Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preparing for RoM ?

Comments

• Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm doing a war storyline, where Brindleton is going to be invaded by wizards. I already started building witch-related buildings in preparation, since I imagine they'll want to integrate into the neighborhood well.

I have the Broomstick Club, which is an old Victorian-style restaurant that has a secret room for witch meetings. There's a little retail shop that will sell potions and potion accessories. I might also build a little kennel with all the best-looking cats and dogs, so witches can pick out their familiars or just find new family members.

Aaand last but not least, I'm trying to convert 1 lot into the school, and five for each house. The House of Fire will have students that study Untamed, Wind will have Mischief, Water will have Alchemy, Earth will have Practical, and Void will teach the non-witch occults. They're all going to have Voidcritters as mascots, and luckily I have the decal stickers to decorate the lots.

I'd love to download your broomstick club restaurant! It sounds awesome! Did you upload it to the gallery? I wonder if you used packs I don't own
  • Options
    JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    I’ll probably use the new CAS and BB items, so I’ll wait. Still anxious though
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I don't have any sims premade to be mages I wanna build with pack a sim to dress em in witchy outfits then turn em into a mage via gameplay stead of CAS
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited August 2019
    I've now made several spreadsheets on sims and stories I want to add. Families I want to set up, lineages I want to create, clubs, hierarchies in magical society, jobs and roles exclusive to witches, a school curriculum for witch teens, students for that school, backstories for said students' families, etc. I want to make the magical world as in-depth as possible for when my sims enter it.
    I'd love to download your broomstick club restaurant! It sounds awesome! Did you upload it to the gallery? I wonder if you used packs I don't own
    Right here. It's not that glamorous, though. But if you like it, I can upload another version that only includes stuff from the packs you own. Aside from Get Together, Done Out and Vampires, most of the stuff in this version is easily replaceable.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited August 2019
    I haven't made the sim yet but I drew a picture of him
    UmJJD7c.jpg
    Also he doesn't have a name either, but he's definitely going to be my first male spellcaster

Also I have plans to turn premade Morgan Fyres into a spellcaster for, uh, reasons. I've turned her into every occult (apart from alien of course) and she will make a great witch in my opinion.
  • Options
    You can useVampire markings without dark form?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I made this future-witch many months ago:
    k80HmeQ.png

She is being raised by her "Auntie" because her parents died under mysterious circumstances:
    itjGR3y.png

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited August 2019
    I am prepping my save. Got a house full of CC and now I am getting clothes.

SimLaughLove have some really cute witch-hats that I have in my game now.
    https://simlaughlove.tumblr.com/downloads

tumblr_oyrdk7zj731sx27pyo9_540.png

tumblr_oyrdk7zj731sx27pyo7_1280.png

She also has a bookcase with lots of slots that I like. Tried in my save and it is nice.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    My sim Annebelle who will stumble upon the magic realm and learn new powers that could help her on the island as she has unknown. Sims who are interested in her sunken ship wreck. She doesn't want them to ruin her hard work and needs to learn native llanguage of nature's weather, atmosphere and volcanic eruptions.
    She will benefit from making friends in the realm, gain a familar.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    screen_shot_2019_08_23_at_7_51_47_am_by_mphattyboi_ddep45f-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODAwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvOTc5ZDgzZTItYWJkYS00NGRlLWFjZTItZDk2YzkxZjYwZWI3XC9kZGVwNDVmLWI3ZmFkMGUwLTE3ZDEtNDhlNC04ZDM5LTRlMTAyM2E0OTIzZS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.QHj8Hspr1AcmhFNAdpHWMjXvfzzZgyGbwiZemXr0l-A

Daerick (Purple) and Kaegan (Gold) are twins Brothers and they are my Sorcerers. I wrote up their story back in 2010. and I was excited to finally see it come to life, but I'll settle for some of it.

It's a Medieval Fantasy Story (Save) that Prologues my Main Story (Save).
    The story begins in the 5th Century Gaul (France).
    They were forced to flee their homeland at the age of 13. They made a new home together in the northern region of the future Kingdom of Briarheart (Glimmerbrook will play the part of Northern Briarheart and Windenburg will play the part of The Capital City.)
    It's been a WIP for quite some time, but their house is finally taking shape I want
    57080e9c86bd0482285b0c3cf185fdad.png

Daerick's power is Darkness, and Kaegan's is Light.
    they are the two most powerful sorcerers to have ever lived.

Daerick is Evil, a Music Lover and Ambitious and Kaegan is Good, a Bookworm, and Outgoing. Kaegan Is the Head of a Mage's Council Made of Seven Spell Casters.
    Despite their Moral differences, They get along really well Until Daerick's Dark Ambitions begin to take their toll and understood Kaegan and the King of Briarheart obstacles.
    Kaegan Placed an enchantment on the land So Daerick would never succeed with his Dark Plans.
    Daerick Impulisvely and Vindictively Enchanted a dagger to curse his brother with a Prophecy he created himself.
    Once Daerick plunged the dagger into His brother and Kaegan was cursed. Kaegan did what he never thought he could or would ever do.
    Kaegan Banished his brother to a realm where His darkness will be his prison (Debating between the Realm of Magic or Forgotten Hollow as Daerick's Prison). and should his prophecy come to pass, he wouldn't be their to benefit. Kaegan didn't understand Daerick's prophecy will also be his escape goat. While Daerick spends the next 1000 Years trapped in the Realm of Darkness, he puts his chess pieces in place. collecting Seven Vessels to be his Seven Deadly Knights.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member

I am building a sort of fairy tale inspired mage tower for my future spellcaster.
    1rg7lAA.png

• Options
    I wish I can build but I'm not very good at it.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

I am a terrible builder myself. However I follow some really nice builders in the gallery and modify their builds in order to suit my saves. It is fun and looks a great deal better than if I made it myself :)
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

