Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TokyosouV2: A Tokyo inspired Japanese World (updated)

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :mask:

I thought I already commented but I didn't. I just have to tell you how Beautiful your world looks. You gave so much attention to detail and your lots are Gorgeous. I just love it! :+1:
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @KiearaPhoenix I'm so happy to hear that you're putting so much thought into the population! I know making worlds is a lot of work, but it's always such a bummer when you download an awesome world and it doesn't have an equally awesome population to go with it. :smiley:
  • ohnodiddieohnodiddie Posts: 1 New Member
    I love love love this so much! I am downloading right now and will be starting my new playthrough there, thank you for making this 💜
  • Rosh123Rosh123 Posts: 5 New Member
    When is the final version coming out? 😆😆
    This WORLD is AMAZING! although I did have some trouble setting up things. Can't wait for the finished product!
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member

Heya so so very very sorry how incredibly late my response is! Things have gotten crazy over the summer so I haven't been able to focus as much as Id like on Tokyosou but I have been still working on it.

@Rflong7 omgosh thank you! I loooove your worlds!
    @Emily4331 ; I totally get what you mean, I think/hope up to half of the pop has some sort of background.
    @ohnodiddie Thanks! And you are much welcomed!
    @Rosh123 : I hope before the end of September! I am sorry you had trouble setting things up, is it working for you now?

~~~~~~Updates!

I am trying to make things more immersive like you are in Japan, i.e

- the delivery newspaper is in Japanese

6c67b66b7317fb577008352f1703c025.jpg

- made the food truck have a Japanese menu, with Japanese food ads.

0140793ecf77d88c516607df74280783.jpg
    - made other taxi's look like one of the many Japanese Taxi's near Tokyo...unfortunately I can't figure out how to make your own taxi look the same. If anyone knows how or what to do, pleaaaase help me out!
    Every OTHER taxi in town looks like this:

3c02e3c6d2d5bd7917582e98edca1fdc.png

What your personal taxi looks like instead:
    282b6e0e5bdeb9260355ee0211b40e3f.png

I have been updating lots/making a few new lots:

The docks was updated it to look like it has fishermen selling fish and maybe like there's international shipping
    going on there.
    1a1d6edd62699c3ddd4d784f30685387.jpg

Added a exploration tomb under the dome that was empty. It supposed to give off that command center from power rangers\super sentai energy. (still checking the switches and routing to make sure it works)
    3f6190acc65a720ac49068af19803e70.jpg

Added another apartment with a couple of shops on the lot, (the shops are mostly just for aesthetics or storytelling
    might change the lot type so anyone can visit and if someone wants to live there they can change it to residential)

67478a2a96898a804a5a6a62b0df3bf4.jpg
    34c2e7b207b8a0af3088fba0562d2225.jpg

In the coming weeks I may have a few more screenshots as I finally have some free time to continue playtesting issues. And trying to figure out that taxi thing, hahaha....
    @KiearaPhoenix Let me know if you want me to help contribute to the population. I'd be happy to! :3 Every new update you put out on this world is so awesome! Keep up the good work. :smiley:
    edited September 2020
    @emily4331; Omgosh yes please! And if you have any tips about population making please let me know. I've figured out a few things but any further insight would be lovely.

edited September 2020
    @KiearaPhoenix Any time I've gone making sims to populate a world, I've based the age ratios and population on an EA world of similar size - excluding service sims since they will be randomly generated and we can save ourselves some time and just edit them to fit the Tokyo theme when they are born. :tongue: So, first, we'll have to take a look at the size of the world and see which EA world if fits most.

When we've decided on that, we can do a head count in the EA world and see the ratio of age group to age group. Usually, it's mostly young adults, many adults, a few elders, a few teens, a few kids, and a couple of toddlers. And I'm sure there's room for additions here or there. I find I like to add a few more teens and kids so player's families will have more realistic school lives.

