Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TokyosouV2: A Tokyo inspired Japanese World (updated)

Comments

• KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Heya, oh you're right...that is a mistake, I have to fix that. She's not their mother and is only supposed to be the same age as her son...(the reason is hinted when you find him) thank you so much, I'll fix that in the update.
    edited January 2021
    Okay fixed the festival lot and a few other things, might have even got the icecream truck recolor to work!!
    Please re-download and sorry for the inconvenience! ^_^;

Download link
    Mediafire: Tokyosou

Megaupload: Tokyosou

Post edited by KiearaPhoenix on
  • ciennasim1ciennasim1 Posts: 734 Member
    edited January 2021
    Oh my, this looks super AMAZING. I just finished downloading it. In Packages, I see that 2 of them are CAW (_CAW, ObjTokyoCAW). Are these to be placed in Mods/Packages folder as with the others or is something only used for CAW? Also, do I need to replace my current Resource.cfg file with the one that you have? Thanks and again AMAING WORK

Thank you! ^_^ CAW you might not need, it's mostly unlocks/for building making things show up in the world I think in game if there's something you want to add yourself. I.e making hidden objects show up from showtime or the normally hidden cc items in your build/buy catalog.

The Tokyo Caw is most definitely needed because its has cc like the skyscraper shells, signs, city walls, etc. the resource.cfg is only there if you don't have it already or it doesn't work. So if you want you can possibly not use the plain CAW file, but just in case you might want to have both in your mods/package folder. The cfg is there in case you don't have one or the one you have isn't working. So ignore it if you already have a working one. ^-^;
  • ciennasim1ciennasim1 Posts: 734 Member
    KiearaPhonix thanks so much. I'm playing in it right now. I went on ahead and added everything but the Resource.cfg file since I already have one there and everything is working fine. The more I explore this world the more amazing it becomes. I collect custom worlds and this is already one of my top favorites.
  • plumpuddleplumpuddle Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Kiara!

I absolutely LOVE Tokyosou. I just can't get enough to it. All your characters based on anime and the Kamen Rider lore, your attention to detail, the amazing mods and objects… it is simply wonderful. Thank you for all your effort and dedication, it is really a beautiful project you put together in TS3.
  • purityapuritya Posts: 1 New Member
    > @KiearaPhoenix said:
    > Heya, oh you're right...that is a mistake, I have to fix that. She's not their mother and is only supposed to be the same age as her son...(the reason is hinted when you find him) thank you so much, I'll fix that in the update.

> @KiearaPhoenix said:
    > Okay fixed the festival lot and a few other things, might have even got the icecream truck recolor to work!!
    > Please re-download and sorry for the inconvenience! ^_^;
    >
    > Download link
    > Mediafire: Tokyosou
    >
    > Megaupload: Tokyosou

so I downloaded the world but I guess some of the packages folder changed the backgorund of create a sim. Is there anyway the get rid of that because i like the default color for cas.
  • MoonlightspinMoonlightspin Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I saw your world on youtube and is so beautiful!! <3 I tried to download the fixed version on both links, but the only one that I can open on winrar is the beta one. I wish to play the fixed so much.

Hey everyone! ^_^ Hope everyone is well, it's been some time hasn't it? I've found myself with free time again and have been working on a update to this world so that it can hopefully run better. If anyone has anything they want to suggest I'll try to see if I can implement it. Or issues they've noticed themselves in game, pleaaase let me know asap. I'm getting to the end the updated fixed version and I don't want to miss something. Also, if someone is willing to help me playtest that'd be awesome. ;)

Some things I've done so far to help it run better:
    -deleted like 35% to 40% of world spawners in CAW
    -deleted like 200+ objects/on average 3 objects per lot, and maybe 10 objects on the really decorated lots.
    -1 lot, the festival lot had like...200+ spawners (which I guess if you spin a lot the spawners stick each spin??? -_-; so had to double check every single lot and purge/[thank you NRAAS mods!] those extra spawners, in fact fixing just that one lot made a noticeable change in lag)
    -fixed routing with some of the bridges. I really didn't want to aesthetically but I can't find a way to make 2 bridges stick to each other so I had to add a tiny strip of road on all the double bridges.
    -Changed the footprint of one of the buildings so sims wouldn't get stuck near it.
    -Changed some of the routing on things so sims can find an easier path, i.e got rid of some rooms, stairs etc.
    -Deleted a TON of inventory from world existing sims (like 1000 objects not even exaggerating[again thank you NRAAS mods!])
    -Changed all house boat lots into regular house lots (they still look like houseboats but they're not going anywhere, lol) except one that is for sale if you want to buy and live there.

Some misc updates:
    -made the CAS room into a package so if you prefer the original it can be left out as requested*
    -made the Ice Cream Truck, Police Car and Taxi as package so if you want to change the color or not have them included in world, just don't add them to the mod folder.
    -Some of the world lore is being tightened and hopefully more apparent and some families with deeper/expanded family trees.
    -Added 50+ of Japanese sims, Service and Homeless, that will hopefully transfer over and take up various empty roles in world.
    -Actually figured out how to add all the sims in the CAW so that a save won't be needed for population.
    -Added 3 more undecorated affordable basic starter homes at various 'districts'
    -Changed a few things just a smidge, aesthetically wise for some of the buildings.

