March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help: Andrew Pose Player In-Game Animation List

GGSimmerGGGGSimmerGG Posts: 35 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
This category is my last hope before I think I end up breaking rules or guidelines.
I swear, I'm not trying to spam or sound like a broken record. There has got to be someone in one of these modding and cc discussions who can help or knows what to do.

I'm sorry...I'm desperate.

This is a copy and re-post from other discussions I started. I just really need some information. I wasn't sure if I had originally posted it in the correct categories under:

--The Sims 4 Modding & Custom Content > Gameplay Mods.
--The Sims 4 Modding & Custom Content > General Mods Discussion.
--The Sims 4 Modding & Custom Content > Tutorials and Tools for Mods & CC

I'm looking for the animation codes for the most recent packs: Island Living and StrangerVille.

Currently the list that is available online for in-game animations on Andrew's page on Sim4Studio is up until the Jungle Adventure and Get Famous packs. The post was made 12/06/2015 but the update for Get Famous was done 11/14/2018.

Does anyone know where I can find the codes if someone else has made a new or updated list?

If, not, can anyone give me info or teach me how to extract the animation codes myself?

I honestly have no idea what to do in order to get it. And it sounds like I'm asking for a lot of information. I probably am. I've never created cc or modded before so I don't know what programs I need. I just want to get the animation list. Realm of Magic is coming out soon too so if someone can at least teach me how to retrieve it, then I'd be able to make an updated list for anyone else in my position desperately trying to get the animation codes.

I know I sound dumb, but if I haven't made myself clear, this is what I mean when I say, animation codes: a_idle_suspicious_shiftyEyes_x
Are they even called animation codes? Animation scripts?

I appreciate any information and help on this matter.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• TURBODRIVERTURBODRIVER Posts: 68 Member

Are you looking for the list of animation names from the Island Living pack and StrangerVille pack?
    All you do is open the pack main package in Sims4Studio and list all of the Clip or Clip Header files.

Here you go.

Island Living: https://pastebin.com/z0efGask
    StrangerVille: https://pastebin.com/HWNguuUG
  • GGSimmerGGGGSimmerGG Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2019
    OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've never created my own mods before and I don't have the Sims 4 Studio (will download after this). I've been searching everywhere on how to edit files or find out how to extract them but nothing online could tell me how to do it. And you pretty much just simplified everything in less than 5 sentences. I really appreciate your kindness.
    Are you looking for the list of animation names from the Island Living pack and StrangerVille pack?
    All you do is open the pack main package in Sims4Studio and list all of the Clip or Clip Header files.

Here you go.

Island Living: https://pastebin.com/z0efGask
    StrangerVille: https://pastebin.com/HWNguuUG

Ok this is gonna sound really dumb after you were kind enough to answer my question. How do I even open up the main pack in S4S? I've never made mods before. And for now, I am trying to learn how to extract the animation names. I'm searching tutorials and they're all about creating cc and poses. But none are about extracting titles. Am I going into animation override? animation clip?
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @TURBODRIVER How did you copy just the names into a list? Game cruiser or opening the package, there's no efficient way to copy all at once.
  • TURBODRIVERTURBODRIVER Posts: 68 Member
    Without going into too much detail.

- Main pack files are located where your game is installed, typically named "ClientFullBuild0.package" per pack. You open these with Sims4Studio and browse the files list in the Warehouse tab (if not displayed by default).
    - On that list, you find Clip Headers (ideally) with sorting by type, so select them all and export them to a folder. Every file will export with the name of the clip in it thanks to Sims4Studio automatically displaying it.
    - Once you have all of the Clip Header files exported, specifically on Windows, you select them all and shift+right click to copy their paths.
    - After paths are copied, open a text editor that supports recording macros (like Notepad++ or Sublime Text) and paste the paths in. You make a macro that cleans up each line to only contain the name. Then you sort cleaned named and you're done. I don't want to go into explaining what macros are or how to use them, that's a whole another topic, so I would recommend reading the documentation of the given text editor.

Once you're comfortable with each step doing this is very fast.
    edited September 2019
    @TURBODRIVER Thank you so much for the explanation.
    Post edited by GGSimmerGG on
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Hello!

Sorry if I am necroing posts - this was the only thread I could find with a similar request. I would like to find the animation list for Discover University if that is possible.

Many thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top