Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If There Was No Household Size Limit...

If there was no household size limit, how many Sims would you play with? Do you like that there's a limit?

I appreciate having a limit because I know that without one, I'd end up with a crazy number of Sims. I usually play with a full household and hate having to move anyone out. I move in spouses, and if the spouses have families, I want to control them too, and keep them until death. I can't though, and I won't allow myself cheats and mods to move them all in. It's probably better that way!
4TJdLHA.png
Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    If there was no limit it would actually cause the game to stop playing, and everyone would stop moving. I tested this out with a couple of different mods from Sims 2 and Sims 3 and the results were the same. But I do wish that they would give us an option on the number of sims past 8 that we could play in the same household. Even past Sims games allowed more than 8 when you had pets. If memory serves me correct I the number was increased to 10. Only 8 humans max were still allowed though.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I would still play with 2.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I would play with as many as my computer could handle. :D I love playing large families and right now I use MCCC to let me play with more than 8 sims.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    probably 10, but rarely and that's including cats and dogs
  • Options
    gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    I get sick of just three Sims in a household if I'm trying to control them all. Any more than that, and those Sims have to take care of themselves.
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I would still usually play with 1-2 sim households. Now and then I play full households but it's for a challenge or something, or in rotation I'll play a family for a little while (not usually bigger than 4-5 sims).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    As many as my computer could handle haha
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I would like to play with a large family (lots of kids), or ‘royal’ families with lots of servants in addition to the family. Or even something like Downton Abbey where there are a lot of people with lots of storylines at once.

So no specific number, but probably a max of 20? Humans and pets total.
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I don't play really big households often as when my kids become adults I normally move them in with their spouse. A couple of times I had one of my children and her twins stay in the family house because she divorced her husband. So for that reason the maximum of 8 per household doesn't bother me too much.

That being said, in my current save both my adults are 5 star celebrities and live in a massive mansion. I would love to raise some of the grandchildren there because it's perfect for a big family.
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    I would like to have maybe 10-12, mainly because I like having around 4 cats/dogs in a household but as it is now, I have to choose between having only a few pets or only a few children (my sims have big families a lot)
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Isn’t the cap on sims that can load at once on a lot, something ridiculous like 18? But like other people mentioned even a full household now of 8 causes performance issues :(
    If they could sort out the performance issues I’d love to have an increase, maybe double it to 16? Plenty of room for all sorts of households and scenarios :) 100 baby challenge would get a whole lot harder haha
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    still only up to 4 max, I am easily overwhelmed with too many sims, 4+2 pets is the max I can handle :D
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Families would be more fun if there was no household limit
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Sometimes I wish we had up to 10. I would be really nice if pets didn't take up a household slot.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I enjoy 1-5 Sims in a household period so I would never play more than that on a regular basis. I do sometimes add grandparent to a house with a new baby until the baby turns child age and with each baby - but when my Sims have either a second or third child and that child turns child age - then I move the grandparents nearby into their own little house.

That said I don't play a lot of growing families - I actually prefer my single households and small 2-3 roommates households the most, so I always have lots more households of those type of Sims.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Normally I stick to 1-6 sims, but it'd be great to fill up all of my orphanages and boarding schools.

Or nothing would change, because I'm super afraid of culling.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    It wouldn’t change for me. I play TS4 to chill, not to engage in the frustration of wrangling lots of sims.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I tend to wind up with larger numbers of offspring from Sims I really like, and that does pose a problem, so I reshuffle households a lot. Since there seem to be some Sims who lack a normal amount of initiative in taking care of their own needs, when I find I have inadvertently created or birthed one such, when they are adults who still can't take themselves potty in time and earn the No Excuse award (for losing bladder control on a lot with at least 5 toilets) I tend to delete them in frustration. Nobody got time for that.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    No more than what I'd usually would play with on average 1-3 sims in a household. I know for a fact sim games just can't handle a lot of other sims in the area past it's limit. Eventually it gives up and sis just stand around doing nothing and maybe looking around. Like Simulation lag, but worse. Performance wise it just can't handle it not to mention I imagine the little pictures with the UI would look terrible with more than 8 sims. Though I do wish pets wouldn't take up any household slots at the very least. :*

I commend anyone for trying to control more than 8 sims as it sounds like a nightmare, especially if there's toddlers. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I'd only have eight... hundred. 😝

But seriously, I'd definitely have more than eight Sims in a household if we were allowed to. I don't think I'd have that much trouble taking care of them, unless there's a ridiculous number of toddlers. Maybe I'd try 12 first. (12 Sims altogether, not 12 toddlers. I'm not doing a 100 baby challenge. XD)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited August 2019
    Idk I think id still play 10 max
    I already go crazy with having 5 sims
    but thinking if there was no limit i could add some servants or more pets to amount 10 at once in which case couple more would be handy

for now I just keep hiring bartenders etc separately but it still saddens me because i cant really have same sim show up everyday to do their job like with maids and having some household spots id have more room to just add household member
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    3-5 is my limit, large households turn into chaos.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I don’t think my computer could handle it. Also it’s more difficult to manage a lot of sims at the same time. I like to play with families of 4/5 max, and pets. It depends. Though when I create household that I upload on the gallery I’d like to have the option, for instance when I made all Disney princesses for fun, I had to have two households.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Provided the game performance wouldn't be affected... nah, I'd still play with only as many Sims as I usually do (anything between 2 and 4 usually, one household with 6 Sims). However, since pets take up household slots, I may be tempted to have 1-2 Sims and a ton of pets :D
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I would have a few families with 10 children or so. I think because it was just my brother and I growing up I like playing super large families in this game. I often have families of 6-8 sims, and sometimes I really wish I had more household slots, especially once Cats and Dogs were added. It saddens me that those 8 sim households can't have a couple of pets as well.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.