So very sorry these replies are so late:
    ciennasim1 wrote: »
    KiearaPhonix thanks so much. I'm playing in it right now. I went on ahead and added everything but the Resource.cfg file since I already have one there and everything is working fine. The more I explore this world the more amazing it becomes. I collect custom worlds and this is already one of my top favorites.

Thank you! I still am learning so much about making worlds and this was a fun project. You might wanna check in again in a little while for the updated, update? lol, version.
    plumpuddle wrote: »
    Hey Kiara!

I absolutely LOVE Tokyosou. I just can't get enough to it. All your characters based on anime and the Kamen Rider lore, your attention to detail, the amazing mods and objects… it is simply wonderful. Thank you for all your effort and dedication, it is really a beautiful project you put together in TS3.

Yaaay! You are the only one to pick up on the kamen rider/ toku lore in my world. I've recently gotten into more Kamen Rider as I've been battling some health issues and have more time and I just started a few more. (Which Kamen Rider Show/ Rider is your favorite?)

puritya wrote: »
    > @KiearaPhoenix said:
    > Heya, oh you're right...that is a mistake, I have to fix that. She's not their mother and is only supposed to be the same age as her son...(the reason is hinted when you find him) thank you so much, I'll fix that in the update.

so I downloaded the world but I guess some of the packages folder changed the backgorund of create a sim. Is there anyway the get rid of that because i like the default color for cas.

*in the updated version I am working on I have indeed done this request and made it into a package file you can delete if you don't want it in game.
    Hi! I saw your world on youtube and is so beautiful!! <3 I tried to download the fixed version on both links, but the only one that I can open on winrar is the beta one. I wish to play the fixed so much.

On youtube? Wow, thank you ^_^;
    Hmm, do you have 7zip? it is an awesome zipping tool. If not maybe I can try to figure out and do a winrar zip on the update/fix I'm currently working on.

• Jackomac43Jackomac43 Posts: 3 New Member
    Great to hear this project is still in production! The map is great, but I seem to get a message when I load the map that says some objects are missing and needed to be replaced. I installed all of the content needed so I'm not sure if that's normal?
    @Jackomac43 Thank you ^.^ Hmm...If you also have installed the few free store items already, then it could be on my end. I might've deleted a cc from the combined packages I thought I wasn't going to use or forgot to include it in a package.
    > @KiearaPhoenix said:
    > @Jackomac43 Thank you ^.^ Hmm...If you also have installed the few free store items already, then it could be on my end. I might've deleted a cc from the combined packages I thought I wasn't going to use or forgot to include it in a package.

I don't notice anything missing from the world so I think it must be something very small or unimportant that gets replaced. Unfortunately the map seems to crash for me after 30 minutes of gameplay or so, so I'm going to wait for the next update before I dive back into Tokyosou. Can't wait to hear more about the project!
    Ok scratch that about the world crashing.

As far as I know the Sims 3 can only use up to 4GB of ram, and the game crash logs told me the game was running out of ram. I lowered the memory limit from 4GB to 3.5GB to force it to not use up all the ram dedicated to it. That stopped the crashes!

There's so much detail in this world I think the game engine struggles sometimes, but I hope this info is useful for others.
  • ebflover777ebflover777 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey! I know I'm a little (very) late, but I'd like to know if there's a way to stop most of the lag or crashing. The person above stopped the crashing almost entirely, but the lag is really bad in certain areas, the more rural and suburban areas take a good few minutes to load in, then work beautifully! It likes to lag significantly and crash in the cities still, sadly.
    he / him, please
    edited April 2022
    Hey sorry everyone and @ebflover777 ^_^ I had some health issues that I had to deal with and paused on it but I have picked this back up to work on fixing the lag.

I think I have found the 3 things that are causing lag:

1- The middle festival lot has a ton, like a crazy amount of hidden spawners.
    2- Ton of objects in inventories across the all the townies.
    3- Got rid of Townies houseboats

Those things are currently fixed and it's running much smoother, I think I will be able to have this fixed version finished by the end of the month, right now I'm just fixing a few things and deleted a few extra objects off each lot and simplifying some of the townies to make the file a bit smaller. If don't you want to wait, try doing these three things alone and see if it helps.

1. You could either delete the lot, but it'll still have those hidden spawners so it'll probably still cause problems later...I think you may be able to flush the spawners from the lot using NRAAS [click on the lot -> NRaas -> Master Controller -> Object Stats -> Non Inventory, then delete all the spanwers...like...ALL the spanwers] but they will still come back when you start a new game?

I actually had to fix this in CAW for them to 100% disappear.

2:Delete unnecessary inventories on Townies [ City Hall -> MC -> Town -> Object Stats -> Inventory ] as seen here
    https://www.nraas.net/community/mastercontroller-discussion/topic9112
    3. Delete the houseboat lots and place the townies elsewhere.

Otherwise again I think I should be finished fixing and putting up what I have so far by the end of this month. Sorry for all the inconveniences!

