Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EDITORIAL // Cycle One - Assignment Two Entries Up! ~Assignment Three Up later tonight!

jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
Editorial_-_logo_-black.png

Welcome to the first cycle of Editorial! :)
Is CAS your favourite pass time in the sims? Or perhaps you can't start a game without giving every townie a much needed make over? Then this might be the competition for you! I've always wanted to do some sort of lookbook competition that brings the joys of fashion and styling without all the needed editing to really stand a chance in "fashion" competitions. In this quick 6 round competition, you will be applying/roleplaying as a stylist that will receive a couple emails each week, from townie clients for some special events in their life.

*This will be open to both Sims 4 & Sims 3. If you prefer to use Sims 3, please let me know ahead of time so I can assign a townie replacement in case they're newly added to the game. If they come with a certain game pack that you do not have, I will be adding all townies used to the gallery.

banner-info.png
✂ This is a lookbook competition and is based on styling, so editing is not required to do well. This competition will have 6 assignments and 5 challenges each season. That means there might be multiple eliminations if there are a lot of contestants. First elimination will begin in assignment 3. That way you will always have at least 3 assignments in each season.
Assignments will be based on certain events that you have been hired to style for. This will have to be placed on a background to match requirements and will be like a usual
Challenges will be based on a certain person or client that is hiring you for a special event. This can be submitted from CAS or on a solid background as it is only the styling needed.
✂ You will have SIX days to finish your assignments and challenges - always having a weekend to work on them. :)Extensions are given when asked.
✂ Though this will run through Discord and on here, you will NOT post your assignment until AFTER the deadline on any social media. This will make sure there is no copycatting and keep things a bit more original. All assignments will be DM'd to the host and will be posted for all to see while the judges deliberate.
✂ Results will include placement, scorecard and comments. You will always receive comments from the host and a few judges after each round to help guide you on your way to the top!

Top 3 winners will be honoured in the #hall-of-fame ♛★☆
As well as a special 'Winners' role in my server and Top 3 Banners.
banner-_Rules.png
Respect, respect, respect. Please leave all drama to your llamas!
❀ Please DO NOT critique peoples work, that's for the judges ;). Please feel free to praise and encourage one and other like most of you do.
❀ Absolutely NO use of human body parts (real life or illustration) in any of my competitions. For this competition you will not be able to add in clothing or accessories. We want this to be as in game as possible. <3
❀ Please do not DM me for questions about the competition, if you have one please use the questions channel if on Discord or right here in this thread so all people can see your question and my answers!
All sims games are invited to compete! Sims 2, 3, or 4!
❀ We welcome all style of competitiors! Maxis Match, Alpha, realism, cartoonish, etc - a good picture, is a good picture! :wink:
❀ And the MOST important rule.... HAVE FUN! <3
BeeSims-Discord.png
This will also be hosted on my Discord for anyone who is interested in joining. Link to Join Server <3https://discord.gg/nTbCWqa
❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
BeeSims-Discord.png
Post edited by jilliebee22 on

Comments

• jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited October 2019
    banner-_Application.png

You are applying as a Stylist! This may be your simself or perhaps one of your favourite sims!
    To enter, I need your sims Name and a basic headshot on a gradient background.
    See example below
    application.jpg

Please submit the application right in this thread! :) Only assignments must be DM'd

SUBMITTED
    discord
    Ada Linton @poutuke#0001
    Anastasia Atwood @Prism#8772
    Hazel Brook @Lyri#9754
    Jae Berridge @𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐬#9169

Nimue Blanc @chokercrave#8790
    Nova Starre @FrankiValerie🐙#1992
    Ronen "Ro" Gifford @soft kali#8594
    Tien @simseuphoria#9478

officials
    Angela @MyFavoritedesign
    Chi Lamon @xJojox
    Colette Swan @mkasml
    Dee Dee @aussiekarima
    Emily Thomas @Penguinwa101
    Hayley Parrish @kittymeow
    Iris Woodruff @Melusine377
    Kim Hastings @Jendowoz0612

