Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preparing for RoM ?

Comments

• PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I've made some preparations for the story I want to create, but it's mostly post-editing resources that I've gathered lol. I'm relying a lot on Pose Player and Photoshop to get the screenshots that I want.

I plan to start off in Forgotten Hollow, where I'll move in the blonde Sim from Realm of Magic (I think his name is Cade?) who makes secret visits to the magic portal. Since he's human, Vlad is going to be suspicious and will try and follow him to see where he keeps going, only to stumble upon the magic portal when he does. The plot is all about the arch enemies trope, so in this case it's Vampires versus Spellcasters. I can't wait to play the pack and start posting the story properly on my blog!
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I want to see if I can make a version of the Sanderson Sisters! :D
    #Team Occult
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I've got my fairies ready to go. Though a few of them are mermaids and vampires, so I'm worried I might have to change them back to regular Sims in order for them to be able to learn magic. So I guess in that case, my prep will be running through all the vampire aspirations as quickly as possible and rack up those satisfaction points. ^_^

I've got a few ghosts I'd love to learn magic. I really, really hope they can just learn it and I don't have to feed them ambrosia, teach them magic, then leave them alone with broken electronics again. >.<
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    My current sim, Julietta.

O8p0W3O.png

She lives with her family in Brindleton Bay but will be moving to Glimmerbrook where she can concentrate on mastering spellcasting.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I been working on some lots and made a new sim recently. They won't be complete until Realm of Magic is released. The lot I might put up in my gallery; but the sim I won't unless I make a non-cc version.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I have quite a few prepared, however I've no idea how to post pictures. Can anyone be so kind enough to point me in right direction? 😅
  • alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »
    I have quite a few prepared, however I've no idea how to post pictures. Can anyone be so kind enough to point me in right direction? 😅

use a free sharing site like imgur to upload your picture then share it here
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I hope we get some magic-related activities for Season holidays, because I want my witches to have their own holidays. So far, I have a few in mind: Walpurgisnacht (for certain sims to go out and fight witches), Worship Day (where they pay homage to the Realm's founders), Elfdependence Day (To celebrate the day elves [aliens] were officially welcomed into the Realm), Spell's Eve (when witches share spells with each other), Realmhood Duels (Neighborhood Brawl, but for magic duels.)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I hope we get some magic-related activities for Season holidays, because I want my witches to have their own holidays. So far, I have a few in mind: Walpurgisnacht (for certain sims to go out and fight witches), Worship Day (where they pay homage to the Realm's founders), Elfdependence Day (To celebrate the day elves [aliens] were officially welcomed into the Realm), Spell's Eve (when witches share spells with each other), Realmhood Duels (Neighborhood Brawl, but for magic duels.)

Very creative. I might use seasons to a Magic Olympics... One out of the four weeks of, I'm thinking, Summer maybe alternate between Summer and Winter or both. We could do a whole week of tournaments. Just might Start building a Coliseum, I built a Soccer Court, Could put that to good use.

I really hope Groups can Dual against Groups... Probably just going to have to end up bringing the whole group and have them fight 1v1. I would have loved to see if sims can gang up on each other, or have a free-for-all, or watch each other's back. and how player influence can work in a dual. Again I'm hopeful because of how snowball fights work. You can snowball fight in groups, so I think Magic fights in groups could be a potential thing.

I don't know what else, A part of me wants to try old school Pagan, and celebrate the seasons changing. and have festivals where certain spell casting powers will be able to reach their peak and can display their power.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member

@Angellulu I use Imgur to upload all my pictures.

Once the image has finished uploading, there should be a drop down menu on the top right corner of the image. Click on 'Get share links' then select the BBCode option and copy and paste that link in your comment. Once you post your comment, the image will show up.

Hope this helps! :)
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member

@Angellulu I use Imgur to upload all my pictures.

Once the image has finished uploading, there should be a drop down menu on the top right corner of the image. Click on 'Get share links' then select the BBCode option and copy and paste that link in your comment. Once you post your comment, the image will show up.

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you so much! I'll try it out. 😁❣ I've always been curious, and hopefully this will work for me and I can post some pics of my future spellcasters, and current mermaids and vampires!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    tumblr_px5akkIUrp1ytk708o1_540.png

Finally Jane's study is coming together. I am really quite happy with it :)
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    Stunning creations in this thread so far! I am very excited about having Magic in the game as I have played since Sims 1 and Love playing Magic users.
    So far I have these, but I do have builds in my library that will be suitable to use for Glimmerbrook and I will be creating a lot when the pack comes out. I will add my Forum Link below after my rooms.

