Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WE KNOW (I think) WHAT THE NEXT PACK IS !

TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
Hi everyone! Today thesimscommunity posted a very interesting article about an American rapper re-recording his song in Simlish. Back in August 2017 the same thing happend and 3 months later we got C&D. What do you think about that ? Will we get another pack (most likely EP) in Nov-Dec ? Link to the article: https://simscommunity.info/2019/08/30/artist-shares-a-simlish-song-session-for-an-unnanounced-the-sims-4-pack/

UPDATE: The American rapper (Beau Young Prince) pretty much "confirmed" that the next pack is University cause he just posted a tweet saying "You guys guessed it right". All of the comments below his original tweet (with the song) are "Sims 4 University ?" . So its basically "confirmed" ?
Post edited by TheBoyXP on

Comments

• Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I think it could be something related to universities, will we have band creation or something?
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    i think if the next exp is universities, rock and indie genre suit it better. idk what type of ep suits hiphop/rap
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Fits the mood for University yeah.

I had guessed november release for Realm of Magic because it's unlike EA to not have a fresh sims game to sell comes christmas, and I was surprised how early it was. If we get another pack for the end of the year that makes more sense.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited August 2019
    hmm I am thinking something to do with bands and rappers and such?
    OR could we finally get some urbz going? *looks at devs with sparkling eyes*
    I need my back alleys so bad :bawling: please give me

this would also sound very great in a car as my sims be showing off
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    > @happyopi said:
    > Fits the mood for University yeah.
    >
    > I had guessed november release for Realm of Magic because it's unlike EA to not have a fresh sims game to sell comes christmas, and I was surprised how early it was. If we get another pack for the end of the year that makes more sense.

maybe in the middle of november? if it is indeed universities to end the wonderful fiscal year they quoted from 2020 probably in january or february we have another gamepack which could be about farming.

Anyway I just hope that with this we actually have a replay value for the teens who are particularly the most underdog of the age group.

~~ copy of young adult lmao ~~
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2019
    At my Uni there are tons of wannabe rappers promoting their soundcloud tracks so I'm still positive it's University
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Sims 4: Band Together. Form bands, pick a music genre to specialize in, and perform in gigs. Or, launch your music career as a solo act.

I don't think that's what we're going to get, but a man can dream.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    TheBoyXP wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Today thesimscommunity posted a very interesting article about an American rapper re-recording his song in Simlish. Back in August 2017 the same thing happend and 3 months later we got C&D. What do you think about that ? Will we get another pack (most likely EP) in Nov-Dec ? Link to the article: https://simscommunity.info/2019/08/30/artist-shares-a-simlish-song-session-for-an-unnanounced-the-sims-4-pack/

Please don’t tell me it’s that Nas X kid
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Call me crazy but I'd have thought clicking on the link to check would be faster than quoting+replying.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited August 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »

its not, though it would be cool if he did collab with EA.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

its not, though it would be cool if he did collab with EA.

Somehow I’ve managed to avoid hearing that song and I’d like for that streak to continue lol
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    I do think this probably rules out Farming as the next EP. And probably also a Winter themed world. Neither really evoke rap.

It COULD be cars, though evidence suggests it's an EP and not a GP or SP. I don't think cars would get a whole EP.

Which, yeah, likely points to University. Rap is associated with youth and rebellion and ambition, all very University themes. It could either be part of a new rap station or a "college radio" station - our college radio ran the gamut in genre. And Beau Young Prince seems to not be a mega-star, but rather an up-and-comer, which makes him a good fit for the kind of music that gets played on college radio.

That is if it even is part of a new radio station. It could also be added to an existing radio station. They do that with new songs sometimes too. Regardless, of the much-requested packs, this points towards Uni more than anything else imo.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I don't think this is any indicator that bands will be in the next expansion pack. Also we have a hip hop station that came with Get Famous. It may be that it's just being added to one of the existing stations. In Realm Of Magic several new songs are being added to existing radio stations and it has been confirmed ROM won't have any new radio stations.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @12JEREMIA What do you think? :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Answering your question: 'will we get another pack in Nov.-Dec?'
    I don't think you will see another pack (after ROM) until next year, possibly by March it has to be before April.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I don't think this necessarily hints at what kind of pack is coming, but I do think this is probably the trailer music for the next launch.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    @12JEREMIA What do you think? :)
    I think it needs to be added to a hip hop station from Get Famous
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    I do think this probably rules out Farming as the next EP. And probably also a Winter themed world. Neither really evoke rap.

It COULD be cars, though evidence suggests it's an EP and not a GP or SP. I don't think cars would get a whole EP.

Which, yeah, likely points to University. Rap is associated with youth and rebellion and ambition, all very University themes. It could either be part of a new rap station or a "college radio" station - our college radio ran the gamut in genre. And Beau Young Prince seems to not be a mega-star, but rather an up-and-comer, which makes him a good fit for the kind of music that gets played on college radio.

That is if it even is part of a new radio station. It could also be added to an existing radio station. They do that with new songs sometimes too. Regardless, of the much-requested packs, this points towards Uni more than anything else imo.
    Actually we need a college rock for University, because college-themed expansion packs usually features a school-themed rock radio stations like college rock in The Sims 2: University and geek rock in The Sims 3: University Life. That's why college rock mainly good for the university expansion pack for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I don't think you will see another pack (after ROM) until next year, possibly by March it has to be before April.

Why do you think they would skip the holiday sales? There’s big bucks to be made November/December.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2019

I think the Next Expansion is likely to hit in November. EA and Maxis isnt going to give up that holiday season. That's holiday cash for EA. I expect the November Expansion will be announced in October.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Get Famous was released in November of 2018, while Cats and Dogs came out in November of 2017, City Living appeared October of 2016 and Get Together was released in early December, 2015. Based on the past expansion packs of this game, it is very reasonable to conclude that a new pack will be released in late October to early December of this year, and that it will probably be one that is in high demand.
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Honestly, I would be shocked if we didn't get a University pack by the end of this year.
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member

There have only been a couple of times in the games entire history that they’ve gone a whole quarter without a new pack. And there were usually reasons and announcements beforehand explaining they’d be taking a short break on new releases. Add that to

1. The voice editors they’ve hired (that can’t be working on RoM, given the timeline) when voice editing is a late-production job (who are due to finish their work, whatever it is, in October or so).
    2. This song being recorded (which, again, is almost certainly too recently recorded to be ready to add to RoM, so must be for something else)
    3. The holiday sale season

We are almost CERTAINLY getting an as-yet-unannounced pack before the end of the year. I would be completely stunned if we didn’t. Really at this point the only way it’s NOT going to happen is if something goes very very wrong very late in production and they have to quietly delay. But mark my words, as of now I’m sure all the gurus already have some Nov/Dec date circled on their calendar as the planned release date for some unknown dlc. The alternative explanations are all bizarre and unlikely.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Hopefully University or a "Showtime" EP (it was pretty terrible in Sims 3 but they can get it right this time + I would really love bands, singers, concerts and stuff). Those are the only packs that come to my mind when I think of rap.
  • Options
    i have a feeling it'd be something like university. with that being said, i need to change my display picture. LMAO
    y'all got bread?