Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

whos your sim for realm of magic

Comments

• DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Thank you so much @Kamio ! He wasn't on the gallery, but I've uploaded him now. My username is Gnoviere :)

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    I haven't quite figured out what the story will be, but I know my first spellcaster will be called Hedwig and she'll have an owl called Harry.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I was planning to test RoM with my avatar witch ( <- ) but actually, I have these guys I created years ago and never played with, and the bloodline trait sounds of interest to them so they might get a spin to test that. 10 points to whoever can guess who they are.
    CA5DiEYl.pngZx3nVdql.png1tlgSHbl.pngqMflzh5l.png8e20865l.pngQjxiGgSl.png
    And of course
    vFzJWZnl.png

(I know one doesn't really belong but I like him a lot better than his older brother)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I make my sims for an upcoming pack AFTER I get the pack, so I'm not sure what my sim's backstory is going to be or what she is going to look like yet.

Same here - I almost always wait for the pack to be installed and checked out before I make my main Sim to start out in that pack. It also comes in handy to give them new content in the pack and picking their wardrobe if the pack is installed before I make them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I was planning to test RoM with my avatar witch ( <- ) but actually, I have these guys I created years ago and never played with, and the bloodline trait sounds of interest to them so they might get a spin to test that. 10 points to whoever can guess who they are.

They look rad! Tempted to make them myself (or at least make the trio)!

ryttu3k wrote: »
    They look rad! Tempted to make them myself (or at least make the trio)!
    Post them if you do ! I'd love to see them.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have vampire legacy now with some very traditional/old worldly vampires in it

so I am thinking of story where the heir is rebellious and dislikes being vampire
    so they seek help from a spellcaster and cure themselves of vampirism
    which obviously angers the elders of the legacy that think of vampires as superior state

then the now human heir runs away from home (forgotten hollow) to glimmerbrook
    and while at it meets a spellcaster and falls in love with them
    and becomes a spellcaster as well

undecided yet if its a ''happily ever after'' or a ''accident child and break up'' continue of story but yeah
    that is how I plan to get started with magic
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Here are the first few! The Potters and Sirius and Remus (I ended up using the same hair for Sirius). All lookbooks are here! I did make James and Lily adults, then decided they probably did fit better as young adults (if Harry is about eight here, they'd only be 28!), made Sirius and Remus YA from the outset.

So far, the plan is to make the Weasleys (minus Bill, due to lack of space - I'll make him separately and use MCCC to re-add him to the family - will have Ginny and Ron as kids, the twins and Percy as teens, Charlie as a young adult, and Molly and Arthur as adults), Hermione and her parents, Luna and Xenophilius, Neville and his Gran (he'll only be a child, but when he hits his teenage years, he's definitely getting that adorkable frog familiar!), and the Malfoys.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited September 2019

Here are the first few! The Potters and Sirius and Remus (I ended up using the same hair for Sirius). All lookbooks are here! I did make James and Lily adults, then decided they probably did fit better as young adults (if Harry is about eight here, they'd only be 28!), made Sirius and Remus YA from the outset.

So far, the plan is to make the Weasleys (minus Bill, due to lack of space - I'll make him separately and use MCCC to re-add him to the family - will have Ginny and Ron as kids, the twins and Percy as teens, Charlie as a young adult, and Molly and Arthur as adults), Hermione and her parents, Luna and Xenophilius, Neville and his Gran (he'll only be a child, but when he hits his teenage years, he's definitely getting that adorkable frog familiar!), and the Malfoys.

I had to take a look at those sims and to my big surprise Sirius has the same haircut as the Sirius in my game. I guess that means it really suits him. The rest of them look nice too, but different from the versions I created.
    Already ? Awesome ! I love the very gryffindor color scheme you have going.
    No Peter ? I understand why but I kinda like Peter.
    Re: ages, I'll never forgive the movies for aging them so much when the tragedy of young adults barely out of school living fast because they knew they could die anytime (and did) was much more poignant.

Good luck on your many sims planned !