Gallery Name: Witches Front Garden
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6ECC1C25CB2F11E989E21EC7164F8428?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=luckyheather&max=50&maxis=false
    Notes: Art inside the Shed by TripleNutz87
    Screenshots
    2ObvRmk.png
    Zldb8z2.png
    Hw3BqlB.png
    5KoReC9.png
    qU0vUFN.png
    OWGHScV.png
    6Gi2JLm.png
    gxFBJju.png
    I21B7wj.png
    LwvlWtU.png
    CS81kWR.png
    SXuf94m.png
    a5fA0NN.png
    Shown with different colours of Swimming Pool water from Get Together
    3rTsMoe.png
    aoYkivQ.png
    MWVWgpq.png
    Gallery Name: Spell Caster's Garden
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C46D9274CBE511E98CB8FEC1E351F12F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=luckyheather&max=50&maxis=false
    Note: You could take away the marble floor if you prefer, I chose it because of the spell casting area seen in screenshots of the expansion. Then when you have the pack add circular rugs under the chess and Llama tables.
    Screenshots
    ZDY8dr4.png
    JMQbuZa.png
    PmPJxU4.png
    rxgXRkE.png
    YmomWQL.png
    Zjv2lc5.png

My Forum 1st Page Link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936731/luckyheathers-creations/p1
  • aprilr41aprilr41 Posts: 19 Member
    > @alex_alex09 said:
    > How are you preparing for Realm of Magic? Did you make a house or sims you plan to use for this game pack? If so post your pictures here
    >
    > I made two twin sisters that are ready to become witches
    >
    > (Image)

Your twins are gorgeous! Will you be sharing them in the Gallery?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No, I am not preparing as I may or may not get the pack, I rather wait until I see what I am dealing with first. I learned that early I can't make preparations with Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Another thing I've been doing is adding basements to several of my favorite houses so my spellcasters will have space for all their magic gear --- knowing how EA likes oversized stuff I'll need plenty of space. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I hope they remembered to add magic activities to the Holiday Traditions -- your ideas sound awesome. (And now I want to get some alies in game and edit the skin color to be green instead of blue...)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    My Witches Castle I started today, I fancied doing it white and green :)

7cgx3Ao.png

Later after creating fake steps to the pool and landscaping around with rocks etc. I think I will decorate inside with the new items so getting it ready as much as I can.
    neFUASk.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Preparing? Oh my darkling darlings, I've been prepared since Spooky Stuff came out. ;)>:)
    #Team Occult
  • xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    I'm trying to prep a cottage for a story I'm gonna do when ROM drops but I'm kind of lacking in witchy/magic build/buy MMCC so I'm scouring the internet to find stuff at the same time. That and trying to make enough money to pay for the pack itself lol
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited September 2019
    oP1ceOG.png

lV2HFqA.png

My story revolves around this house. Legend says an old lady lived in this house. Some say she was a witch and others say she was just a 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but either way Ellie wants to find out. She is scraping and saving to buy this old run down house so she can fix it up and get to the bottom of what happened to the old lady. Odd thing is one day this old lady just up and disappeared. No one knows what happened to her, however the garden somehow is kept up. The flowers are watered and it looks like someone is taking care of them. But who?

Note: There is a basement under the little house in the back that you can't see. I plan to put all of her stuff down there.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    WiZNPj5.png

I also built this Alchemist house. It is still a work in progress.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    How are you preparing for Realm of Magic? Did you make a house or sims you plan to use for this game pack? If so post your pictures here

I made two twin sisters that are ready to become witches

UXJPBKm.png

lRbznrw.png

My preparations?

Getting hyped up and then more hyped up and then more hyped up (somehow) for the pack so that I can not possibly be more hyped for this pack.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Some say she was a witch and others say she was just a plum
    If she was an old lady, she was probably a prune.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    edited September 2019
    Looking forward to the pack, made this with an option of a Realm of "Magic Hollow" (Residential) or as 'Realm Bar & Cinema' (Generic) Ready for players to customize it their way. :)

More images at the link, nocc, available at the Origin gallery as well.
    Z7FwSmQ.gif