Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

omg i just discovered something new (to me)

others might know this but in the almost 10 years of playing sims 3 now i only just discovered this xDDD

when a sim dies you can challenge the grim reaper to play chess for their life

i had no idea!!!
ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited August 2019
    It's funny isn't it ! :) I used to like pleading for loved ones lives in TS2 as well.

My younger son was playing with his warlock once, and he died trying to use the philosopher's stone. His little cat familiar challenged the Grim Reaper to chess when he showed up - and the cat won. begged for his sims life, and won a reprieve.
    I'm not sure if that was a bug or whether that can actually happen. I don't have any mods related to that kind of thing, and I've never seen any other stories about that, so I assumed it was a glitch with the kitty.
    Post edited by Pary on
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Are there actually animations involving a chess set here or are the results of the game just reported on by way of a story? How does a kitty, no matter how smart they are, pick up and move chess pieces when they have no opposable thumbs? (duh, in their mouths I guess) :D

But everyone knows it's really hamsters and goldfish who have the intellect and attention spans required to play and beat a grim reaper at chess.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Ah okay, sorry, I just clarified with my kid after reading that, and he says the cat begged for his sims life, not played chess for it. I got that wrong sorry.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    McTosh wrote: »
    others might know this but in the almost 10 years of playing sims 3 now i only just discovered this xDDD

i had no idea!!!

OMG, I didn't know that! That's pretty neat!
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Ah okay, sorry, I just clarified with my kid after reading that, and he says the cat begged for his sims life, not played chess for it. I got that wrong sorry.

oh wow! i didnt know they could do that either!!
    StephSteb wrote: »
    McTosh wrote: »

i had no idea!!!

OMG, I didn't know that! That's pretty neat!

i know right! i love this game so much. even after 10 years there are still things im still discovering new to me xD
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D