Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life state

I really wish we could change human sims into occults in CAS, I have made two witches for when Realm of Magic comes out to realise I can't change them into witches unless I cheat. I wanted them to start off as witches. 😔

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    That would be nice.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    This is why I'm not planning for the new pack yet.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited August 2019
    I already made a Sim that will be a spellcaster because I wanted to skill her up. She will just transform in game, which I don't mind and I am curious to see how that will exactly work with this occult and what the transformation will look like.
    I wanted to add that I think it would be better if both was possible. This is one of the few things that are better about CAS in TS3.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    Have they said whether or not the spellcasting can be handed down genetically or not? As in once you become a spellcaster you are able to have spellcasting children. Or perhaps it will be able to be taught by the spell caster to their offspring before they reach young adulthood. Otherwise every sim has to go through the portal and learn from the beginning.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    meljones wrote: »
    Have they said whether or not the spellcasting can be handed down genetically or not? As in once you become a spellcaster you are able to have spellcasting children. Or perhaps it will be able to be taught by the spell caster to their offspring before they reach young adulthood. Otherwise every sim has to go through the portal and learn from the beginning.

Yup, there's going to be a Magical Bloodline special trait that's inherited by children. And from what the Gurus said so far, it seems like its strength increases with future generations. The Sims with the trait will still need to learn some things, I'm guessing, but they won't need to be turned into a Spellcaster, at least I think so.

It might be that they'll still need to be turned into spellcasters but the trail will boost their power (I'm waiting impatiently for the gameplay livestream to hopefully get more answers before we get the pack)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm kind of waiting too. I have sims in my game already that I want to become witches so I know I'll experience that gameplay at least 3 times or more... but any new ideas are on hold for now until I see exactly how it works. I'm so excited it's hard to play with the planning going on it my head though. Wish I knew the lot sizes and orientations at least... Arrggh!
    egTcBMc.png
  • meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    Thanks for the info, darrenfroggy. Now I'm more excited than ever.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    In the traditional work on magical themes I've read over the years magic is something that is learned, not born into. One does not need to drink some sort of potion to become a spell caster, either, but is apprenticed to an established mage and learns the same way any other trade or profession is. The only bearing heredity would have is in such things as intelligence, personality, emotional balance, &c. In rare cases, it's 'the family business', bringing into play the two strands alreay mentioned under one roof.