Bonus pic of teen Harry because he's cute.
    JNjPia1l.png
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    edited September 2019
    Main one is gonna be Eli:

5dd42r1.png

Backstory starts with his mom (perfectionist, loner, creative), she's a witch but she's never been all THAT interested in magic, mostly focusing on the practical stuff. Where she shines is painting and she takes this extremely seriously, focusing only on classic and realism paintings leaving the 'gauche' styles to others. She spent most of her life carving a respectable niche for herself in the art world, being one of those rigid, immovable people, a little corner of the art world eventually bent to her will rather than her succumbing to what she deems trends.

Eventually though at an exhibition she meets a vampire who sweeps her off her feet completely. She unspools with him, discovering aspects of herself she didn't know she had and which excite and frighten her in equal measure. But eventually the vampire loses interest, she is discarded like a wornout toy. But she can't accept this both because she's never had something like she's had with the vampire (and she's early/mid forties by this time) and because she's pregnant, with his twins.

So she confronts him and he's befuddled and dismissive, he says he will of course support his children financially but has no plans to be involved with their lives since he's seen enough children grow old and die and secondly, he's confused as to why she's still so hung up on him. They were just having fun you see. He used his vampiric allure to loosen her up a bit and have a good time, but he's stopped now and she should move on. But the thing is, regardless of how her love for him started she finds herself well and truly in love with him and this revelation (as you'd imagine) just wrecks her. Not only is her reputation in tatters because of his 'fun,' not only is she pregnant with his twins in her early/mid forties, not only is she going to have to raise them alone but the one time she felt this transformational, paradigm shifting love that seems so real turns out to be this twisted lie.

So she kills him, right there. Burns him to a crisp. Her children don't know it because she never speaks of him (that whole period of her life has taken on a broken mirror like aspects, parts erased, parts too sharp to handle) but their mother's flaming skull familiar is all that remains of their father.

That's where my game is gonna start, adult mother raising two toddlers rebuilding her reputation and career in the art world. Now she's not evil or actively malicious, she loves her kids but it's complicated. Both her twins resemble their father physically and while she recognizes parts of herself in them they're warped, like she was under their father's influence. Eli (creative, gloomy, eccentric) is an artistic prodigy and a wildly ambitious mage but he's fragile and self-destructive, aspects of herself she absolutely refuses to acknowledge are so visibly manifested in her son. Her daughter (perfectionist, non-committal, genius) is, firstly, a vampire but also brilliant, insouciant and irreverent she picks up skillsets/jobs/relationships as her curiosity dictates, masters them and then discards them which obviously reminds her mother uncomfortably of their father.

That was probably a more involved answer then you were looking for OP but. I'm lowkey dreading having to redo my sims in CAS to get them in the lifestates I need them to be because I'm really not that good at it, I really like the way they look and I'm afraid I won't be able to replicate them appropriately. I tried redoing the mom and she wound up completely different. Not necessarily bad different though so meh.
    &PHgr;
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    This couple, definitely.

91TrIUe.jpg

They were already dabbling with magic in Sims Freeplay, where I originally made them, so obviously I'm gonna be moving these girls to Glimmerbrook and have them discover magic in this much better game. They will get to be magical again. I can't wait.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member

I will probably make this sim into a witch who comes from a magical bloodline family. She currently lives with her twin sister and I plan for one to be open with magic and the other to try to hide her abilities from everyone.
    4jua275.png
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    214?cb=20190821085857

Newt Scamander :P
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited September 2019
    His name in my game is going to be Nate Salamander, in honor of your obsession. :p
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Derella wrote: »
    His name in my game is going to be Nate Salamander, in honor of your obsession. :p

I can't help but obsess lol
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    edited September 2019
    Well, I love playing with Marvel sims, so I'm going to be using the three heroes in the MCU that have magic ; Scarlet Witch, Loki, and Doctor Strange.
    U9xb7lY.png8qiDWUX.pngRjql3rt.png

A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    nice looking sims @CheetahAlyssa
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited September 2019
    Already ? Awesome ! I love the very gryffindor color scheme you have going.
    No Peter ? I understand why but I kinda like Peter.
    Re: ages, I'll never forgive the movies for aging them so much when the tragedy of young adults barely out of school living fast because they knew they could die anytime (and did) was much more poignant.

Good luck on your many sims planned!

