Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the weirdest Stuff Pack?

2...Next

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    Although I do think that Moschino is pretty strange with the weird clothes in CAS, I had to go with My First Pet. Why?

Because Rabid Rodent Fever! Ah yes, this stuff pack comes with a highly contagious disease that slowly and painfully kills your Sims and turns them into giant ghost hamsters. Honestly, does it get much stranger than that? This is, in fact, the one feature of the pack that made me want it so much and caused a terrible inner struggle of my principles as I refrained from purchasing it until there was a good sale long after it released, because I did not want to support something that clearly should have been part of the EP that came out a few short months before it.

Here's a good short video of the result. Mind you, the Sim spends around two days throwing up, running to the toilet, dazed, and feverish. It's almost gruesome in a lovely, morbid, humorous way.

https://youtu.be/ghCspo1jvfY
    #Team Occult
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff
    Don't get me wrong I love the items from cas and bb in Laundry Day but the thought of doing laundry in a game when there's no real need to makes my blood run colder than usual. When you're grappling with *shudders* dirty socks in real life, why would you want to do it in a game. I'm not squeamish but come on....dirty sock play when you could be a vampire? I don't get it. But then I guess other people don't get why I'd want to be a vampire when I could be playing with dirty socks *shudders again*. Weird!
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited August 2019
    Movie Hangout Stuff
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I chose this because it's strange that we didn't get a movie theater lot type, we just had huge new TVs (that I can never use in my Sim homes because they're too big), movie posters and a popcorn machine.
    It also feels strange that clothes and BB items were hippie/boho themed. Do people who like movies only wear hippie clothes? I didn't know that. I guess I'm dressing wrong when I watch movies.

I like this stuff pack and I really like CAS & BB items, but I don't understand why they chose hippie theme for them. It's okay, but it's a bit strange.
    This! I feel like everything in it could have been easily added to a different pack. The CAS/Build/Buy would have fit with City Living, the popcorn could have been in the kitchen one, and the giant TV’s fit with Get Famous (or anything really).
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    edited August 2019
    Laundry Day Stuff
    I’d vote but why are some of the options “or”?

@Dust_Bunny2010 You can only have 10 options in a poll and there is 14 SP.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff
    I still think the pack that demands your sims do more chores is the weirdest. I kinda like the BB items, but haven't bought it yet because I will probably never want to do laundry.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Romantic Garden Stuff or Moschino Stuff
    Romantic Garden Stuff is my least favourite, and Moschino seems like the oddest mix because the clothes feel like an afterthought and are the weakest things in the pack. Spooky Stuff was also a little weird at the time as it was released when it was eternal summer.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Moschino is so weird since
    1- It's a stuff pack but it adds more gameplay than actually stuff
    2- It's a branded fashion stuff packs but it adds more Build/Buy items than actually clothes
    3- No one cares for Moschino or asked for this

My first pet stuff is obvioulsy werid, but I have to admit I use many items from this pack, except for the TERRIFYING hair with ears.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Luxury because I still don’t know what its purpose was and I often forget it exists

I like the buffet tables in that pack.... one of my most used things on some community lots. I always use it at weddings.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don’t know that I would term it as weird, but Romantic garden stuff I don’t have much use for (except the flowers).I haven’t really used the wishing well, and I rarely use the statuary. By contrast I use the buffet table in the Luxury pack, and even the stair climber in fitness stuff.... and about all other objects in the other stuff packs. I will say that I like and use some of the hairstyles and clothing in the romantic garden pack though.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff
    Voted for Laundry pack because the trailer was epic, EA made laundry day look like some epic quest to complete. Community really voted for cleaning clothes centered pack?
    giphy.gif
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    My First Pet Stuff
    I found it strange we needed a stuff pack to add rodents and a bunch of cat and dog clothes....

They should have been in the expansion, just saying.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Although I do think that Moschino is pretty strange with the weird clothes in CAS, I had to go with My First Pet. Why?

Because Rabid Rodent Fever! Ah yes, this stuff pack comes with a highly contagious disease that slowly and painfully kills your Sims and turns them into giant ghost hamsters. Honestly, does it get much stranger than that? This is, in fact, the one feature of the pack that made me want it so much and caused a terrible inner struggle of my principles as I refrained from purchasing it until there was a good sale long after it released, because I did not want to support something that clearly should have been part of the EP that came out a few short months before it.

Here's a good short video of the result. Mind you, the Sim spends around two days throwing up, running to the toilet, dazed, and feverish. It's almost gruesome in a lovely, morbid, humorous way.

https://youtu.be/ghCspo1jvfY
    But Sims would die from that in the first Sims game. :(

I voted Mosquito Pack, but yes the My First Pet Stuff Pack is a very close second for me.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff
    I will never understand why people wanted laundry so much they voted for a pack dedicated to it. That's just strange to me.

At least it has some cute CAS and build/buy items.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I will never understand why people wanted laundry so much they voted for a pack dedicated to it. That's just strange to me.

At least it has some cute CAS and build/buy items.
    Silent majority wants what the silent majority wants and think Graham had a bit of an influence over that. I remember telling him that pack was going to win when the voting started.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited August 2019
    Laundry Day Stuff
    I'm going with Laundry Day, mainly because people voted for it. Like who votes for a pack like that? I play games to escape doing household chores.

Edit:I will say that I do love many of the BB and CAS items in LD, but that's about it.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2019
    Movie Hangout Stuff
    Movie Hangout Stuff- was the most Strange and very disappointing.

The furniture did not fit in with the theme of the pack. Strange stuff and strange reasoning for he person that added all this in one pack,
    A large outdoor TV could have fit with a Drive-In pack.

I like having a little popcorn maker, but that could have been included with kitchen stuff. For a Movie Stuff Pack, I would rather have the large movie stand-alone red popcorn machine.

When you think of movies and the posters you think of Movie theater or Drive-In. that pack gave old yard sale looking furniture, wicker with lots of colors ??
    Some of us clever ones did manage to create some sort of Movie theater, then that little kitchen style popcorn maker would just kill the look sitting on a kitchen counter.

I do think It would win the ugliest furniture in a pack. lol. or most unused furniture in a pack.

the only things in the pack that went with the theme were the posters the large tv would need to be plugged in and stay outside lol, I only used one in my movie theater, never again.
    Was it released on April fools day?
    proof: of Strangeness
    https://youtu.be/OaTL9GMZqzk
    I rest my case. B)
    Oh wait, Second, I must say is My First Pet Stuff , and hopefully the last. haha

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    none.

none are 'strange'.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2019
    Spooky Stuff
    I'm going with Laundry Day, mainly because people voted for it. Like who votes for a pack like that? I play games to escape doing household chores.

Edit:I will say that I do love many of the BB and CAS items in LD, but that's about it.

That's understandable, however this particular game just happens to be a life simulator. It's not Tetris or Super Mario, lol. Chores are a part of life, so it's natural that some players would want that (more realism in the game.) I've always wanted the ability to vaccuum and mow the lawn. Go figure.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Movie Hangout Stuff
    I'm glad that I wasn't the only one with the same opinion about Movie Hangout. It's just such a strange combination of things. Movies and bohemian clothes/furniture.