Update: 08/22/2019 – v1.18
When you load up The Sims 4, don’t worry. Even though the game looks different, it is the same game you love underneath. Well, kind of. It is the same game with some cool new features and additions that you can use to expand the way you play.
In the last update we made some changes to the look of The Sims 4 but promised there was more to come. In this update, The Sims 4 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One has the full refresh including a new Main Menu, with built in videos and new Sims cast and more. While the Main Menu has a new look, we kept the option for you to pick your own favorite image that you see.
Once upon a time, there was a Sim making a salad when it spontaneously caught fire. Who would have thought cooking a salad could be so dangerous? Sorry, this isn’t that kind of story. CAS Stories will help you step outside of your comfort zone with your Sims. By completing a short quiz with a random selection of questions, your new Sim will be generated with personality and starting conditions based on your answers. Sims will end up starting out with a career, various skills, and different levels of starting household funds! If you prefer to create your Sims your way then you can continue to do just that.
You might have heard about a new cheat in Build mode which will unlock a new set of Unknown objects for use on your lots. Bring up the cheat menu and use the cheat bb.showliveeditobjects to enable the cheat. After putting in the cheat, open the Search panel in Build/Buy and press RT (Xbox One) / R2 (PlayStation 4) to apply a blank search. You should find the new Unknown items at the bottom of your Build/Buy categories. To disable the cheat, type bb.showliveeditobjects false. How many new objects are there? No one knows for sure but there are potentially hundreds of new decorative objects depending on what packs you have installed. These objects are environment objects, which our artists use when creating worlds. As such they are not optimized for on lot use, so please be aware when using this cheat. The most obvious issue you may notice is that Sims will walk through these objects. Most importantly, using this cheat will not disable your ability to earn Trophies or Achievements.
Sims Cast in My Library
My Library just got more crowded with the arrival of FORTY Sims, some classic and some new. In no particular order they are *DEEP BREATH*
Dela Ostrow, Hunter Evans, Jayden Armstrong, Zoe Flores, Morgan Park, Mia Hayes, Camille Abbiza, Sydney Wright, Noah Meyer, Armand DiAggro, Sophia Jordan, Babs L’Amour, Cassidy Purdue, Ollie Purdue, June Kay, Holly Vinedal, Andre DaSilva, George Rivers, Sean Sullivan, Erroll Dowd, Amber Stein, Lacey Stiles, Kai Kahue, Steve Fogel, Kaiden Bryant, Li Loh, Ross Valentine, Brent Hong, Gael Gonzalez, Gabby Gonzalez, Kierra Tilo, Emiko Mori, Tristen Palmer, Tommi Turner, Aliya Fuego, Kat Jenkins, Valeria Lopez, Kasen Henry, Marco Russo, Kurt Lumberjackson. *PHEW*
- Building takes time, skill and vision. We added a whole new level of difficulty for Simmers that opened the cheat menu by preventing the walls from being toggled. While some might say that cheaters never win, we don’t think they meant quite like this so toggling the walls should work at all times you need it to now.
- Hark, what light through yonder window breaks? Well if you happened to move your glass doors or windows around, the window itself would break. You should no longer see the remains of a window or glass door that once was when you move the object or the room it was part of.
- When visiting the Chez Llama Restaurant in Forgotten Hollow, Sims should no longer be rapidly blinking in and out of existence.
- The Welcome Wagon will no longer invite themselves into your home if you decide to call the 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse lot, home.
- Sims like to get away from the hustle and bustle of their daily lives just like the rest of us. Some Sims that purchased and moved into a vacation home in Granite Falls would never be able to leave. When the vacation ends, Sims can go back to their daily lives in other worlds no matter how humdrum that life might be.
- Evil Sims will be more cunning and mischievous when left to their own devices during a visit to Granite Falls. When they have max mischief they will gladly sabotage tents autonomously.
- Help with homework or don’t? The life of a teen Sim can be tough but helping with homework shouldn’t freeze your Sims anymore. Unless it is a question that really stumps your Sim.
Laundry Day Stuff
- Sims that setup the Selvadoradian Craft Sale Table will now be able to use the Clear Table interaction once they are ready to pack up.
- Unlocking a gate using a Relic will give you the unlock knowledge when you highlight the relic and will tell you which gate type it will unlock. No more trying every relic on the key chain to find the one that fits.
- Interacting with your washer/dryer won’t cause your Sim to “Go Here.”
Some Simmers asked for more Island Living builds in My Library, so we’ve added a selection for you to use in any world, but they look especially good in Sulani.