Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Realm of Magic?

12346...Next

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yes

...I'm in one of the Game Changer's discord servers and she found it from the press released stuff. Yikes didn't know this was a sore subject

Press Release? Also that info was insisting Grace's name was Paisley why would they get one name wrong but other two right? Sorry to sound snappy just hearing the official name of a premade and everyone going on about names are bugging me that misinformation being spread. His name might be Cade sure but everytime I've seen that they mentioned Grace name as something else. So I can't accept Cade as his name as it doesn't seem rational to me...

Which is why I like it less the more I find out about it. This is cheap fakery, naff. Not at all what one coming from a traditional perspective expects. Good for 12 year olds, I suppose, but not for those wanting the real deal, not parlour tricks. As for the vibe, Cinebar has hit it dead on.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No, but I will probably watch the stream about it. So far, It doesn't seem to offer the type of magic pack I was waiting on. If spells etc. are all about emotions I think I would give this a pass since I can already manipulate emotions in so many other ways already in game. I wanted Sims to be able to live in that area with all the buildings, but it's my understanding that's not the area we can put our Sims. Bummer. If the countryside is where we put Sims not thrilled about that, either, as it reminds me too much of OR recycled. Pink trees, again, no thanks, waiting on a tool to remove those from game one day. WC trees don't really fit in my opinion. No new trees that I see, same landscape as OR, with some WC trees thrown into the mix. I love trees and was hoping to see a more magicial realm and darker world. Walking through areas of darker, spooky trees that might look like they reach out and grab your Sim, lol, because a witch had cast a spell in a deep, dark forest. I don't get that vibe from the landscape and looks more like a camping trip park.

This is based off pop culture fantasy not realism it's supposed to be crazy magical fun not dark gritty fantasy realism?

Also why there is ya know Forgotten Hollow to live in if you want a dark gothic gloomy atmosphere.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Maybe
    I'll wait to watch the live stream on the sixth then wait a couple of days after the release to see what glitches came along for the ride. And see if my mods will need to be updated. Glimmerbrook and the build assets are really all I want from this pack. And now with the new stairs coming in the update on the 5th, well, just gotta wait and see what surprises are in store before I click on the 'buy now' button. I'm hoping the update has a few more bug fixes. I'm still dealing with a few from the June update so I am practicing some restraint seeing as that mess caused me more than a couple headaches. Then if the November expansion pack is university-based, I won't be buying any new packs for a while. I wouldn't be interested in Realm of Magic at all if not for the new world. Leave it to EA and the teams to hit me with something I can't resist. LOL
  • DeathCoil13DeathCoil13 Posts: 36 Member
    Yes
    I've always bought all of the packs since sims 1. Not gonna stop now. ;)
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I'm really looking forward to it.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    Yes
    I usually wait to buy packs when they're in a sale, but I'll be buying RoM on release day. I can't wait. Magic, yay!
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I'm not much of a supernatural player, but it's growing on me. Also, I never miss out on a Game Pack.
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Yes
    Coming from a person who's pretty hard to please, I actually have pretty high hopes for this pack.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Yes
    Not into witches/ warlocks, but I feel that it has enough things I do like. The world, the clothes, hopefully helpful potions, and new harvestables. I'm more into stuff and clothes than hair and build, but I have to say build stuff is one of the things y like about the pack.

Will find out tomorrow.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Maybe
    WolfNate wrote: »

...I'm in one of the Game Changer's discord servers and she found it from the press released stuff. Yikes didn't know this was a sore subject

Press Release? Also that info was insisting Grace's name was Paisley why would they get one name wrong but other two right? Sorry to sound snappy just hearing the official name of a premade and everyone going on about names are bugging me that misinformation being spread. His name might be Cade sure but everytime I've seen that they mentioned Grace name as something else. So I can't accept Cade as his name as it doesn't seem rational to me...

Which is why I like it less the more I find out about it. This is cheap fakery, naff. Not at all what one coming from a traditional perspective expects. Good for 12 year olds, I suppose, but not for those wanting the real deal, not parlour tricks. As for the vibe, Cinebar has hit it dead on.
    No, but I will probably watch the stream about it. So far, It doesn't seem to offer the type of magic pack I was waiting on. If spells etc. are all about emotions I think I would give this a pass since I can already manipulate emotions in so many other ways already in game. I wanted Sims to be able to live in that area with all the buildings, but it's my understanding that's not the area we can put our Sims. Bummer. If the countryside is where we put Sims not thrilled about that, either, as it reminds me too much of OR recycled. Pink trees, again, no thanks, waiting on a tool to remove those from game one day. WC trees don't really fit in my opinion. No new trees that I see, same landscape as OR, with some WC trees thrown into the mix. I love trees and was hoping to see a more magicial realm and darker world. Walking through areas of darker, spooky trees that might look like they reach out and grab your Sim, lol, because a witch had cast a spell in a deep, dark forest. I don't get that vibe from the landscape and looks more like a camping trip park.

This is based off pop culture fantasy not realism it's supposed to be crazy magical fun not dark gritty fantasy realism?

Also why there is ya know Forgotten Hollow to live in if you want a dark gothic gloomy atmosphere.

The problem with that approach is that people, devs and players alike, are going to miss the fact that magic (like applied science) is a means for bending the material reality (inluding people) to conform to the practicioner's will. The only difference is the means, science tending to harness natural forces and split atoms, while magic seeks to tap into the supernatural realm (a very real and powerful one, btw). To treat the subject as 'crazy magical fun' can set people up for getting into something they are not prepared for in the world beyond the game. Hence my stance on presenting it realisticaly. While EA may be well-intentioned, I don't want folks getting hurt. If I ever get the pack it will be on steep discount and for the bb/CAS, not the rest of it.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yes
    The problem with that approach is that people, devs and players alike, are going to miss the fact that magic (like applied science) is a means for bending the material reality (inluding people) to conform to the practicioner's will. The only difference is the means, science tending to harness natural forces and split atoms, while magic seeks to tap into the supernatural realm (a very real and powerful one, btw). To treat the subject as 'crazy magical fun' can set people up for getting into something they are not prepared for in the world beyond the game. Hence my stance on presenting it realisticaly. While EA may be well-intentioned, I don't want folks getting hurt. If I ever get the pack it will be on steep discount and for the bb/CAS, not the rest of it.

I seriously doubt any 13 year old who buys this is going to perform any pagan rituals based off an expansion pack emulating harry potter...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • deaallendeaallen Posts: 16 Member
    Yes
    absolutely
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely! After vampires, walrocks/wizards are my most favorite occult Sim in the Sims series and I always play with them in the Sims 2. And I didn't really like the way magic was introduced in The Sims 3, so I'm enthusiastically looking forward to what this pack will offer.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Maybe

I seriously doubt any 13 year old who buys this is going to perform any pagan rituals based off an expansion pack emulating harry potter...

In the interest of not going off topic I suggest you read my private note.

In terms of the topic, this version comes across as the most developped treatment of the subject. I know nothing of the 3 version, but definitely better than 2's.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes

Lighten up. It's a game. It's not a "ouija board" or anything.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    No
    I'm not buying anything more from TS4. My wallet is delighted plus I'll finally be able to invest money for games that deserve it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes

Lol exactly, wth 😂
  • RebeckaGabriellaRebeckaGabriella Posts: 23 Member
    Yes
    Last time I was close to being this excited was when Get Famous was announced
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Yes
    I'll be counting seconds on Tuesday, so yes, I'm buying it :lol:
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yes

If they haven't yet because of HP or anything else containing magic, then this pack certainly won't do it lol
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    No
    Nope, but will play it.