Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If Laundry Day SP is the best selling SP, why we don't have more community packs?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
Moschino is really good, i love it, but if they are going to release only 1 SP per year now, why not make them worth something more? Laundry Day is the most reasonable of them, and the best selling too. Let us participate in the next SPs!

(TBH i would love if there was community GP and community EP too, but haha...)

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I know, right? They should do a community Expansion or Game pack. We need more family-related things, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even enjoy it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    We should tbh.
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I mean it's not surprising, they asked what people wanted and people picked that. So they should bring back that community poll
    and maybe we could get that dangerous stuff theme
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited August 2019
    would be cool especially if they did gp as community pack it could be very interesting
    but at the same time i expect they'd just get flooded with ''why not university''
    no matter what they trying to release atm so maybe after that rolls out
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    would be cool especially if they did gp as community pack it could be very interesting
    but at the same time i expect they'd just get flooded with ''why not university''
    no matter what they trying to release atm so maybe after that rolls out

University is probably coming in the end of this year, if they were to do a community pack it would be for late 2020 or something like that.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2019
    It probably sells so well because it's the highest quality (whether you enjoy the theme or not, the quality of the pack definitely stands out from other SP's.) And it's the highest quality because they put more time, work, and money into it. Therefore, it doesn't necessarily mean it turned the best profit or gave the best work to profit ratio outcome.

But for me personally, I wouldn't want to see another community pack whatsoever. Who knows what would win the next time? Dishwashing? Lawn Mowing? Hard pass. At this point I think I'd prefer any nonsense the devs come up with over whatever the community might vote for.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Cupid wrote: »

But for me personally, I wouldn't want to see another community pack whatsoever. Who knows what would win the next time? Dishwashing? Lawn Mowing? Hard pass. At this point I think I'd prefer any nonsense the devs come up with over whatever the community might vote for.

This. I already know any idea I'd like would be shot down for some other chore.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    To me, the fact that it was successful translates to more people want chore-like content that affects their everyday gameplay. I know I would like more responsibilities to keep after; keeping our Sims happy, alive, and successful in The Sims 4 is super easy.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I only have base, expansion packs, gameplay packs & stuff packs.
    What's a Community Pack?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited August 2019
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I only have base, expansion packs, gameplay packs & stuff packs.
    What's a Community Pack?

Laundry Day was a community-picked Stuff Pack. Meaning the fans voted and chose laundry to become a stuff pack.
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    They definitely should be doing another one, I like when we get to contribute to what kind of product that is most suit to our taste and preference.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    ... I'm still waiting for the eco friendly pack I voted for.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member

I feel probably opposite would take place because people would go for
    "lets not make another chores pack"

i mean just looking at ideas flying around forums i see more fun than chores being asked though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'm on the fence about it, on one hand it was really good to see the devs working with the community but on the other hand, I wasn't overly fond of the theme that won.

For me, it would depend on the options/themes we get to vote on. If the choices we got were all new ideas that haven't been done in the Sims before, then I'd be all for it.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    It probably sells so well because it's the highest quality (whether you enjoy the theme or not, the quality of the pack definitely stands out from other SP's.) And it's the highest quality because they put more time, work, and money into it. Therefore, it doesn't necessarily mean it turned the best profit or gave the best work to profit ratio outcome.

@Cupid you forget that Laundry is only a thing because the producers picked that as an idea for Sims 3 Ambitions. I have been playing Sims since the first game and i have been on the forums as far as i can remember, before they added that to Sims 3 i had never seen someone asking for it. It is optional, if you want to use the objects you can, while avoiding laundry. I hate how many simmers are making the game turn into something so easy... i remember when i enjoyed playing The Sims for its details, how much i cared to wash dishes in fear of cockroaches or pay bills before the repo-man showed up... Those thigns not only add reality to the game, but difficulty. Sims 4 is the easiest and most boring of all SIms games, it lacks details, challenges and difficulties.

@SERVERFRA Its not another type of pack, its actually a Stuff Pack that we helped the producers through polls here on the internet. It was really fun. The outcome of it is what we know as Laundry Day SP;
    Movotti wrote: »
    ... I'm still waiting for the eco friendly pack I voted for.

