith NcNichols is the older rebellious daughter. Though by far the smarter of the two daughters, Lilith is by no means getting as good of grades in school due to the teachers all despising her and wishing she was dead. She is also a social pariah in school with most of the other kids bullying her for being different. Unlike her parents & sister, Lilith is an atheist and will openly state this leaving much embarrassment and shame to Joseph for having a godless heathen for a daughter. As if being a non-believer isn't enough for Lilith to mortify her parents with, she also enjoys playing Dungeons & Dragons with the few other social pariahs that will hang out with her and listening to Heavy Metal music. Needless to say, Lilith is counting down the days until she is able to move out of the small town and into the big city where she wants to work in computer programming. That being said, Lilith knows what it's like to be spit on by many people and as a result is accepting of those that are considered different or are rejected or hated by the narrow minded people in the town.

Both Families can be found with the hashtags #grrrlonfire & #meetyouthere as well as the links above
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    edited September 2019
    Ooh I have a few nice lots you can use. I was playing around with trying to breed dogs like cattle once... It didn't work out, but I got some cool barns and a colonial Greek revival farmhouse and barn. They're both on the gallery.

On the Farm

Classic Breeding Barn

I'm actually doing a save with some farmers now and will be building more soon. Looking forward to the story!
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls