Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got new update but not story mode

Everything looks like the new update, but I don't have the new CAS story mode. Is there a trick to starting it?

Comments

• Options
    animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    @Lquinn It's under add new sim.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    When you first go into CAS it's there but you have the option to opt out. You have to start a new game. It happened to me when starting a new game.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    animevamp wrote: »
    @Lquinn It's under add new sim.

Thank you! 👍
  • Options
    When you first go into CAS it's there but you have the option to opt out. You have to start a new game. It happened to me when starting a new game.

By using the "add new sim" selection I managed to use story mode, without starting a new game, so give it a try. Thank you for responding.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    It will only show up automatically when you start a new game, otherwise you have to go into create a sim and when you make a new sim, the option should be in there. The icon is the one that looks like a book.
  • Options
    Although, I didn't delete my old games, I did start a new game and did not get story mode when I brought up CAS.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Looking at the patch notes in relation to moving Sims into Granite Falls, when I once did that with a family and went and played another household after a while, I noticed a Sim had decided to holiday in that home and when they left the homeowners were suddenly left homeless as all the furnishings (doors, windows, furniture etc.) were all gone, as if the vacationer took them all with her.

If a family has purchased and moved into a rental in Granite Falls, isn't there a way to stop other Sims from taking a vacation there?
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    Don't you have to choose to take a vacation there?
  • Options
    You can move a household into one when you're on the Granite Falls map when you go to Move Household.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    You can move a household into one when you're on the Granite Falls map when you go to Move Household.

That's a bug. We're not suppose to be able to move to Granite Falls in rentals. They can only stay in rentals till the number of days you pick for them to vacation is over. The gurus have confirmed this is a bug.
  • Options
    I'm in the middle of building a huge spa retreat in Granite Falls on the 50x50 lot and it would be great if Sims could go there without having to go on vacation.
    2quwd7.gif