Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speakers!

AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
Any audiophiles out there? I need a speaker for my MacBook. I want to eventually maybe have two for nice stereo sound. I went to the Apple Store to listen to the Ultimate Ears and the fancy schmancy HomePod which has a subwoofer. I didn't like any of those. They just sounded weird and muffled and boomy. Boominess alone is not going to cut it. What I want is to hear the music as well as possible, without having to resort to headphones. I want clarity, depth, separation and presence. I want it to sound like the big speakers on a nice home stereo system used to sound.

The Apple guy didn't play any of the Bose speakers for me because I said that I hated them. I don't know if Bose has improved lately, but I used to think that they made the music sound like it was turned inside out. The technology is different, and it was uncomfortable the way it hit my ear. The Apple guy suggested that I go to Best Buy and try some Marshall speakers, which I will do next.

I would like not to have to pay $500 if I can help it, but so far I didn't like the $300 speaker that I saw. I don't know, maybe wireless speakers are not going to cut it? Anybody have any ideas?