Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great Idea For ROM

So they announced we could have familiars that are also cat do and my mind went straight to Sabrina the teenage witch and Salem. I know everyone is gonna do Harry Potter but lets think of other famous duo. Is anyone else gonna do that duo.

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I just wish I could reproduce Rincewind the wizard (failed) and his travelling 'luggage' from Diskworld but I suppose that would be impossible. He'd have the paranoia trait from StrangerVille that would suit him though. He'd probably look a bit like Vlad! I'm not really into Harry Potter.
  • Options
    MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    Yes, I already have Sabrina and Salem in my game ready and waiting. They are currently in San Myshuno, (my game moved them there), but I might move them somewhere else.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Does no one think of this?

960x0.jpg?fit=scale
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    get your Maleficent and Diablo action on!
    tumblr_n595bz0Qqn1s2wio8o1_500.gif
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    @MasonGamer Malificent is a good idea! You'll have to make do with the crow though!

Ravens give me nightmares. A friend next door rescued one and it used to walk around our chairs in the garden pecking our legs. A huge frightening bird. We were very happy when the family moved. :# A rook came down my chimney a couple of weeks ago and that was frightening enough for me!
  • Options
    No one's seen Kiki's Delivery Service sigh...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    I've seen Kiki's Delivery Service barely remember the whole movie but I do remember that flying sequence.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Well, I've already planned on making Harry Dresden, Mouse, Mister and Bob and plopping them down in San Myshuno. (Mouse is a Tibetan Mastiff, Mister is a mixed breed domestic cat I've always pictured as having a strong Maine 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cat vibe, and Bob is a Romance Novel loving spirit of Intellect bound into a skull.) Not a duo, true, but only Bob - and maybe Mouse - really qualifies as a familiar.

Beyond that, I don't think I'll make any other media based Spellcasters. I generally prefer to make my own.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    get your Maleficent and Diablo action on!
    tumblr_n595bz0Qqn1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Great idea! I think I'd rather to the more recent version of Maleficent, but this would be fun too.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    @MasonGamer Malificent is a good idea! You'll have to make do with the crow though!

Ravens give me nightmares. A friend next door rescued one and it used to walk around our chairs in the garden pecking our legs. A huge frightening bird. We were very happy when the family moved. :# A rook came down my chimney a couple of weeks ago and that was frightening enough for me!

Malificent does sound like a great idea! Too bad there are no staffs. Guess I’ll make do with wands. Also, would Mal be a Caster or a Fairy? Well, no fairies yet, so the choice is clear 😂
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

Malificent does sound like a great idea! Too bad there are no staffs. Guess I’ll make do with wands. Also, would Mal be a Caster or a Fairy? Well, no fairies yet, so the choice is clear 😂

I know, Said Name Iconic duos and Maleficent and Diablo was the first to come to mind. and I knew there was a crow familiar and Diablo I know Maleficent isn't a Sorceress she is in fact a fairy. and sadly no staves and I don't think wands wouldn't cut it.

I could still do her without the staff and head dress and robes...
    Just a simple black ball gown Her facial features actually look a lot like one of my other sims.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    No one's seen Kiki's Delivery Service sigh...

I love Kiki's Delivery!! Best ever. I gotta make them! Oh and from that studio, I also love Cat Returns. Such a cute anime movie :3
  • Options
    scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    Personally I prefer to tell my own stories. I will do the whole min/max thing first. Once I mastered the expansion I have a plan of telling my own story of a teenage orphan girl abandoned, broke, and struggling just to survive learning of her magical heritage out of desperation. The character will be all mine and I can make the tell as tragic or as happy as I feel at the time. Her traits will be loves outdoors, bookworm, and Romantic. She will love books and long to be a great writer. At first she will be too poor to own a computer, or even a bookshelf (plan on dumping her on the empty lot in Glimmerbrook, placing a tent, a pee bush, the cheapest picnic table, a cheap grill, the outdoor shower, and a trash can and then deleting all her leftover cash.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am not that much into Harry Potter so I won’t be doing that.

I seldom recreate other characters but it is fun to see what others do. I like reading about other people being passionate about something. When I have decided on the magical-lore for my save I might recreate someone for it. Kiki would be lovely it it fits :)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The comment about traveling luggage reminded me of Storm Silverhand from various 'Forgotten Realms' books. Depending on the adventure she sometimes had following floating luggage. Very high level mage, essentially immortal, and lived on her farm with her ghost older sister. I don't remember her having a familiar, unless her sister counts.
  • Options
    The comment about traveling luggage reminded me of Storm Silverhand from various 'Forgotten Realms' books. Depending on the adventure she sometimes had following floating luggage. Very high level mage, essentially immortal, and lived on her farm with her ghost older sister. I don't remember her having a familiar, unless her sister counts.

Traveling luggage makes me think about Aggie Cromwell. That enchanted bag might as well be her familiar.
    Hmm, Maybe Debbie Reynolds should be on my Mages Council. I am looking for four more spell casters, she could be my Designated Witch.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Traveling luggage makes me think about Aggie Cromwell. That enchanted bag might as well be her familiar.
    Hmm, Maybe Debbie Reynolds should be on my Mages Council. I am looking for four more spell casters, she could be my Designated Witch.

Aaand he beats me to it.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I dont like to recreate real characters. Rather be original
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Granny Weatherwax and You.

I always loved the contrast of the crone feared old witch and the tiny white kitten.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    happyopi wrote: »
    Granny Weatherwax and You.

I always loved the contrast of the crone feared old witch and the tiny white kitten.

I'd add Nanny Ogg and Magrat! Together they make up the Witches of Lancre. (Diskworld)

"It has been explained in the books that three witches are required for a coven. Two witches get on each other's nerves; the third one can get them to make up, so they can all get on the nerves of everyone else. If a coven has more than three members, they all get on each other's nerves. (It is also mentioned that the true collective noun for a group of witches is not "coven", but "argument".) " (Pratchett. Wikipedia)! :D
  • Options
    e6763b_4c696b4b97204c32ae6452d75b27394b.webp

Harry Dresden anyone?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Nein danke. How about Merlin or Gandalf?
  • Options
    JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    Nein danke. How about Merlin or Gandalf?

Yes, Gandalf, please! I hope someone can mod a staff into the game (not sure if it’s possible though, since new animations would be needed).
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited September 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »
    e6763b_4c696b4b97204c32ae6452d75b27394b.webp

Harry Dresden anyone?

Sure thing! Give him that skull familiar and off the grid living since electronics break around him!
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    So good to see Harry Dresden fans here! I have him ready from a previous legacy I was playing, perfect!!!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1