Your Harry is very cute! And yeah, just... didn't want to include Peter. I abjectly do not like him. Agreed on the movie ageing, though, my suspicion is that they had already cast Alan Rickman and aged everyone up to match. Which absolutely takes away the impact of Lily and James basically dying as kids. (I'm 32. Everyone under 25 is a kid to me!) Like, the scene of Harry walking into the forest would have been a lot more powerful if he was seeing his parents barely older than he was, thinking that he was going to die in the war so young the same way they were...

Anyway. I'm going to stop listing my grievances with the movies or we'll be here all day! I've finally finished, all the lookbooks and stuff are here! Includes all the Gallery links. In order: the Potters, Grangers, Weasleys (and Bill on his own), Remus and Sirius, Longbottoms, Lovegoods, and Malfoys!
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Maybe I've played Makin' Magic too much but I love making Bella and Cassandra Goth witches.
    I also plan on recreating the Wizards of Waverly Place at one point to live in San Myshuno.
  • gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    Maybe I've played Makin' Magic too much but I love making Bella and Cassandra Goth witches.
    I also plan on recreating the Wizards of Waverly Place at one point to live in San Myshuno.

yes wizards of waverly placeee
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited September 2019
    I plan to make Victoria, my avatar sim into a spellcaster. She is the daughter of a powerful Master Vampire, Tristan Bellefleur though she isn't a vamp, she remains close to both mother and father. Both parents divorced, Tristan marrying Lilith and having 3 more children. Her mother married Jesse Brooks, a mad scientist who loves archeology, so both daughters are versed in ancient history. Victoria lives in FH to be near her father and siblings, and her sister Jessica lives with her as she is smitten with Caleb Vatore's son, Eli.

But it will be Victoria who will move to Glimmerbrook to live and become a spellcaster. She has maxed her gardening and herbalism skills so she's in position to be my spellcaster. If she can find the right sim to settle down with, she will give birth to the next generation of supernaturals. o:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I've been in a constant state of changing my storyline, but I got the main details down. I have several sims taking part in it, with a core trio I'll use. But I really like two members of the trio the most.
    s5NTbuF.png
    The lead is Scarlett Parker. Middle child of three, living in Brindleton Bay and attending Newcrest Heights Academy. A great student and an excellent gamer, she has a knack for being observant to the smallest of details - unless her interests cloud her judgment. She runs away from home to compete n a competition her parents forbade her from entering, but gets lost and winds up in Glimmerbrook. She might not be a witch, but she gets entwined in the war of magic going on.

Her little brother died two years ago. (Which was my fault, I accidentally let him burn in a fire just before his birthday party.) If there's any necromancy magic, she'll become a witch specifically to try and revive him. Otherwise, she'll probably be a normal girl who manages to fight against evil without any powers.

Currently has a full inventory for her excursions: tons of books, a tent, books, a lantern, books, a fold-out table, more books and video games. She was so hyped for her trip that she didn't plan properly, so no food or change of clothes. She was focused more on keeping herself entertained than taken care of. That clouded judgment rears its ugly head again. Hopefully this journey will temper her behavior and teach her to focus on the important things in life.

ScXbs6M.png
    Rowan Spellman was an orphan I made long before RoM was announced, but boy did he have the right name. He's an orphan from Newcrest, along with being a minor con artist and swindler. He comes to Glimmerbrook after following clues on his parentage, hoping to meet his family. He instead discovers his magical lineage.

As it'll turn out, his father is the main villain of the story. His mother opposed the man, so she used a love potion to seduce him and get pregnant, hoping to use the child as some sort of emotional pawn against him. (At least she meant well, right?) The head sage (the villain's brother) hated her plan and the fact that she would potentially harm a child like this. She was stripped of her powers and exiled, in the hopes that she and the child would be kept far away from the magic world. Rowan is a pureblooded witch, but didn't inherit either of his parents' skills.

His mother's a psycho and his father's evil. His uncle doesn't want anything to do with him. Not exactly the type of family Rowan wanted. And coupled with his natural criminal tendencies, the fear that he might be "predestined" to be evil terrifies him, but also motivates him to fight against his father.

Lj5Xnsf.png
    Here's Rowan's pet cat, Cat. He'll be Rowan's familiar.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I created Diana Bishop in Sims 3 to be one of my witch sims. I'll probably make a Sims 4 version of her too. I'm also thinking of making an Owens family; Aunt Frances, Aunt Jet, Sally & Gillian.