Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WE KNOW (I think) WHAT THE NEXT PACK IS !

1235...Next

Comments

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Well, that definitely looks like him admitting Uni is next... Can’t say I’m not happy, but is it legit? Won’t he get in trouble for this?

If it’s true, though... Yay!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    They did introduce most of the game's instruments in TS2 University, but it wasn't something you could make a full-time career of. I wonder if, through some miracle, they're able to come up with an EP with a fleshed out university system AND a band/musician career that can be integrated into GF. One can dream :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    It seems like it will be University. I hope it is more fleshed out than IL, that was so pretty but shallow. I appreciate there is a limit to what can be included, but it needs to have some depth. Like a few others, I hope it is a little more to the general education side, with universities as part of it. I would like to be able to make a magic school, but also be able to educate other sims, perhaps with night classes.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Well, university content is probably easier to do than farm content (especially if horses are to be there) and farm pack would make more sense in the spring.
    Plus, if they do farming pack, it'd need folk/country music.
    Guess I'll wait a bit longer.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Interesting... assuming it follows the same release window as last year, we should be expecting an announcement in just 4 weeks time!
    Has anyone noticed that poor quality potions look like red drinking cups? Could that be another hint?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    TheBoyXP wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Today thesimscommunity posted a very interesting article about an American rapper re-recording his song in Simlish. Back in August 2017 the same thing happend and 3 months later we got C&D. What do you think about that ? Will we get another pack (most likely EP) in Nov-Dec ? Link to the article: https://simscommunity.info/2019/08/30/artist-shares-a-simlish-song-session-for-an-unnanounced-the-sims-4-pack/

Answering your question: 'will we get another pack in Nov.-Dec?'
    I don't think you will see another pack (after ROM) until next year, possibly by March it has to be before April.

Why do you think they would skip the holiday sales? There’s big bucks to be made November/December.

Because do you really think if they release an EP for Nov. it wouldn't be competing with ROM? And do you think there would be a GP and or EP released soon after in Feb or March? (The end of the fiscal cycle is March). Wouldn't that just result in more subpar packs rushed out to get the holiday sales and rushed out to meet the deadline for this fiscal year? Surely, they would take more time wouldn't they? ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Hi everyone! Today thesimscommunity posted a very interesting article about an American rapper re-recording his song in Simlish. Back in August 2017 the same thing happend and 3 months later we got C&D. What do you think about that ? Will we get another pack (most likely EP) in Nov-Dec ? Link to the article: https://simscommunity.info/2019/08/30/artist-shares-a-simlish-song-session-for-an-unnanounced-the-sims-4-pack/

I don't think you will see another pack (after ROM) until next year, possibly by March it has to be before April.

Why do you think they would skip the holiday sales? There’s big bucks to be made November/December.

Because do you really think if they release an EP for Nov. it wouldn't be competing with ROM? And do you think there would be a GP and or EP released soon after in Feb or March? (The end of the fiscal cycle is March). Wouldn't that just result in more subpar packs rushed out to get the holiday sales and rushed out to meet the deadline for this fiscal year? Surely, they would take more time wouldn't they? ;)

I do. In 2017 and 2018 they also released an EP in November and a GP in February/March, so it’s absolutely possible they will do so again.

Also, an EP for $40 brings in a lot more money than a $20 GP for holiday sales, especially if they were to be much-requested theme.

And finally, no, I don’t believe in them taking more time. I feel like the schedules are set.

Finally, there’s been a tweet by Grant letting us know the year isn’t over yet, and there was that thing in the ROM livestream. So yes, I’m expecting another pack in time for the holidays and I guess it’ll be a ‘big’ theme.
  • FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    If University is next I really want it to be better than Island Living. That pack really just gave us bland mermaids with an island map.. nothing noteworthy to be honest and I know I am not the only one that feels that way. Im stoked though to see if it is University and what it will bring and mean for Teen sims/young adults. Exciting stuff!
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I hope they make some big improvements to university over TS3. A TS2-style dorm and apartment system would be amazing, and I’d be willing to purchase it day 1, full price, if they manage to do that. Gameplay and building were so much fun with the way TS2 did them.