Archive.png

Assignment/Challenge One - Forever In the Mall/They Said Yes - Promtastic! || Entries || Results || Challenge
    Assignment/Challenge Two -I'm B-Side Myself/DJ Starlight || Entries || Results || Challenge
    Assignment/Challenge Three - || Entries || Results || Challenge
    Assignment/Challenge Four || Entries || Results || Challenge
    Assignment/Challenge Five- || Entries || Results || Challenge
    Assignment Finale - || Entries || Results
    BeeSims-Discord.png
    edited September 2019
    banner-_Assignments.png

A2-IAmB-SideMyself.png

What a whirlwind of the first new week on the job! The fashion show went off without a hitch and Luna was sure the star of the show! She was so pleased she actually ended up paying you -- right on! You come into work Monday morning just the same as the first. Maybe even a little more confident? You finger gun at your coworkers and they roll their eyes in disgust. Erm, maybe a little too confident. You drop your hands to your side and make your way to the computer. You beam at the screen as you see the little notification bell on your email.

A2.png

A music video?? Are you dreaming?
    Suuure, it might just be from a local artist but a video means that it will be there forever! *gasp!* Awe, it even sounds like a love song, how cute! Better not mess this up!
    • ✉ You must give Miko Ojo a makeover!
    • ✉ Style her for a Pop Music Video
    • ✉ Background to mimic a Karaoke Bar
    • ✉ Crop can be 3/4 to Full

DUE DATE // September 25th 11:59pm 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    ▼▼ COUNTDOWN CLOCK ▼▼
    https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1449068/assignment-2-im-b-side-myself

C2-DJStarlight.png

Just as you put your new Hitz Earbuds that you got from Be Fit as a Fiddle Co in to listen to Miko's new hit your phone goes off. Who could it be now? Dj Joaquin... who?

A2_Challenge.png
    • Joaquin Le Chein is going to the Accolade
    • ♚ He's looking to Stand Out & Be "Snazzy"
    • ♚ He's thinking Bold Prints
    • MUST be wearing Sunglasses
    • ♚ Photo to be sent on a Simple background CAS screenshot is acceptable!

DUE DATE // September 25th 11:59pm 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    ▼▼ COUNTDOWN CLOCK ▼▼
    https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1449068/assignment-2-im-b-side-myself

You can find Joaquin Le Chein in The Bro House in Windenburg & Miko Ojo in Karaoke Legends in San Myshuno! -- If you do not have Get Together or City Living, please let me know and I will add them to my gallery for you to download!
    BeeSims-Discord.png
    edited October 2019
    banner-_Entries.png
    A2-IAmB-SideMyself.png

ADA LINTON
    Ada_Linton.png

ANASTASIA ATWOOD
    Anatasia_Atwood.png

NIMUE BLANC
    Nimue_Blanc.png

NOVA STARRE
    Nova_Starre.png

RO GIFFORD
    Ronen_Ro_Gifford.png

TIEN
    Tien.png

ANGELA
    Angela.jpg

CHI LAMON
    Chi_Lamon.png

COLETTE SWAN
    Colette_Swan.png

DEE DEE
    Dee_Dee.png

EMILY THOMAS
    Emily_Thomas.jpg

HAYLEY PARRISH
    Hayley_Parrish.png

IRIS WOODRUFF
    Iris_Woodruff.png

BeeSims-Discord.png
    edited September 2019
    banner-_Results.png
    A1-ForeverInTheMall.png

This morning was different and you could feel it. As soon as you sat your stuff down at your desk a girl walks up to you and says, "They're ready to see you know. You're not exactly who "they" are, but you get up and follow the girl down a long hallway with a closed-door at the end of it. She opens the door for you, gives you a quick smile and walks away before you have a chance to ask any questions. You hear a distorted voice coming from the room. You enter and sit down at the table. The room was empty except for a table, chair and a speaker box. How weird!