Mirroring the household compositions would be boring, so instead I pretty much decide that as I go. To keep track, I usually make a Google Document, which would be extra helpful with two of us working on the population as I can share the document here and we can edit it as we go. I'll make us a Google Document for this sometime tonight if I remember. :tongue: If not, I'll do it when it pops back into my head. :lol:

Of course, since we are mere mortals and (unless others want to join in) a 2 person team...I'd say using pure brain power to come up with backstories and traits for a ton of sims would be exhausting. For a few of the sims, sure, but believe me when I say you will get very sick of coming up with individual characters very fast. :lol: At least, I do. Not only that, but non-brain generated characteristics will typically be more unique and varied, especially versus ideas when our creative juices are running on empty. :tongue: So, my solution to this is to make the majority of the sims living in the town using online generators. God bless technology. :lol:

This site has a lovely in-depth character generator:
    https://www.rangen.co.uk/chars/quickchargen.php

We can use this and incorporate them into a sims setting. Of course, we can choose to ignore factors that won't matter, you aren't a fan of, or that you can't incorporate into a sim in a meaningful way. But that's just a good way to get a simple, nice little character to fill our town with.

Now, the downside to that generator is that you can't include nationality. Since this world is Tokyosou, most people living here would be Japanese. For specific names, I use this:
    https://www.behindthename.com/random/

As you can see, you can select various nationalities and cultures to pull random names from and you can also have it randomly generate a surname as well. So yay!

So, let's say our first sims are in the classic roommates household. We'll say, they're all female young adults.

Generate 3 female Japanese names: Kyoko Tamura, Yuuko Sugiyama, and Ayaka Okamoto

Then, they need some simple characteristics. So we generate a random overview for a young adult female for each of the girls.

Kyoko Tamura:
    A tan, muscular girl with a round face, a straight nose, and thin lips, with brown eyes that are vaguely triangular in shape. Her dark brown hair reaches her mid-back and she keeps it tidy in a braid. She doesn't wear jewelry and wears well fitting, earth toned clothes. Her appearance gives off a sense of authority.

She went to private school, but wasn't a very good student. (Presumably because she's more into athletics than academics). She's pretty happy just being the simple, working class girl that she is. (For this character, maybe we give her a lower level job in the athletic career).

Personality wise, her appearance doesn't match her softer heart. She sees the good in everyone and is idealistic, she's strong but passive. She has a habit of over-analyzing things, she enjoys fishing, and she has a good sense of humor. Traits, then, maybe: Athletic, Angler, Vegetarian, Good, and Good Sense of Humor (duh :tongue: )

Her favorites are: Pearl white, hip hop, and any of the vegetarian foods.

Other info:
    Marital Status: Single
    Orientation: Straight
    Lifetime Want: Anything relating to athletics, I'd say.

Yuuko Sugiyama:
    A girl with a medium skintone and an oval face, with a soft jawline, a short nose, small ears, and full lips. She has large, near black eyes, and natural, thick eyebrows. She has very short, straight brown hair. She dresses simply and modestly and prefers light colored clothes.

She wasn't a great student, she works as a stylist but isn't very happy there. Her financial status is less than ideal. She has a realistic view of the world, she enjoys meditation and martial arts, she's a night owl fueled by coffee, she has a talent for singing, she also likes to bake and loves animals. Traits: Disciplined, Night-Owl, Animal Lover, Natural Cook, and Natural-Born Performer

Favorites: Blue, rap, and since she likes to bake, maybe something like cookies. :3

Other:
    Marital Status: Single
    Orientation: Straight
    Lifetime Want: 5-Star Chef

Ayako Okamoto
    A girl with light skin and sharp features, small brown eyes, thin eyebrows, and short, straight black hair. She likes comfortable, cute clothing and pastel colors.

She's a bit more on the simpler side in terms of intelligence, though she still managed to get a job in the journalist career. Though she isn't very happy there. Her financial situation is a bit dire and if she wasn't rooming with Yuuko and Kyoko, she probably wouldn't have a home. Despite all of that, she's surprisingly optimistic. She's clumsy, she likes dogs, enjoys art, and is fairly science savvy despite her airheaded-ness :tongue: She's a bit on the chubby side and seems to keep getting chubbier. Traits: Absent-Minded, Clumsy, Eccentric, Avant Garde, and Dog Person.

Favorites: Yellow, singer songwriter, and pancakes. I think she'd like pancakes. :lol:

Other:
    Marital Status: Engaged (well we better figure out to whom :lol: )
    Orientation: Homosexual
    Lifetime Want: Something science career related.

Based on all of that, we can determine the relationships between them. Yuuko and Ayako probably have a fairly strained relationship. The realist in Yuuko probably doesn't see Ayako cleaning up her act any time soon and is a bit sick of having to deal with her financial instability. Especially when she isn't well off herself. Kyoko would have a better relationship with her since she has a big heart. She's friends with Ayoko as well, but Kyoko views Yuuko as a bit like the little sister she never had, so she doesn't mind having to take care of her sometimes. Much to the chagrin of Ayoko.