I also hope there will be perks throughout our Sim’s life from having a degree other than increased pay wage.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member

I do. In 2017 and 2018 they also released an EP in November and a GP in February/March, so it’s absolutely possible they will do so again.

Also, an EP for $40 brings in a lot more money than a $20 GP for holiday sales, especially if they were to be much-requested theme.

And finally, no, I don’t believe in them taking more time. I feel like the schedules are set.

Finally, there’s been a tweet by Grant letting us know the year isn’t over yet, and there was that thing in the ROM livestream. So yes, I’m expecting another pack in time for the holidays and I guess it’ll be a ‘big’ theme.

Agreed! Plus a GP is different than an EP so no competition really.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Well, that definitely looks like him admitting Uni is next... Can’t say I’m not happy, but is it legit? Won’t he get in trouble for this?

He'll probably have to delete the tweet. But it's too late to reverse it, we know now. :)
    edited September 2019
    Holiday wrote: »
    Interesting... assuming it follows the same release window as last year, we should be expecting an announcement in just 4 weeks time!

I always guessed that Uni would come in December. It just seems a bit soon to release it when we just got a gamepack. But you might be right and it gets announced sooner. Now I'm thinking maybe an October announcement. I definitely wouldn't be mad, lol.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Has anyone noticed that poor quality potions look like red drinking cups? Could that be another hint?

Poorly made bar drinks do this too and have since launch I believe
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    It seems like it will be University. I hope it is more fleshed out than IL, that was so pretty but shallow. I appreciate there is a limit to what can be included, but it needs to have some depth. Like a few others, I hope it is a little more to the general education side, with universities as part of it. I would like to be able to make a magic school, but also be able to educate other sims, perhaps with night classes.

i really need that expasion pack be more depth and bring more gameplay for others ages in especially in teenagers who have nothing special and are almost the same as young adults. In addition I expect a new system that has a replay value like get togheter and seasons.
    IceyJ wrote: »

I always guessed that Uni would come in December. It just seems a bit soon to release it when we just got a gamepack. But you might be right and it gets announced sooner. Now I'm thinking maybe an October announcement. I definitely wouldn't be mad, lol.

I don't know why, but I feel universities come in November and we'll have a free package in December.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

Do you have an image? I though potions looked like the serums from Get to Work
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Dunno about low quality ones, but normal quality ones look like the ones in this picture left:
    UUtHR84.png

Saw the image on Reddit in thesims, not my own image.
    akaseven wrote: »
    LMcGE wrote: »

i really need that expasion pack be more depth and bring more gameplay for others ages in especially in teenagers who have nothing special and are almost the same as young adults. In addition I expect a new system that has a replay value like get togheter and seasons.
    IceyJ wrote: »

I don't know why, but I feel universities come in November and we'll have a free package in December.

Yep. If it's announced in October, it'll likely arrive in November. Then the free Christmas stuff the following month.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

If he was bombarded with a bunch of pack ideas in his responses, no, because that means people could go "Okay, it could be University, OR it could be Farming, OR it could be bands, Or..."

He hasn't taken it down yet, so I assume EA is okay with it...
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member

If it really is called "Discover University" then that rules out it being an all-ages education pack, so I will admit I'm already a little disappointed, lol.

If there IS a full progressive fleshed out band mechanic it will lessen some of that disappointment, though.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member

Oh I hope this is true! I'm tempted to leave my main save unplayed for a while now just in case I can send their teen to university. Though like others are saying, I can't imagine the next pack being anything other than university at this point. The hype is real.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    “Freestyle” interaction in The Sims 2 was stupid but at the same time unique. It could be a hint but let’s not hold our breaths. :#
    wB2Zykl.jpg