@Movotti thats my problem with the "community pack" thing. I like Laundry Day SP, but it makes no sense that Laundry was included as an Eco-Friendly theme. Washins clothes with chemicals is not eco-friendly at all. It seems like they manipulated everything to get this theme.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2019

What other chores is the fandom asking and going crazy about? Laundry was the first and often the only one that's been demanded. Dishwashers could indeed be updated (design broken; why the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 does it have to turn on immediately and become "full"?) in a patch. There is certaintly is the demand for lawn mowing, but compare to laundry is seldom.

How should I bet on the fact the "SP vote" was the one thing and an illusion to build trust as if they're still listening? People who read a lot know had already a clue and could predict the voting result would be laundry anyway. If any of developers really care about feedback, there would be no need for such initiatives and would already decide to prioritize the theme that's most popular and demanded by the fandom. Why can't developers, past their workout, just once a day check out the feedback section of the forum, browse around and when at work, just talk about it over colleagues about the suggestions?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I was still stuck on the Sims 3 when they had the community poll for a Sims 4 stuff pack. I would love the opportunity to vote on a pack. And there's lots of new players since spring when the game was free. So more people who may want to vote as well...
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Karon wrote: »
    Cupid you forget that Laundry is only a thing because the producers picked that as an idea for Sims 3 Ambitions. I have been playing Sims since the first game and i have been on the forums as far as i can remember, before they added that to Sims 3 i had never seen someone asking for it.

I didn't forget about it, I just don't care about it. It's irrelevant to me. I didn't play TS3, and knowing the history of laundry in the sims doesn't really do anything to suddenly make me care for it. If anything, the fact that people are capable of ignoring fun, new ideas just for the sake of getting something familiar to them makes me even more apprehensive about the community voting on new packs.
    It is optional, if you want to use the objects you can, while avoiding laundry.

I don't have anything against the laundry system itself. I use it all the time. Like I said before, I think the pack was beautifully made for what it is. I just think it's unfortunate that it's about laundry.
    I hate how many simmers are making the game turn into something so easy... i remember when i enjoyed playing The Sims for its details, how much i cared to wash dishes in fear of cockroaches or pay bills before the repo-man showed up... Those thigns not only add reality to the game, but difficulty. Sims 4 is the easiest and most boring of all SIms games, it lacks details, challenges and difficulties.

Okay? I mean this is definitely tangential but go for it. I don't personally feel like laundry does anything to make the game harder or more difficult as the consequences for ignoring it aren't even all that bad compared to the positive moodlets you get for doing it.

The point of my post wasn't to bash anyone that wanted laundry. I'm happy that "the people" got what they so desperately wanted. This doesn't mean I have to be in favor of "the people" making more decisions as to what gets made, though.
    Post edited by Cupid on
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    I didn't forget about it, I just don't care about it. It's irrelevant to me. I didn't play TS3, and knowing the history of laundry in the sims doesn't really do anything to suddenly make me care for it. If anything, the fact that people are capable of ignoring fun, new ideas just for the sake of getting something familiar to them makes me even more apprehensive about the community voting on new packs.

Thats not what i meant. You said that we only got Laundry instead of something more interesting cuz we gave the devs the idea, but its not how it works. They had this idea during SIms 3, and they had the idea to include that in the Eco-Friendly themes (which makes no sense to me tbh). You know?! And, sorry, i didn't want to sound rude or anything... sometimes texting can cause that problem.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    That's a good question.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Thats not what i meant. You said that we only got Laundry instead of something more interesting cuz we gave the devs the idea,

I never said that. The devs are the ones who put Laundry on the table, pun intended. But to be honest, I don't think it's something we would have gotten if the community hadn't been involved.

Of course, that would have been a bad thing for the community since it was such a popular idea. But I'm only speaking for myself and out of my own interests when I say I hope they never do it again ;)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited August 2019
    Thats not what i meant. You said that we only got Laundry instead of something more interesting cuz we gave the devs the idea,

I never said that. The devs are the ones who put Laundry on the table, pun intended. But to be honest, I don't think it's something we would have gotten if the community hadn't been involved.