And as we flesh out other characters, we can make note of who needs some friends outside of their household and who, like Ayako, needs a fiancee. :lol: We can determine who they're friends with and other relationships again just based on how we think their personalities would mesh together. :smile:

I talk too much. Hopefully it makes sense. :lol: Anyway, I'll hopefully remember to make a Google Doc for this later. I'll add these 3 girls. :smile:
    hoooommmmogosh.

Is that what is meant by building a population? I think I have reaaaaally over-complicated things for myself.

Like I thought for population story sake you had to build up skills for the job they need, i.e. if the sim was going to be a Doctor in the med field, I've been trying to max their logic skills in game. And if they are married, I've been romancing their SO to build it to the max (and made a few pregnant sims) Like for most families and even the pets,I've been building their friend status...and teaching pets some skills, children some skills...

I've also been, say if they have a trait like...liking bots, befriending a bot or two that I have in Tokoysou or sending them to the future to learn the first skill to bot building.
    ...and trying to build up rep a bit of if they are a nerd, or jock, rebel too...

So far I have about 55+ townies(not including pets), of which I've done this to about 20ish townies so far. >_>;
    @KiearaPhoenix Nope, you can set everything use MasterController. What I did when I populated and made a save for a Pleasantview remake another simmer had made, I made the families and switched between them using MasterController to set relationships, skill levels, career+level, etc. You can set their exact age, manage their traits, and spawn offspring between two sims + age them up all with MasterController.

I saw you made some edits in the doc, so yay! It seems that system will work perfectly to keep everything neat. As for setting things up with MC, I say we have 2 options:

1.) You can hand off the sims and load to me. After all, you've done so much work on this world and I'd be happy to set up the save for you. :smile:

2.) I can create a little tutorial on how to set various things using MasterController to help you out in the setup.

Either works for me. Just let me know! :3
    Thank you so much! :) You are a life saver!

I would love to know how to use MasterController because eventually I'd like to make a smaller world and it would be a major time saver. Half of my time feels like I've been spending manually building townies the slow in-game-playing way. (which is why I am feeling overwhelmed trying to juggle multiple families and finish their skills for their career,etc)
    @KiearaPhoenix Alrighty, I'll take some pics and make a mini tutorial for ya. :smiley:
    Got some more screenshots of the world because I'm bad at sticking to one task :lol:
    XZ5nkyh.jpg

uo4uPZN.jpg
    This building is cute as heck and I love it. :3

EJkerVV.jpg
    Well, it's been a while everyone. Hope you guys are all doing well.

I am so sorry that this is late and I haven't been around. My laptop's drive failed and the drive needed to be replaced. I had lost a ton of work (Art-wise and CAW-wise) and was sooooo so discouraged that I didn't even wanna look at the direction of CAW or sims 3.

I was finally able to get the drive replaced and computer in working status. Eventually, I got to a point where I could open up CAW without a ton of tears. I dug around older USBs, cloud storage, etc and thankfully had some older backup saves, with a population save file (granted it's not the one I wanted and it's more of a playtest file and the day/time is advanced but something is better than nothing), etc stuff that I needed to start back up again. If I can push myself I might just redo the population save from scratch, cause I am not happy with just settling. I currently have been slowly re working on trying to remember how I had the world before the drive mess, I.E added more detail to most of the homes/lots, added a few more lots, filled out areas I felt where kinda plain or blank looking, fixed areas I felt might cause problems, etc.

All in all this taught me a really good lesson about saving things regularly on a backup drive ;_;

Anyways, here's some screenshots:

House that looks like a row of shops:
    ea2f1b2c62d1d7d10143a5c382f583ba.jpg

Yakatabune House:
    60085552ec5a54a116a9c10fa16093dc.jpg

Random "Road"
    a706e7b711a6625e20f8ac2b17550e1b.jpg

I don't think I have done a full overview shot of Tokyosou so here's one:
    153d8b4def0a3ce03ded7de9b4f612cf.png

• Rosh123Rosh123 Posts: 5 New Member
    Oh no :(... If it were me, I would have given up the project long ago. Well I was expecting a full early release, but then again I'm super ok with waiting for this full amazing world to come out! All I can say is take your time :D. Can't wait! \(><)/
  • 31331f31331f Posts: 6 New Member
    i don't know about caw i just started downloading it, are there any people living? like you start a game in that town and there are people supposed to be? can you add people? cuz i don't want to be only one living in there!