I'm not great at it either. It takes me hours upon hours to get something that looks somewhat presentable! It's so relaxing though.
  • Options
    I did make one building Coven House. aybe I'll upload a building for Gallery using RoM
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    After a long time of no building, here is a tower fit for a spellcaster for the future Realm of Magic pack! Also made a household to go along with it.
    Gallery:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CAC45F22C82311E98A8FFEC1E351F12F
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/618956E5C82D11E98E815F3B037E5F47

Magic and Mayhem Tower:
    48625916763_7003b5fec2_z.jpg
    48626410222_ce9ef4c594_z.jpg

Interior:
    48625914603_dee6388a73_z.jpg
    48625915058_086741e776_z.jpg

Violet and Merlin:
    48626500247_f0f04dd688_b.jpg
    48626263991_cc28584a8c_z.jpg
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've been planning out a family I'm going to be starting soon -- I'm going to have Liam O'Dourke as a tech guru, give him a wife (Mairi) who'll be an artist, and two children (daughter Eireann and son Eamonn). Eireann will learn Wellness and Herbalism while a teen, then she'll seek out the Sages and become a witch. Eventually I'm going to have her open a Potions Shoppe and sell both the magic potions and the Herbalism potions so my other Sims can shop there.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    edited August 2019
    I already have a black widow storyline in my head, but with an interesting twist: my future Spellcaster is actually a lovely old lady who likes to read love stories and make herbal remedies. She used to be a beauty, back in her days, but now she’s lonely and she has lots of regrets.

c0hTfZP.png?1

She wants to get magical powers to be young again, so that she can do... well, black widow stuff.

(Edit to add picture)

Post edited by IreneLudwig on
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    I've been doing a rotational play for a good while with a family from each neighborhood. Currently, most of the families are on generation 3. One particular family is the Vatore-Roths, which is technically only second generation because Caleb Vatore and his wife, Laurel Roth, were vampires for a bit. But, when Caleb's sister, Lillith, fell for Meko Pries (Erwin Pries' son) and decided to turn human, Caleb and Laurel decided to go human as well They had been married for sometime and wanted children, but they didn't want them to live in darkness. So, Laurel became pregnant, and Caleb was abducted. Three children were born. Luke is the human child of two ex-vampires, and Collin and Colleen are the half-alien twins of their father. Luke rolled the erratic trait. He wears skull face paint 24/7 and wishes he could be something more than human like his siblings. He feels cheated that he's not a vampire. He feels lesser than his siblings because he's not an alien. He's heard tells that there are mermaids, but he has yet to see them. But, he found a wizard poster in a shop the other day and hung it on his wall. If only magic was real, he would grow up to be a spellcaster and be the best of all the occults. Oh, to dream. 😁 TBC...
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Really enjoyed reading peoples plans.
    I can't prepare much until I know lot sizes for Glimmerbrook and orientations of the lots.
    I have a lot of plans for different stories but to just see what the pack is about I want to move a bunch of my stardew folks to Glimmerbrook. The wizard and traveling merchant will both learn magic.. the wizard probably as many schools of it as possible and the traveling merchant will be an alchemist. I really hope we have love potions... Would like for that to be a specialty. I plan on moving some non magic folk there too because I think it represents an area well in that game so for those that know what I'm talking about I want Marnie the rancher and Leah the artist to live there also. I'm just really excited to settle them in where I think they will belong the most. Then I'll dig in and see what magic is like.
    I also want to have many others learn magic but not necessarily move that I already have in different save games then I'm waiting to make some in CAS. I'm hoping to skip some steps if we can make a witch directly in CAS, because I already have so many that will see that part of the story a lot depending on how it's done.
    I want to make a Bewitched type of character.. you know the witch that has to hide it from normal folk, but is good. I also want to make a vain, self serving type seeking immortality and power. Basically all the stories I've been presented with all my life about witches.
    Eventually I'll get around to playing out AHS: Coven types of characters but that might take more manipulation in the game and maybe mods since it will be darker.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I have my magical cottage ready to go
    sBAwnrs.png?1

This is the finished garden:
    3fE42py.png?1

And a shot of the interior:
    0eUvjCw.png?1

My sims who live there will probably be my first magic users.
    meMnjE9.png?1
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    sBAwnrs.png?1

3fE42py.png?1

0eUvjCw.png?1

meMnjE9.png?1

That house is gorgeous!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    You could say I've been preparing for magic since the day I started playing TS4. I currently have eleven sims in my game (including my simself) that I want to turn into witches once I get the pack, eight of which were created specifically with that plan in mind, years before Realm of Magic was even announced.

Now that it has been announced and I know a bit about what's coming, I've started redecorating the house of my simself to make room for the new magical items. I'm a little worried about the cauldron being too big to fit in, so if anyone happens to know its dimensions (I assume 3x3 based on the trailer, but it's hard to tell), I'd like to know too.

Only two more weeks! :)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Becka28 wrote: »
    sBAwnrs.png?1

3fE42py.png?1

0eUvjCw.png?1

meMnjE9.png?1

Would you be willing to share this house in the Gallery? It looks like a great place for my soon to be spellcaster.

I like the fairy wings on you sim, makes me want to play with fairies as well.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i have been updating lots or building lots...i have two sims i will play with in this pack...my first i made a few days ago...her name is melody Rivers..her story line is that she found out that her grandmother was a witch but her mother never told her until now...she's wanting to look into becoming a witch like her grandmother..i'll put her in the new town and she'll start a garden...for her magic, the other one i haven't made, i was wanting to make him when i get the pack..i know what his name will be Micheal Westbrook, i was thinking his storyline is that he's from a long line of powerful witches but he dream is to be a cop and not looking to get married or looking for love...