Of course, that would have been a bad thing for the community since it was such a popular idea. But I'm only speaking for myself and out of my own interests when I say I hope they never do it again ;)
    Yes, it's not something we would have gotten if it weren't for the community, but the vote pole? Nah, it didn't take a psychic to foresee the obvious result and know that the most wanted feature, because... well, people were screaming for it in the forums prior said PR engagement.

If that wasn't the case, the deceptive description could have put the results to team's bias advantage. Eco living is broad concept, and quite frankly, opposite (as certain players pointed) to despite the mention of laundry idea (eco living != laundry). Eco living description doesn't entirely match what Laundry SP entails and how it ended up (no solar panels, and the eco-living ideas was cut to a patch update as a lot trait), so that may have help the result devs wish to win in their own favor, oppose to how they're reluctant to bring on danger-theme GP for whatever reason like it's a petrifying devil or something.

It's a bit interesting, how an appliance (as strange the peacemeal sounds) objects basically got its own devoted pack, where half of the vote choices premise ("live an eco-friendly life") and vote choice for starter home SP, both that had much more clearer/realised theme going on, were basically executed and possibly left finished off with Off-Grid lot trait as free update. What is really up with Maxis prefering very specific things (bowling, laundry, tvs) to have their own pack, where it past interations Starter Home and Eco Living would had their own SP or two if not combined, or in a form of store premium content set(s). That's how TS4 SP are themed, unlike how they were in TS2/TS3. Whether it's a good thing or not, I think that would be for another discussion. Regarding the PR and everything in today's Maxis standards, I kind of doubt such level type engagement will be rekindle again. If it does, despite my skepticism, the pole may (hypothetically) consist of four vote choices that are blatantly inferior to Stairs Stuff Pack and that pack wins *shocker* :p
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options

Yes, it's not something we would have gotten if it weren't for the community, but the vote pole? Nah, it didn't take a psychic to foresee the obvious result and know that the most wanted feature, because... well, people were screaming for it in the forums prior said PR engagement.

If that wasn't the case, the deceptive description could have put the results to team's bias advantage. Eco living is broad concept, and quite frankly, opposite (as certain players pointed) to despite the mention of laundry idea (eco living != laundry). Eco living description doesn't entirely match what Laundry SP entails and how it ended up (no solar panels, and the eco-living ideas was cut to a patch update as a lot trait), so that may have help the result devs wish to win in their own favor, oppose to how they're reluctant to bring on danger-theme GP for whatever reason like it's a petrifying devil or something.

It's a bit interesting, how an appliance (as strange the peacemeal sounds) objects basically got its own devoted pack, where half of the vote choices premise ("live an eco-friendly life") and vote choice for starter home SP, both that had much more clearer/realised theme going on, were basically executed and possibly left finished off with Off-Grid lot trait as free update. What is really up with Maxis prefering very specific things (bowling, laundry, tvs) to have their own pack, where it past interations Starter Home and Eco Living would had their own SP or two if not combined, or in a form of store premium content set(s). That's how TS4 SP are themed, unlike how they were in TS2/TS3. Whether it's a good thing or not, I think that would be for another discussion. Regarding the PR and everything in today's Maxis standards, I kind of doubt such level type engagement will be rekindle again. If it does, despite my skepticism, the pole may (hypothetically) consist of four vote choices that are blatantly inferior to Stairs Stuff Pack and that pack wins *shocker* :p

@DragonCat159 I remember that in Sims 3 Store the most well sold ones were objects with new interactions and animations, since SIms 4 doesn't have a Store, i belive that they started implementing that pattern to them. To offer a new and unique objects and everything else surrounding it. Its lame... I don't remember seeing so much hate towards SPs in Sims 2/3. :(
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Before I would of said no please no but seeing as when the Sims team is left to create their own stuff pack themes they went with My First Pet and Moschino I'm all for another community created stuff pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Like some others on this thread, I'll have to say no to another "community pack." Last time, we got a freaking chore out of the deal. We'll always be stuck getting the least interesting content if they do these general polls. If we want any hope of getting an arcade themed pack or a pack full of "dangerous" old school playground equipment, or anything else interesting, we can't poll the general player base anymore. Otherwise, we'll get a floor care stuff pack instead...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.