Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The thing no one is asking about Glimmerbrook?

Will Glimmerbrook river be swimmable?

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I'm more interested in how many buildable lots it has. Of late we've been getting nothing but tiny worthless jokes of 'worlds'. Even Strangetown in TS2 has more capacity than anything in 4 to date.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    I'm more interested in how many buildable lots it has. Of late we've been getting nothing but tiny worthless jokes of 'worlds'. Even Strangetown in TS2 has more capacity than anything in 4 to date.

As for whether we'll be able to swim in the river, I highly doubt it.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Don't know. Older worlds don't yet; but I suppose it possible for newer worlds though. I am going to say it is doubtful since that isn't the focus and we got Sulani I can travel to the beach to visit or live in; but would be happy if it was included in newer worlds at least.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Glimmerbrook may only have 5 lots because of the magical realm they made. Yeah, you can only edit the 1 big lot but I'd imagine the resources and such to make the other world probably took away from having 7-11 lots.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Huh. It never even occurred to me if my sims could go swimming in GB. That's certainly NOT why I am buying a majick/spellcaster GP!
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    From what I apparently heard didn't they say they couldn't update past worlds with swimmable rivers/oceans otherwise it would break old saves? It wouldn't be too unbelievable if they added river swimming to newer worlds now that they found out how.

Take that statement of breaking old worlds with a grain of salt though, because I can't find the guru comment.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Don't know. Older worlds don't yet; but I suppose it possible for newer worlds though.

Thats why i am curious, its probably easier to add swimmable bodies of water in something they created during/after Island Living production than the older worlds.

@Vampris I think i remember reading that too, but i also remember some people being able to walk inside water in older worlds, i guess that if those rumors aren't fake, the devs are testing it to release in the future... Maybe they are holding on to that, to give Island Living something more to be worth buying being packed with the only world with swimmable oceans.