Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preparing for RoM ?

alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
How are you preparing for Realm of Magic? Did you make a house or sims you plan to use for this game pack? If so post your pictures here

I made two twin sisters that are ready to become witches

UXJPBKm.png

lRbznrw.png

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Nothing as yet. I'll wait until I get the pack before making a decision about my first spellcaster and where they live. They will definitely live in a new save though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I really can't do anything to prepare other than scour CC sites for some items I don't think are available yet (and they might be in RoM, or one of them, anyway.) because the particular media based mage I'm trying to recreate (the *other* wizard named Harry with a series of books, only this one most definitely not YA.) I want to make as a full fledged mage, not use him to go through the process of becoming one.

I wonder if Hockey Stick is a valid kind of broom...

Anything else, I'd have to see what magic can do first.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'm doing a war storyline, where Brindleton is going to be invaded by wizards. I already started building witch-related buildings in preparation, since I imagine they'll want to integrate into the neighborhood well.

I have the Broomstick Club, which is an old Victorian-style restaurant that has a secret room for witch meetings. There's a little retail shop that will sell potions and potion accessories. I might also build a little kennel with all the best-looking cats and dogs, so witches can pick out their familiars or just find new family members.

Aaand last but not least, I'm trying to convert 1 lot into the school, and five for each house. The House of Fire will have students that study Untamed, Wind will have Mischief, Water will have Alchemy, Earth will have Practical, and Void will teach the non-witch occults. They're all going to have Voidcritters as mascots, and luckily I have the decal stickers to decorate the lots.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimeterySimetery Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2019
    Ive prepped a bit! Ive made the bases for a couple witch/spellcaster sims. I cleaned out my CC and am on the hunt for some spooky/witch aesthetic cc. I use to not download much of it cause having it in my game before just made me sad that there were no witches haha.

I thought about making a couple lots but honestly with all the amazing new build/buy stuff from the trailer it just sort of seems like a waste because any lot I make now would probably get completely overhauled.

@Gordy you have any plans of sharing the Broomstick Club? sounds cute!!!
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    A bit, yeah.

I've created a female and male witch and I will use them to test the pack when it comes out.
    Names and traits are still undecided for them.

08-21-19-11-55-11-PM.png
    08-21-19-11-55-33-PM.png
    08-22-19-9-15-36-PM.png
    08-22-19-9-19-36-PM.png
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I might dabble in building a house that I feel is fitting to be redecorated for a magic-using family, but other than that, I plan on making some of my already existing Sims in my current saves into Spellcasters and then add the necessary details.

The only other prep for me is bouncing with anticipation :D
    Simetery wrote: »
    @Gordy you have any plans of sharing the Broomstick Club? sounds cute!!!
    It's pretty ugly right now, and I still have to test it out. But once I'm more confident in its look, I'll send it your way~
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    A bit, yeah.

08-22-19-9-19-36-PM.png

The outfit he's wearing. Is that CC or somewhere in full body I haven't looked yet? (or in a pack I don't have yet, of which there are still several)

Because that's about exactly what I'm looking for to make Harry Dresden
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I've recreated my sims 3 twins in my signature and they will get a makeover once I get Realm of Magic!
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    A bit, yeah.

08-22-19-9-19-36-PM.png

The outfit he's wearing. Is that CC or somewhere in full body I haven't looked yet? (or in a pack I don't have yet, of which there are still several)

Yes, it's a CC. It's made by Joliebean and can be found from her Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/28601092

Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    My first spellcaster sim is in Selvadorada learning archeology and exploring the temple as a backstory to discovering magic.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    A bit, yeah.

08-22-19-9-19-36-PM.png

Yes, it's a CC. It's made by Joliebean and can be found from her Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/posts/28601092

Thank you!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    My first spellcaster sim is in Selvadorada learning archeology and exploring the temple as a backstory to discovering magic.

Nice idea.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited August 2019
    @Simetery Okay, it wasn't as Victorian as I remembered. But here's what I have so far.

00.jpg

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Rasia SilverRasia Silver Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2019
    My sim is in the process of learning to make herbal remedies from outdoor retreat. I plan to move her to the new world and make a forest witch. My other idea is make a new save and play "The Originals" type story (I know we don't have werewolves yet but it's a start ).
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    A bit, yeah.

I've created a female and male witch and I will use them to test the pack when it comes out.
    Names and traits are still undecided for them.

08-21-19-11-55-11-PM.png
    08-21-19-11-55-33-PM.png
    08-22-19-9-15-36-PM.png
    08-22-19-9-19-36-PM.png

I really like your guy!
  • PuffpglitternosePuffpglitternose Posts: 39 Member
    When Sims 3 Supernatural came out, I chose a family in my game and when 3 girls were born I would dub them "The Charmed Ones" and they would master magic and sort of protect the people of the world. Now with the group system in the sims 4, I dont have to neccesarily keep this storyline attached to a specific family, but I have chosen a family with 2 toddlers and the moms is pregnant with another that I may make the first group of Charmed Ones and then rotate them out once they age into elders. Was also thinking about creating an "Elders" group of spellcasters who would be like the Sages would be in the ROM and hopefully (if this is a spell you can learn in the game pack) they will be able to turn the sims that come to them into spellcasters. As you can tell, I've been waiting a long time for magic to come to this game. Lol
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Regina with a red fireball & cauldron, Zelena with a green fireball, wand, broom & cauldron, and Emma with her white blast.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Regina with a red fireball & cauldron, Zelena with a green fireball, wand, broom & cauldron, and Emma with her white blast.

I love Once though never saw S7 but I hear it was a failure
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I already have sims made. Technically they aren't wizards or witches; but uses elemental abilities and all that so now I just need the game pack to make them feel more complete.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited August 2019
    I've got my sim ready to go and picked for the task of regaining her powers and getting revenge on her nemesis. Before work this morning I was in GF playing with building her house for Glimmerbrook. And looking at various houses on the gallery.

I hope we learn the lot sizes soon. She needs a fairly decent size. A 30x20 might be tight with her gardens. So a 30x30 is preferable. And I want her to have the best secluded lot there is. Since her curse she doesn't like socializing much and prefers time alone in her gardens and with her cat. And it will be best for her to be alone in her thoughts of revenge and focus on the task of how she is going to deal with Vlad.

The curse she lays on him is going to be far worse than the one he put on her. She knows that much.

liNdD2h.png?1
    Post edited by fullspiral on
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    I'm gonna have two half-sisters, Sahara SinClaire and Aeronwen O'Donell who are finally welcomed back into the witch community after the death of their mother. Aeronwen is a teen and focuses on mishief magic, and Sahara is a young adult who focuses on Practical magic, she is half-mermaid and is the reason her mother was exiled from glimmerbrooke in the first place. There mother kept their occult heritage a secret howeveer when she died the sages invited them back, to keep an eye on them.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I have a family in my rotational save that I've been waiting for this. Stella is going to be a witch--mostly good but maybe sometimes morally grey. Her husband is a scientist and I think I'll make him a witch but more so on the alchemy side (cuz potions!). He already knows herbalism from outdoor retreat so why not. Their house is a 40x40 which I hope is in the new world but I'm not sure. That was included with Brindleton but isn't as common of a lot so far. The house is a victorian house designed for all old and new packs so it has plenty of room and a room already devoted to witchcraft! :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This is going to be one of my Spellcasters. Her name is Caitlin Rains, and she will be getting new traits after I can add them. But at the moment she is connected to Mother Earth and her wonderful bounty, through gardening, and herbalism. At the moment she is in Windenburg, but she will be relocating to the new community in ROM.

69590769_1343762595774032_6309755575748001792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQlkaivCbgVcpOiWqLPMbKaOO7S0GOpQsOwicIxBdgbi4kZWLJ9HFBOTfQoj3xkmHy-6vU0hvs3yz9R_ywGGsBxg&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=631f0731895e10ea59f27ba764888449&oe=5DCC07FC
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Not yet. I want to wait until I get the actual game to make them so I can use all the new CAS items without having to redo everything.
    funny-gifs20.gif