Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you making your own Familiars in Cats and Dogs? Share!

LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
So I was going through my library and realized that I have all of these strange beings that I had made when experimenting with the Cats and Dogs EP after it came out, and now they will make great Familiars!

I'm so happy they're allowing us to connect our pets as our Sim Familiars! The Create-a-Pet has so many wild selections for making mystical creatures and I can't wait to see what people do with it! :)

So share your weird, magical, colorful, and even mundane critters. Let's see those Familiars! <3

I'll share my first under the spoiler tag and post more in the thread below.

So right after Cats and Dogs came out, there was a small contest by SimGuru Kimmi to make a magical being using the pack. That's when I invented the Widderkin, a creature that I originally intended to be from the Fae realm. I wanted it to have a connection to some of the folklore of cats. Here is the description:

"The Widderkin is a being of Fae origin and is a patron of felines. His chest burns with a mystical flame of life essence and his strange markings allow him to hide in flowerbeds. It is said that he can grant up to eight additional lives to any cat if he so wishes, turning three times counter clockwise and breathing magic into them. If a cat is seen turning circles before it sleeps, then it has been touched by a Widderkin. He will also wake the spirits of the dead to play with them."

So here is my first Widderkin. I use the raccoon voices for them to make them less catlike. I've since made them in other colors and variations, so I'll post those later.

I think I'm going to go through and give my creatures magical names and reupload them for the release. :)

iB1oKvl.jpg
#Team Occult

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    My 5th generation heir found Mayor Whiskers living as a ghost all by himself in a house in Willow Creek. He has been the family pet ever since - for 7 generations now! I think ghost Mayor Whiskers will make a very fitting familiar.

Oh my gosh Widderkin is adorable <3

I once made a cat up to look like a dragon in CAS. With my limited CAS skills it doesn’t look great but I might use him as a familiar some time since the dragon familiars which come with ROM don’t double up as pets, disappointingly.

My dragon cat (the poor little guy got such a hilariously bad paint job that I crack up whenever I look at him):
    jIG7jRe.png
    a4c8Kfh.png

See EA, this is why you should give us proper dragon pets! Look what abominations pleople (me) produce when you don't!

Are you kidding me? That dragon cat is frakking awesome!! I love him! Is he on the gallery?
    #Team Occult
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    My 5th generation heir found Mayor Whiskers living as a ghost all by himself in a house in Willow Creek. He has been the family pet ever since - for 7 generations now! I think ghost Mayor Whiskers will make a very fitting familiar.

I once made a cat up to look like a dragon in CAS. With my limited CAS skills it doesn’t look great but I might use him as a familiar some time since the dragon familiars which come with ROM don’t double up as pets, disappointingly.

My dragon cat (the poor little guy got such a hilariously bad paint job that I crack up whenever I look at him):
    jIG7jRe.png
    a4c8Kfh.png

See EA, this is why you should give us proper dragon pets! Look what abominations pleople (me) produce when you don't!

Are you kidding me? That dragon cat is frakking awesome!! I love him! Is he on the gallery?
    Haha thanks. I think it was definitely a good idea but not very well executed :D . I'm jealous of people like you who can create beautiful artistic masterpieces like Widderkin! My dragon cat is on the gallery here https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BD3823B1B68911E88F7BB573E4FD424D?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=thisisarealpainx&max=50&maxis=false

ETA: Hmm they’re called Sapphire so might actually be a girl dragon cat, rather than a boy. My memory is awful!

jIG7jRe.png
    a4c8Kfh.png

Haha thanks. I think it was definitely a good idea but not very well executed :D . I'm jealous of people like you who can create beautiful artistic masterpieces like Widderkin! My dragon cat is on the gallery here https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BD3823B1B68911E88F7BB573E4FD424D?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=thisisarealpainx&max=50&maxis=false

ETA: Hmm they’re called Sapphire so might actually be a girl dragon cat, rather than a boy. My memory is awful!

Thanks so much for sharing! It looks like a lot of work went into placing those scales. But such a great idea! <3
    #Team Occult
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    My first familiar, will look a lot like my gamer pic. 😁
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I haven't made them yet but I do plan on making a alchemist witch with a black cat .. yes I'm playing out a stereotype sue me :). I'm thinking about giving a fox to the wizard I have in the game since he lives in a remote area (Windenburg now... but I'll move him soon to Glimmerbrook) or one of the familiars that float like an owl or raven. I don't know if pet familiars work the same as the others but I understand the pets can go get things?
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I haven't made them yet but I do plan on making a alchemist witch with a black cat .. yes I'm playing out a stereotype sue me :). I'm thinking about giving a fox to the wizard I have in the game since he lives in a remote area (Windenburg now... but I'll move him soon to Glimmerbrook) or one of the familiars that float like an owl or raven. I don't know if pet familiars work the same as the others but I understand the pets can go get things?