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    31331f wrote: »
    i don't know about caw i just started downloading it, are there any people living? like you start a game in that town and there are people supposed to be? can you add people? cuz i don't want to be only one living in there!
    If you have an unpopulated world the game will automatically populate the game with service sims and NPC's and then will begin adding households to homes.

• TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    This is soo cool, must have a test run of that very soon.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    woahhhhhhh this is so sick but i dont use cc in the sims 3 cuz its 32 bit does it have alot of cc?
    edited December 2020

@Rosh123 : Thank you for being so patient ^_^; I hope I can be done soon, I finished everything in CAW and have moved on redoing the population so yay the end is in sight.
    31331f wrote: »
    I am including a population save file so you won't be alone as long as you play with that save. If you don't want to use the population I am including I hear that Nrass has a script that can auto add a population to empty towns. Also what @KarilynMonroe2 says works too.

Tamijo wrote: »
    This is soo cool, must have a test run of that very soon.

Thanks, keep in mind what's linked is in beta so far, I should have the final...well closer to final Tokyosou out soon. Hopefully >_>
    adamzaid wrote: »
    woahhhhhhh this is so sick but i dont use cc in the sims 3 cuz its 32 bit does it have alot of cc?
    Thank you! I have kept that in mind for people who don't like CC in designing Tokyosou. Like maybe half of the homes don't have CC and a little less than half of the community lots also have no CC. I do have a few lots (5 or so) that has tons of CC, but you can always delete them and replace it with another. I think I've marked lots in lots comments as either (no CC) or (tons of CC).

I also merge packages which makes it a whole lot easier for the game to read without hanging up because it's trying to read 300 separate cc, it behaves as if it's reading 5 or 6 files. As suggested here...
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/tutorial-combine-package-files-to-reduce-lag.html

You can also choose the packages you wanna include, like if you don't like the lighting don't include it in your mod file. In fact the ones you mostly need to keep the crowded city aesthetic and for game performance _ObjTokyoCaw and the Rabbit hole files. Maaaaybe the Futon mod. Everything else is objects for the Japanese aesthetic(?) like there's a Japanese food Object cc merged package and ObjJapan 1 & 2 and will be replaced by game objects automatically if you don't include them.

I hear that using mods like NRASS are great for helping game performance too, so if you don't want to use mods or cc at the very least use the Nrass overwatch and Error Trap mods.
    edited December 2020
    i do use mods especially nrass i cant live without them but i just mainly dont use cc in my game although im thinking of maybe getting into cc for sims 3 since i got a beefy pc recently also question is the world populated?
    @adamzaid :Ahhhh okay ^^

Yes the Beta version's save has a population... however they are not fleshed out. Thanks to Emily4331's patience and help I've learned how to flesh the townies out, make them have skills and jobs, relationships beyond their family, give a little history to the population, etc. which will be an available save with the final version.
    edited December 2020
    @adamzaid :Ahhhh okay ^^

Yes the Beta version's save has a population... however they are not fleshed out. Thanks to Emily4331's patience and help I've learned how to flesh the townies out, make them have skills and jobs, relationships beyond their family, give a little history to the population, etc. which will be an available save with the final version.

thats so coooool. its kinda amazing how we never got a japenese world in the sims 3. ive always wanted a japenese world but no one ever made one and its been a dream of mine so thanks this will go nicely with all that Japanese inspired sets from the sims 3 store. ive been wanting to use them and this is a perfect opportunity to do so
    edited January 2021
    Ohisashiburi everyone, it's been awhile. I hope everyone is well. I think I'm within my 2 month deadline...ish ^_^; Enjoy the, hopefully final draft? of Tokyosou. The population save fine is included in the zip, please enjoy the townies and exploring their lives. Feel free to drop a screenshot if you enjoy something~
    Unfortunately I never did solve how to do the recolors to the Taxi, Police car or Ice cream truck, ah wells :/

Download link
    Mediafire: Tokyosou
    Megaupload: Tokyosou

Edit: Might have to update/send a fix my save file, for some reason my festival lot started causing issues T-T anyone who knows how to fix please help me out!

Post edited by KiearaPhoenix on
  • kkaizerkkaizer Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi! Thank you for this beautiful world. I just a quick question about the royal family. It seems like Kiriko Shijima is the mother of the crown prince Takeru and Wednesday. However, it seems her age is almost same with her own biological daughter Wednesday. Is she not their biological mother and is it something that you have missed?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top