Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rags to Riches: BARBIE Edition!

Nicky2MNicky2M Posts: 28 Member
Hello everyone <3

I immediately become obsessed with @Lilylicious Barbie Challenge post. I first saw it on Buzzfeed Multiplayer with Kelsey and being as obsessed as I was with Barbie's as a kid I had to give it a shot. I read all the rules on Lily's post and wondered how I could make it a bit more challenging for myself (guess I'm a masochist when it comes to the Sims). Whenever I start a new save, if I'm not doing a challenge, I always seem to default to following the Rags to Riches challenge. So I thought, what the heck?! I'll just combine them!

I didn't create (nor do I claim to have created) either of the two challenges, but what I have done is add my own rules to combine both of these amazing challenges. I'm going to copy my additional rules to this post but if you want a copy of my original gdoc that I created during one of my streams feel free to follow this link.

Hope you enjoy the extra challenge! If you have questions or suggestions on how to improve or make it more challenging please let me know! <3

xoxo,
Nicky

Barbie Rags 2 Riches Official Rules

Introduction
I thought it would be fun to combine my two favorite challenges and add my own personal spin on them; Rags 2 Riches and the new Barbie Challenge!

Original Rags 2 Riches RULES
Original Barbie Challenge RULES

TL/DR
Barbie Challenge:
Max out ALL skills, careers, aspirations, collections. LITERALLY MAX out your sim FULLY.
Rags 2 Riches
Start off from ‘rags’ with ZERO simoleons and work your way up to being the ‘richest’ sim you can be.

Sim Barbie
You can make Barbie look however you want. Choose any Barbie style (there are hundreds to choose from) or download your fave from the gallery.

Requirement:
Traits: Barbie MUST have the perfectionist trait, and her other 2 traits may not be any skill gaining traits. It’s a good idea to give Barbie the ‘good’ trait as she’s Barbie and Barbie is good.
Choosing a Lot
You may choose any lot in any neighborhood to start out. Once you’ve chosen a neighborhood/world, you may not leave that world until you’ve removed your ‘off the grid’ lot trait.

Lot Requirements:
MUST have the ‘off the grid’ lot trait. (More later on how to remove this lot trait)

Set-up:
- Once you’ve chosen your desire lot, bulldoze the lot so there is nothing on there and make sure one of your lot traits is the required ‘off the grid’.
- You will then need to cheat your money down to ZERO! You can NOT start off with any money.
- Turn aging off.

Making Money
- Starting out you will need to travel off your lot (within your current world) and use your cell phone to pick up some odd jobs. Once you’ve made enough money to purchase any of the following three items*:
- Selvadoradian Craft Sales Table
- Come and Get it Street Store
- The Street Gallery
- You may then sell items you’ve collected/fished/created by having a yard sale!

Following Rags 2 Riches, you may not have a job until you’ve built a ‘house’ (1 bathroom, 1 bedroom, 1 living room, 1 full kitchen with the stove/fridge/sink). You will only be able to make money by having yard sales.

Once you’ve decided to embark on your career journey, you can only have 1 yardsale per week to sell items you’ve crafted. Your yard sale may only take place on a Saturday or Sunday between the hours of 6am and 2pm.

*If you don’t have any of the packs with these three items, you may sell your items during a flea market or you may sell up to 3 items per day using mailbox/gallery/build-buy mode.

Additional Requirements
1) To remove the ‘off the grid’ lot trait you must reach level 10 in the Handiness skill, have $10,000 simoleons saved in the bank, and then spend $5,000 simoleons (by using the money cheat to reduce your household by $5k).
2) When you’re able to have a job, you must complete all careers in the order they appear in the ‘find a job’ pop-up.
3) You may not change aspiration until you’ve completed it. You may complete aspirations in any order you choose
4)Must follow rules from Rags 2 Riches and Barbie Challenge (links in intro)
5) You may only buy 1 trait each time you’ve completed a full aspiration. Once all aspirations have been completed, you may buy as many remaining traits as you’d like.
6) You can't add a new member of the family (wiki link to Barbie's list of family and friends) until you've removed off the grid and have the funds to build a bedroom and bathroom for each member.

Completion
You have completed the challenge when EVERY aspect of your sim has been maxed out!