Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New paintings/pictures you'd like to see added to buy mode.

The other day when I was working on furnishing a house, I noticed that there really aren't a lot of paintings I use, and the few I do use, kinda get overused. Everything else is too big, or doesn't suit the design I'm going for, and I have everything they've released so far. I'd like to see more smaller paintings (1 tile) that don't take 2+ tiles to place, along with some more pictures. Namely, scenery, sailboats (that was what I mainly wanted for a bathroom), flowers/plants, animals, things that aren't necessarily in 50 bright colors, but just fit smaller spaces without the use of cheats.

What are some paintings you wish were available in build/buy that aren't?
Story_Banner.png
Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I would like more collages and stuff like that. Rustic or country is always a plus for me because I'm obsessed with all things rustic.

Have you tried looking on the Gallery for rooms with paintings? There are tons of rooms with paintings and pictures people have shared. They're usually of things in the game but sometimes it will say your house has CC in it when it doesn't. @rosemow has some really beautiful paintings. She also has a thread in the Creative Corner here on the forums with her showcase.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    I would like more collages and stuff like that. Rustic or country is always a plus for me because I'm obsessed with all things rustic.

Have you tried looking on the Gallery for rooms with paintings? There are tons of rooms with paintings and pictures people have shared. They're usually of things in the game but sometimes it will say your house has CC in it when it doesn't. @rosemow has some really beautiful paintings. She also has a thread in the Creative Corner here on the forums with her showcase.

Hello :) Thankyou very much for your kind words @SweetieWright_84 :)
    All my pictures are NOCC .
    The link to my studio on the website version of the Gallery is
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Roseymow&max=50&maxis=false
    My username on the Gallery is roseymow
    The link to my Showcase thread is
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/948861/rosemow-s-rooms-showcase
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I would like some nice cheap pictures for starter homes. Preferably scenic, a mix of portrait and landscape. Preferably small ones, as they can always be up-sized without moo whereas big ones usually need moo to place down-sized.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I would like to see more homey type paintings and modern ones that will fit in with different designs.
    I like the old style antique paintings but I am not a fan of the weird patterned ones.
    More paintings of animals would be nice and it would also be nice if we could paint copies of photos that the sims have taken.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I'd like more sketch artistry (also a sketch from reference option) or unconventional art/sculptures. I also wish sims could paint the stuff they made on the woodworking table.
  • petewentospetewentos Posts: 90 Member
    I actually want it the other way around; I'd like to see some painting that are really monumental and very detailed, sort of like paintings you'd see in museums such as The Louvre :grin:
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d44708035316c432e5b02f0&rid=giphy.gif
    i just got so emo, i fell apart.
    origin id: petewentos
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Like op said, I'd like scenery (and a sailboat) too.

If I use artwork in my sims' homes, I notice I tend to use the ones with plants and stuff in them. More simple, inexpensive, ones with little scenes and flowers and animals would be nice, especially ones that could accent a bathroom, hallway, entryway, and other rooms like those.

Other artwork that's not paintings would be cool too. Like a little "home sweet home" cross-stitch sampler, hooked rug, or quilted wall hanging. If I remember correctly, your sims could make a quilt to hang on the wall in Sims 2 Freetime. I'd love an arts/crafts/hobbies pack again. It'd be so cool if our sims could decorate their houses (or make clothes and blankets for their beds) with stuff they made!
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I use all types of wall art, depending on the house or business I'm placing it in, so I think just more of everything would be nice. There are certain things objects that there just aren't nearly enough of, and paintings is one of them. I pretty much solved this problem in my game, though, by being a cc addict, haha. I specifically went "shopping" for lots and lots of wall art. It's easy to find. Plus I have a photographer who takes plenty of photos which are put into an art store for everyone to buy.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Literally any just so long as there's more of it! I swear half my CC is just decor, because dangit, my Sims need more art!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think my biggest problem is that there is no option of fancy old frames for paintings and photography our sims make because that would solve literally everything

there would be limitless possibilities for wall art in my mansions if they just added that

for actual paintings though id love more old style portraits of premades or maxis households since it seems bit sad only vampires get to have some

at least Goths no?

I also really love the cats and dogs paintings so maybe more paintings in that style?

+idk if its more paintings category or other wall art but id love some fabric hangings or things like macrame or stitchwork to be included too

especially saw some cc for embroidery hoops on wall and I really love them but managing cc is tiresome so definitely would like some of that in actual game too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    A lot of the paintings are the sort of thing you'd hang in a college dorm or teen's room, not for decorating a house. Most of the paintings in my main save are masterpieces painted by a painter in previous generations - the paintings Sims create are much more appropriate.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I want more SPECIFICALLY related to teens. A lot of the stuff seems either too old or too young.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    A lot of good ideas already mentioned that I wouldn't mind having myself. I personally would love a themed painting like for instance, fantasy & sci-fi for my geeks. More sketches for my artists. Diagrams and such for professions like the science career, doctor career and any career that might benefit from it. Something Police themed. More posters dedicated for school and education. Something for children and teens and even parents to have. Old masters. More old looking paintings to put up in museums and even modern ones. What about abstract, post modernism, Data and surrealism?
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    A lot of good ideas already mentioned that I wouldn't mind having myself. I personally would love a themed painting like for instance, fantasy & sci-fi for my geeks. More sketches for my artists. Diagrams and such for professions like the science career, doctor career and any career that might benefit from it. Something Police themed. More posters dedicated for school and education. Something for children and teens and even parents to have. Old masters. More old looking paintings to put up in museums and even modern ones. What about abstract, post modernism, Data and surrealism?

There's quite a lot of the stuff for professions in GTW, but some of it is locked until you reach a certain career level. I feel like there's already a lot of sci-fi for the geeks, and modernist stuff that doesn't really suit a family home. But really, there's never enough of the particular theme you want to play, no matter what it is.
    I just want things to match. :'(