"Hello, hello! Welcome to your first Editor meeting! Here at Editorial, we have a high standard for our stylists. We have a reputation to keep you know!"

"We have 4 out of the 4 editors scores, so you will notice a change in the breakdown of scores totals. Set & Background this round is 20, Creativity this round is 20 Following the Brief for another 40, Quality for 40, and Styling for 40 -- giving you a grand total of 160 this round! "

"Let's see how you did, kid!"
    SPOILER_155_-_Nova.png
    Jillie - And we bow down to the Queen in green! Can I just say how much I love the angle of the shot? It make the viewer feel like they are there watching the show for themselves and I think that's brilliant! The stage is super cute and it was such a neat idea to add paintings as a back splash. Of course, Luna looks phenomenal and with that pose I think the girl knows it! Awesome job! Keep it up.

SPOILER_152_-_Tien.png
    Jillie - Oof! Luna is on fire! I really love the action shot you have going. Just like Nova's you have this lower angle which gives the illusion of being there. The slight blur of the background is also a great touch and this feels like a picture from an actual runway to me. The styling is super cute, even though I do see someone getting busted for dress code on this one! Awesome job, keep up the great work!

SPOILER_150.5_-_Kim.png
    Jillie - Woah, you held nothing back this round! Luna is looking fantastic and I am a huge fan or the different checkered print! Pairing it with the high heels was a great choice as well! The whole attire really has a nice mashup of comfort and style. I also love that you found an actual mall runway shot! Luna is for sure the center of attention! There was some small quality issues with it being a real life background but overall the shot is fantastic, well done!
    Congratulations to our Top 3!
    Now we have a THREE WAY TIE

SPOILER_149_-_Ro.png
    Jillie - This look is so perfect! I love that hair styling and colour you chose for Luna - it really suits her so well. I love the simplicity of the look with the dark stockings and skirt and the bright bold print on the hoodie is like the cherry on top. I am also very obsessed with this background. Is it a custom CAS because if it isn't you really should make it one because I want it. I personally am really liking this wide shot (which to be honest, is usually not my style) so I would probably recommend cropping it closer to your model to score higher in the set category. Great job!!

SPOILER_149_-_Iris.png
    Jillie - Wow, that is probably the coolest runway of the bunch! You mentioned on the "fun" of putting it together, but I want you to know that it paid off! I also love that you added in some people as well, I would have liked to see some more, but just getting those two to sit down was probably enough work! haha The outfit is great as well! I am a sucker for a black and orange combo. The space buns were also a great idea! Awesome, job!

SPOILER_149_-_Ada.png
    Jillie - Va va voom! Wow, if Luna isn't a popular kid, she is now! I love the unique mashup of styling. It looks very classy but has those fun elements with the sock and runner combo. I really love that you chose red to pop among the earthy tones, it looks great and goes really well with her skintone. The background you chose was great, very simple and i love the extra sparkles you added like light was reflecting off the backdrop.

SPOILER_148_-_Anastasia.png
    Jillie -Luna is repping it for the goth kids and I am in love! I love how you went very monochromatic with the whole image - having the styling and the background flow so fluidly. I really love the simplicity of it, as it keeps your model the main focus.. I also love the styling and I could totally see many kids adding this into their repertoire.

SPOILER_147_-_Chi.png
    Jillie - Everything about this picture just makes me instantly think of highschool - which would be nailing the assignment right on the head. The styling is definitely your classic bad girl/punk vibe and I am hear for it. I love the lightened up hair as well! The background looks like the decorating community made it and the little sign is perfect (though I would probably have took out her name since there would be multiple students in it). The pose matches the outfit as well. Great job!

SPOILER_145.5_-_Dee_Dee.png
    Jillie -Wow, your mall sure has that production value! The set is fabulous and I love that you went with very cool colours for the set to really make Luna stand out. I love the use of yellow I think it suits her very well. I do really like the outfit but for some reason it makes me think a little more adult then it does teen and to be honest I don't exactly know what it is. Love your image though, I think you did a fantastic job!