Edit; For some strange reason not able to update first post because I can't post attachments? >_>;
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited April 2022
    So I have no idea what @Jackomac43 is talking about and want to set the record straight for anyone coming here hoping for some solution to memory related crashes.

As @KiearaPhoenix has stated, to minimize how much memory the world uses, you simply need to de-bloat it in the ways she suggests. Also lower settings, remove unused content from your game, etc. There is no way in the files to edit the game's memory limit, lower or higher. And, frankly, lower would do nothing but make the game crash faster. It would reach a lower limit more quickly. If you could, theoretically, change the limit to 3.5 GB, that would just make the game crash at 3.2 GB instead of the 3.5-3.7 GB is crashes at now. lol

I can only assume the file Jack edited is Sims3.ini, which a lot of people misunderstand as it has a line that is:
    MemoryUsageLimit = 20000000

The number you're reading there is actually 20 GB. And that is the default. But this is not related to RAM usage of the game, but instead related to the game's script heap, which is something you don't have to worry about. That number should be left as it is.

Simply put, The Sims 3 has the RAM limit of a 32-bit program and that's that. You cannot change this number in either direction and make any positive impact on your game. If you did change that value in Sims3.ini and you think your game is running better, trust me when I tell you this is a placebo effect.

Sincerely, someone with 21 GB of mods who has long mourned The Sims 3's 32-bit nature. :sweat_smile:
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
    Hey sorry everyone and @ebflover777 ^_^ I had some health issues that I had to deal with and paused on it but I have picked this back up to work on fixing the lag.

I think I have found the 3 things that are causing lag:

1- The middle festival lot has a ton, like a crazy amount of hidden spawners.
    2- Ton of objects in inventories across the all the townies.
    3- Got rid of Townies houseboats

Those things are currently fixed and it's running much smoother, I think I will be able to have this fixed version finished by the end of the month, right now I'm just fixing a few things and deleted a few extra objects off each lot and simplifying some of the townies to make the file a bit smaller. If don't you want to wait, try doing these three things alone and see if it helps.

1. You could either delete the lot, but it'll still have those hidden spawners so it'll probably still cause problems later...I think you may be able to flush the spawners from the lot using NRAAS [click on the lot -> NRaas -> Master Controller -> Object Stats -> Non Inventory, then delete all the spanwers...like...ALL the spanwers] but they will still come back when you start a new game?

I actually had to fix this in CAW for them to 100% disappear.

2:Delete unnecessary inventories on Townies [ City Hall -> MC -> Town -> Object Stats -> Inventory ] as seen here
    https://www.nraas.net/community/mastercontroller-discussion/topic9112
    3. Delete the houseboat lots and place the townies elsewhere.

Otherwise again I think I should be finished fixing and putting up what I have so far by the end of this month. Sorry for all the inconveniences!

Edit; For some strange reason not able to update first post because I can't post attachments? >_>;

Thank you!
    he / him, please
    @Emily4331 thanks, wasn't quite sure so it's nice to have it confirmed ^_^;

@ebflover777 you're welcome~ Would you like to help me check if the updated file helps with lag?

If there's anyone else, let me know. ~ I mean my laptop can handle it so far but it's a gaming laptop and so it can be why it's working so much better for me...
    @Emily4331 thanks, wasn't quite sure so it's nice to have it confirmed ^_^;

@ebflover777 you're welcome~ Would you like to help me check if the updated file helps with lag?

If there's anyone else, let me know. ~ I mean my laptop can handle it so far but it's a gaming laptop and so it can be why it's working so much better for me...

Ah, I'm late! But I'd love to help! My computer is16GB ram-wise and the model was from 2015 so it runs most worlds well, it should work a lot better!
    he / him, please
    @ebflover777 Not late at all! Sent you a message, thank you!
    edited May 2022
    Alright! I'm on time! ^_^

Tokyosou V2 Updated (hopefully less laggy) version uploaded! Follow instructions in readme. Please let me know if there are any problems!

Download link
    Mediafire: Tokyosou

Megaupload: Tokyosou
    Post edited by KiearaPhoenix on
  • tanezumitanezumi Posts: 15 Member
    well done >?
  • Cherry0nTopCherry0nTop Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey dear @KiearaPhoenix!

Thank you so much for sharing this incredible world with us! I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! I normally play with only a little cc but for this I made an exception and I am not regretting it for sure!

But some cc doesn't show up for me. At the cemetery there are some cc deco items on top of the gravestones. They show for me as pictures of a red car. I assume this is the original object that was cloned to make the cc object. But for some reason it's not showing for me.

Did I do something wrong? Right now all packages are in the package folder inside the mods folder. Should I put it into the override folder? Or can I download it seperately somewhere?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day <3
    edited July 2023
    @Cherry0nTop Hey there ^_^ Thank you. You've put everything in the correct folder. It is an item from the free Chinese set on the Sims 3 store. I thought I posted a link on the first page, but here it is again
    Free Chinese New Year Set

The are a few other items from the store in the game, that if you don't have will also not show up. They're not needed for gameplay I don't think, it's been a while since I've played.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top