Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amusement Park

I apologize if this has been suggested before but adding the ability to create and run an amusement park or just have your sims visit one. This could be a lot of fun with first-person POV mode. Unlike some other amusement park based games, there wouldn't be any rival parks unless you wanted there to be one (like separate Sim's households each having a park).

I would say add new food vendors, add the amusement park games that you see and a lot of premade rides (water-based ones as well). I'd love to turn a pool into a pool park by adding extra things to the pool to make it more fun. I remember one I went to had a pirate ship with working water cannons attached. Guests would wait for someone to come by and then get them. I was on the side of having water dumped on me, but it was fun. To clairify, the cannons were aimed at a walking path and not the actual pool.

While I doubt it would be added, what would be fun is the ability to make our own original rides, coasters, choosing what you want on the merry-go-round, etc and it would be fun to be able to play the park games as your sim. Functional lockers you see at some pools where you get that key that is on a bracelet with the chance of losing the key and the chance of finding one or taking one if you have a klepto sim.

Maybe add amusement park stuff with farming so you can have country fairs?

This would also be a chance to add more ways for sims to die. Maybe deaths at the amusement park could have Grim wearing something carnival-themed? It would be funny if sims panicked if the grim reaper got onto a roller coaster with them.

BabyBunBunOfDoom on Origin

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2019
    Amusement parks and roller coasters would be so awesome! Could be a new vacation world
    a256aFi.gif
  • ChermellaChermella Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes!!! I was about to post this same thing, I love all of your ideas! I like the idea of adding it to Farming pack too!
    I have been wanting an amusement park themed pack for quite some time now. I have been playing The Sims for years and have never seen a pack of any sort. I have seen simcoaster games and what not, but not combined with the actual The Sims game.

I think that there should be a amusement park with rides, stages /arenas for performances.

If this amusement park isn attached to Farming expansion pack, maybe this could be a world of it's own... A world that the Sims can just visit maybe on vacation.❤️ They can choose to visit the water rides 🚣, ride rollercoasters🎢, or kiddie rides🎠🎡. Also choose to go see a show at the arena 🎪☺️. Sims could get jobs that compliment the amusement park. And perform gigs🎙️🎸 in order to advance in their new careers. Kind of like "The Sims 3 Showtime"

Some jobs could be:
    Clowning 🤡🤹‍♂️: this sim can learn how to clown by doing different gigs such as a birthday parties, circus gigs in the arena, etc. and comedy and michief would be skills used to advance in this career.

Singer / Performer 🎤👩‍🎤: Just like in "The Sims 3 Showtime" this career can allow the Sims to perform at gigs as a singer. Singing and playing an instrument of course would be the skills. And maybe even have a recording booth like the "The Sims Superstar"

Acrobat 🤸👯: this career would focus on the athletic skill... And again can use the arena to perform gigs in order to advance in their careers.

It would be so nice to have something like this. 😊
  • deemiles1992deemiles1992 Posts: 4 New Member
    I agree to the below comment, it would be so much fun.

> @TSanders said:
    > I apologize if this has been suggested before but adding the ability to create and run an amusement park or just have your sims visit one. This could be a lot of fun with first-person POV mode. Unlike some other amusement park based games, there wouldn't be any rival parks unless you wanted there to be one (like separate Sim's households each having a park).
    >
    > I would say add new food vendors, add the amusement park games that you see and a lot of premade rides (water-based ones as well). I'd love to turn a pool into a pool park by adding extra things to the pool to make it more fun. I remember one I went to had a pirate ship with working water cannons attached. Guests would wait for someone to come by and then get them. I was on the side of having water dumped on me, but it was fun. To clairify, the cannons were aimed at a walking path and not the actual pool.
    >
    > While I doubt it would be added, what would be fun is the ability to make our own original rides, coasters, choosing what you want on the merry-go-round, etc and it would be fun to be able to play the park games as your sim. Functional lockers you see at some pools where you get that key that is on a bracelet with the chance of losing the key and the chance of finding one or taking one if you have a klepto sim.
    >
    > Maybe add amusement park stuff with farming so you can have country fairs?
    >
    > This would also be a chance to add more ways for sims to die. Maybe deaths at the amusement park could have Grim wearing something carnival-themed? It would be funny if sims panicked if the grim reaper got onto a roller coaster with them.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Wow I was thinking about this for a while now! This would be simtacular! I wonder if they could do something like this.... your ideas are great! :)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CandyBlingCandyBling Posts: 4 New Member
    I've wanted an amusement park pack for a while. It'd be great for families or just any regular sim. They could have rides, shows, parades, and souvenir stands like the festivals. Maybe special events for the holidays if you have seasons. EA should really explore this pack idea.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't see an amusement park pack ever happening. There are other games for that and it wouldn't solve any issues with our sims leading meaningless lives. This would just another thing to do with no meaning other than a buff. There is no meat on this bone. Plus, it would need to be on one lot as 98% of the lots would be too small and no one wants a loading screen between the rides.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't see an amusement park pack ever happening. There are other games for that and it wouldn't solve any issues with our sims leading meaningless lives. This would just another thing to do with no meaning other than a buff. There is no meat on this bone. Plus, it would need to be on one lot as 98% of the lots would be too small and no one wants a loading screen between the rides.

Even if they don't happen they could still put in Amusement Park rides and games prehaps make it a small amusement park. TS3 had 2 from the store so I don't see why we can't get one in TS4. They could use several lots around the world to make it a big amusement park.
  • ChermellaChermella Posts: 3 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Even if they don't happen they could still put in Amusement Park rides and games perhaps make it a small amusement park. TS3 had 2 from the store so I don't see why we can't get one in TS4. They could use several lots around the world to make it a big amusement park.

I agree! Just like there are swings, skate parks, and toddler play toys; there could be amusement park stuff items. This could be an easy game pack or stuff pack for TS4.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd much rather have fun stuff for swimming pools, like slides, water bars, water cannons, games like Marco Polo, etc.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I'd much rather have fun stuff for swimming pools, like slides, water bars, water cannons, games like Marco Polo, etc.

Those could come with a Hotels Gamepack. I want more for pools as well but I also want Themeparks. Maxis should do both.
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    edited November 2019

Probably these features should come with Island Living :(
    4kTG3iX.png