Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phone calls and texts

There are way too many phone calls and texts, but they're also boring and predictable. What would be fun is if you got different types of feedback. Like say you get a new partner, and an ex or friend of an ex calls you to tell you to be careful because they were awful to them or that they're abusive (if they have the hotheaded or evil trait). Or with a friendship call, someone would tell you to be careful because they tend to steal (if the person has the klepto trait) or be false friends (with the evil trait).

Phone calls to say, "Oh, you have a new friend! They're cool!" are pointless. Who does that in life? But if someone is bad news, that could be interesting.

Either that, or stop with all the phone calls and texts. No one does that.

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    "I heard you became friends with..' phone calls, please can they just be deleted from the game? I don't need 3 people my sim spoke to once calling to note my sim just became friends with her own baby. Pointless and annoying rubbish.

And can we please have the phone completely disabled Off the grid? Or an option to. Oh and for silence phone to actually silence ALL calls. You hit on a huge gripe of mine xD
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I'd love the option to turn off phones. No calls, no gaming, etc.
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    Today my adult sims left the kids at home with a nanny to go to the romance festival. Next thing that happens is that the nanny (the kids get sent of to kindergarten as usual but I always hope the nanny will count as an adult staying with them) calls one of the adults asking if they want to go to the romance festival.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Phones also suck there aren't many various interactions for interesting and useful use. It's portray as the thing that Sims obsessed over, instead of providing a new phone interaction/application in every pack, that are used as a tool for organization/management. Like one could serve as mp3, other as schedule reminder (calender), *insert things you use smartphone for*
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Are those calls/texts part of some DLC? Because I've never seen them...
    Logically, Get together seems like the likely 'culprit'.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Are those calls/texts part of some DLC? Because I've never seen them...
    Logically, Get together seems like the likely 'culprit'.

Yes, the 'I heard you became friends with...' texts are from GT. One of the reasons I've never bought that pack.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    The random phone calls from The Sims 1 were legit awesome...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Well, when I think about it...
    Townie when I call him at 6:55 (AM): "I am sleeping."
    Also, random townie at 1:40 (AM): "Wanna go for a date?"
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 double standards...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.