SPOILER_145_-_Emily.png
    Jillie - Luna is looking so stylish in this outfit! Honestly, I want this for myself! I can't say that it's overly edgy, I do wish there was a pop of colour to really give that wow factor, but I like it none of the less. I do like background as well, but it seems to be lacking something. I don't know if it's because it is the more "day time" version but seems kind of empty. I think if you added something on the walls or darkened up the sides of the image it would have felt more full. Overall, great job!

SPOILER_142_-_Angela.png
    Jillie -Wow, Luna looks so different with white hair - and I love it! The whole black and white combo is a win in my books! It still has that playfulness for a teen but it definitely has some interesting features, which I think the accessories really pulled it home. The only place I see for improvement would be the background. I would have like to see a little more to give the feel of it being a runway vs just a curtain up behind her. Maybe some extra lights or having her more at the end of a runway. Awesome job though!

SPOILER_140_-_Jae.png
    Jillie - Whew! Remind me not to get on Luna's bad side! She is totally rocking this new look and she looks like a rebel without a cause. I really love how you went with the classic red stripped pants to complete this punk rock look. The background is such a great idea with the added people and the cash register in behind. I just wish there was a tad bit more of the stage, or not having people walk directly in front (the guy on the right) if that's where it is. Overall great job!

SPOILER_139.5_-_Colette.png
    Jillie - Denim, on denim, on denim! I really love layers! It gives the outfit a very comfortable yet fashionable appeal. The plaid corset being just enough pop off colour, and I love the chill look we get with the accessory headset and blown back hair. I think the issue with the image overall would be the set. I like the actually set up but I feel the blue and yellow to feel a less desired. Plus, it kind of blends Luna right into versus making her stand out, in which you want. Overall great shot though!

SPOILER_136_-_Nimue.png
    Jillie - Oh my! When I said show stopper you really went there!! I think you really knocked it out of the park with the clothes - and I am in love with the hair colour and cut you chose! It's super edgy and unique, but I can still see teens wearing this which was the main point. The only thing I would recommend is upping your background either by cropping closer to the model or adding something to the set to give it a more interesting appeal. Great job though!

SPOILER_133_-_Hayley.png
    Jillie -
    Out of all the pictures, I do found yours to seem the most teen like in the sense of the word, but I feel like the outfit is missing that edge factor. While I like the outfit, it just feels a little on the safe side. You had already mentioned that you realised it wasn't exactly a collage for the assignment, so I won't touch on that. You'll score higher in the set department with that change!

"Wow, you did really well. You might have a bright future here, kid. Keep up the good work!"
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Hey :) When is this running? I don't want to overstretch myself and hold people up!
    kMRXphO.gif
    It's just launched! :)
    So you have plenty of time to enter if you'd like to. I haven't decided on a start date just yet as I am waiting to see how much interest.
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Cool, I love making over townies so please reserve me. But with 2 jobs and Sims and their Animals and Muse I don't want to agree to something I can't do! Once there is a start date I will give you a definite answer if that's ok?
    kMRXphO.gif
    Yes, of course! I shall put you down as reserved.
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    Ooooh this looks fun, I'd like to reserve a spot. It will be fun to give some of those unsightly townies a bit of style haha
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    YAAAAAS LOOK BOOKS AGAIN!!!! RESERVE ME! Ive missed editing!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ You can reserve me also!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited August 2019
    I would like to give this a go also, @jilliebee22
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Application: Angela
    QBFPjOY.jpg
    7HX1Vwg.png
    Ah yay! So glad to see so much interest!! I've updated the with all the reserves!

@MyFavoritedesign Ah! She looks gorgeous! I just loooove that pose! <3
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • mkasmlmkasml Posts: 69 Member
    This looks super fun! I love dressing up sims so much.
    Can you reserve a spot for me? thank you (:
  • MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thank you @jilliebee22! <3<3<3
    7HX1Vwg.png
    I sure can, mkasml! :)

You're welcome! <3
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited August 2019