Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More in depth animations: a patch to make lazy days in the sims more realistic

This idea is exactly what you think it is: simply more animations and object interactions.

My latest sim is a social media fame seeker, she spends lots of time in her bedroom or just around the house prepping for her next video, this sort of play style can be pretty boring if you’re not skill building or busy perfecting their content, and with new animations it could easily still be boring, however, as you know from my other posts, I love depth, I love realism and having all the options and random movements possible, this is about feedback in relation to the lack of interaction and animation options we have as a whole in game.

Yes, it’s not a vital do or die subject, however, it’s what EA and the team ask for on a daily basis, it’s feedback.

So here I am, offering the team my and hopefully your ideas for what could possibly be later patched content.

For a starter, let’s talk about chilling at home, when your sims sit or lay in bed, there’s no real sense of chill, you can’t lay and read a book or use the laptop whenever you want unless it’s on a real surface, there’s no breakfast in bed or hogging both sides because it’s a very strict animation setting, you stay in the boxes and do no more, which for certain players, is painful to watch and get to grips with because not all of our sims are in the go, not all of them are straight up right all the time waiting for commands and things to do, sometimes our sims want to laze around, maybe take up the whole sofa, or bed, slump in a chair or take all the blankets while they sleep.

Yes it’s a laughable request, more animations so our sims can look like they’re really doing nothing, but, it’s the sims, they’re meant to be a game version of us, so like us, why can’t they chill in a similar manner?

Obviously this thread will involve more types of animation, not just being a lazy good for nothing, but this is just my part, comment yours and give the sims team feedback, no matter how random or small the animation or interaction may be.

I’m gonna go finish dinner and see you all later. Dag dag

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I still don't get why we don't have a lay in bed sort of action since we have 'nap' where they can lay on the bed without getting under the covers. If they just tweak that animation we could have a relaxing type of action for beds, couches, chairs, etc.