I'm not sure yet what they can actually do, but I'm looking forward to finding out. It'll be interesting to see how being a Familiar changes a pet.
    #Team Occult
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

All we know is sparkles and can fetch ingredients
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    I’m not big on familiars, unless they add A Farming pack, and add Pigs, I would love a little pig familiar! But I might make my husky my familiar, the closest I can get to a (dire) wolf familiar.
    And maybe my tabby cat.

Oooh I would have loved to have a Grizzly Bear as a familiar too.

But there's nothing really magical about them in appearance, they looks like your average tabby cat and Husky dog.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I made a dog that looks like Nancy Landgraab. She can be George's familiar, so he can always remember her.
    mBZHXJE.png
    Bpmrz3Z.png

That's both horrifying and hilarious!
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Definitely! I'll make at least one standard looking black cat, but you're right, with C&D we could also be making a lot more unique animals! I'll try to play around with this a little before the pack comes out, brilliant idea :D
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Oh my gosh, these pets are adorable. I never get creative with my pets, but any of these would be perfect for a witch/spellcaster needing a familiar. Love them.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @LiELF wow the Widderkin is totally awesome. I've never even thought about making a mystical creature before. I'm gonna have to give it a go for this pack.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Depends on how pet familiars work, I will use this cat, Blue Orchid for Amethyst Huntington who is Cassandra Goth and J Hunnington's daughter.

48626450136_474cf54d08_h.jpg

48626455576_a14f00ab8d_h.jpg

Amethyst is still a child. But she will have the spellcasting gift like her great grandmother.
    48626453631_27bc4421cf_h.jpg
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I do plan on making a sim with two familiars, but not at the same time. they're going to try out one of the ones that comes, decide they don't like it, sell it, and use their dog.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Just made Scamander.

2Lk8UYV.png
    @BlkBarbiegal Blue Orchid is an awesome little poppet kitty! <3 I love that stiched pattern.

@Dianesims Look at that face! <3

Okay, I'm evolving from Crazy Cat Lady to Freaky Familiar Femme, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    trstendeumarmungmojzm.jpg

This dog was designed as a living voodoo doll to give my evil witch (not the kid in the picture) a creepy bodyguard / minion to fight her enemies. I've been playing with this family for a year now, always planning to turn the old lady into a witch once we get the magic pack, but I never imagined that we would be able to turn pre-existing pets into familiars. All the better! Now this canine voodoo doll whose name I'm probably not allowed to say on the forums will be even better suited for the role she was destined to play from the beginning.
    @LiELF thank you. And who are the sims in your avatar picture? Are they new sims for RoM? Also your familiars are very nice. I love the pinkish one and cat under it. Will you be putting them in the gallery?

@Gordy my husband was like what is that! when I was looking at your Nancy familiar. lolol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    LiELF thank you. And who are the sims in your avatar picture? Are they new sims for RoM? Also your familiars are very nice. I love the pinkish one and cat under it. Will you be putting them in the gallery?

Gordy my husband was like what is that! when I was looking at your Nancy familiar. lolol

@BlkBarbiegal Thank you! They've been on the Gallery, but I'm probably going to reupload soon anyway and maybe give them individual names. My avatar Sims are Voodoo Mambo Ayida, who will definitely be a Spellcaster, and Papa Legba (a Vampire), one of the spirit Loa she summons to make mischief and bargain with. I'm so excited to be able to properly play magically imbued characters!
    #Team Occult
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I love the widderkin cat that LiELF made. It reminds me of the Gremlins. I've only been able to make regular cats and robotic looking cats in my sims.
    edited August 2019
    LiELF thank you. And who are the sims in your avatar picture? Are they new sims for RoM? Also your familiars are very nice. I love the pinkish one and cat under it. Will you be putting them in the gallery?

Gordy my husband was like what is that! when I was looking at your Nancy familiar. lolol

@BlkBarbiegal Thank you! They've been on the Gallery, but I'm probably going to reupload soon anyway and maybe give them individual names. My avatar Sims are Voodoo Mambo Ayida, who will definitely be a Spellcaster, and Papa Legba (a Vampire), one of the spirit Loa she summons to make mischief and bargain with. I'm so excited to be able to properly play magically imbued characters!
    oh yes!

Awesome looking sims

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie