Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bridgeport vs Starlit Shores: Let's VOTE

Which do you prefer and why?
giphy.gif

Bridgeport vs Starlit Shores: Let's VOTE 62 votes

Bridgeport
62%
nickibitswardLaBlue0314aprilroseRflong7lisamwittApparentlyAwesomezagboorulesMikezumiakaniki0emorrillcwaddelljillbgGabbyGirlJSPARKY1922stargururednenemonlarrylove12bekkasanGITTE2001mariajane216 39 votes
Starlit Shores
37%
Anmirlaalanmichael1tallcooloneSimplyJenAquariusMomHestiamw1525InfraGreenBettyboop55XxAirixXSuzyCue72Emo-usagi2187Sims4MagicalTalesthuggishsplicerstephAnie1864PalmArrowbudewarminGoulsquashSunnyyesjamsAvatarit 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Bridgeport
    I'd be lying if I said that I had actually looked around Starlight Shores but, in my defense, I only installed Showtime within the last year.
    I had to say Bridgeport because it has the beautiful Beau Merrick and that, alone, makes the world worthwhile to me :)
    Granted my Beau has had some work but I fell in love with him when I first played Bridgeport back in the day before I started using CC!
    35190687711_d798e9863c_o.jpg
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited August 2019
    I can't really vote, as I've played Starlight Shores as much as the poll got its name right. Without knowing the town, I would probably try it if I went for a Showtime career? The additions to Bridgeport always looked like an afterthought, which they are.

As for Bridgeport, I don't really love it, but I like all those dysfunctional townies. And the view from the other side of the bridge on the town, of course. In Bridgeport, my first Sims game ever took its start. Now, my memories are mixed, because I started out with the rather anti-social cooking career, and getting in and out of the apartment took up a long part of the day (I still don't really like apartments in this game, especially the elevator ping-pong). The only regular visitors my sim had were the teenage Elspeth Cook and said Beau Merrick. I have to admit I don't really recognize him in @Mikezumi 's image, but it sure is a great version.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited August 2019
    Starlit Shores
    It's OK to be in the minority...I think Starlight Shores has a little more character as a town (people notwithstanding, I think the pre-mades are exceptionally boring). My family's from California and it's aggressively Californian. It ran pretty well for me when I played a long game there and it has a more transit-friendly layout. But it's gonna boil down to which kind of city you want to see the most.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    A while ago I would have voted for Bridgeport. However, since I removed all the annoying proprietors and made over Starlight Shores, it also plays really nicely. I wouldn't want to have to pick between them any more.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Bridgeport
    Bridgeport ~ I like the illusion of dirt and grit.
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Bridgeport
    I actually do like Starlight Shores; it's a neat little town and the houses look spectacular.

It's the premades that make me not want to play in it as much (I find them all unpleasant in some way).

And Bridgeport seems to have a more appealing vibe to me anyway (glitches notwithstanding)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited August 2019
    Bridgeport
    I voted Bridgeport because I've played more games there and like that it is a city, although I now play the EllenCharmed version with the routing fixed. Would not play either town without NRaas Overwatch to take care of the excessive vehicles. Although i originally played Bridgeport unaltered I also fix any town I play in to suit me now.

To take care of congestion around elevators in high rises I alter the lot to include 2 elevator shafts. I find that Bridgeport has an excessive number of bars so I eliminate some. Some are replaced by pool halls, bowling alleys and venues, etc. Where they stuck the fire station is prime real estate. When I play in a mansion I use that lot (see current avi picture). My favorite vampire in Bridgeport is William Fangmann

I like Starlight Shores, it feels very southern California but I edit it too. I add a film back lot via a rabbit-hole door. I remove or edit many of the venues and use combo rabbit-holes to get more usable lots. I like the cemetery and genies.

Edited:
    William Fangmann used to be my favorite, I played several games with him. My current favorite is Vladimir Schlick. These are my versions of them:

tHkhWLM.jpg

w28tNgc.jpg
    J1JoVQy.jpg
    FNx9Nlz.jpg
    1j0uK01.jpg
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited August 2019
    Bridgeport
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Bridgeport ~ I like the illusion of dirt and grit.

exactly and I love playing those sorts of stories in your own bridgeport world as its so much bigger to play in :) and while Starlight shores has some appeal it's very different to me than a city vibe :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Bridgeport
    Vampires!
  • Options
    TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    Bridgeport
    cwaddell wrote: »

w28tNgc.jpg

Do you have the link to his hair? looks great
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited August 2019
    Bridgeport
    It’s Bridgeport for me.

I originally played BP unmodded, but using Overwatch definitely improves the experience. I also use ellacharmed’s BP with the routing fixes which helps too.

I’ve played a handful of saves in Starlight Shores—mostly with SHT performers, stylists and those in a film career, which is fun—but I play in BP much more often. Some of that is admittedly due to it being the only city world EA offered... Some stories just need a city setting, and BP is my go-to for those.

A few months back I completed a makeover of Bridgeport—replaced all the homes in the hills, redid some apartments, renovated the clubs and other community lots, etc.,—for my criminal legacy. The household can only earn money through a life of crime—being in one of the criminal RH career tracks, as hackers, fraudulent psychics (fortunetelling-scam artist), forgers (art appraiser-acquisition), fencing stolen goods at the pawn/consignment shop (using the klepto trait or other means), being black widows (gold digger LTW)... plus others I can’t mention here, lol. My founder is a thief and my current avi is his tomb-raiding wife.

A bigger pic of Journey, and one of my founder, Ransom:

Journey_zps5fivozzm.jpg

Ransom_zpsvbhivd8e.jpg

Anyway, I love the grungy vibe of Bridgeport and the residents are interesting with all their backstories and drama-filled interpersonal relationships. I always enjoy returning to Bridgeport.
    Post edited by starguru on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Bridgeport
    TroyTalks wrote: »

w28tNgc.jpg

Do you have the link to his hair? looks great

Here is a link for Rowansims Heartbreaker
    https://chazybazzy.tumblr.com/post/130081838502/rowansims-heartbreaker-teen-elder-male-only

ETA: @starguru I didn't see your post until after I made mine. :)
  • Options
    Bridgeport

ETA: @starguru I didn't see your post until after I made mine. :)
    No worries. Also, I'm pretty sure it was these screenshots of yours (from an older thread?) that had set me searching for this hair myself originally (I had to get it for my vamp-pirate, lol), so I still had the links handy. :)
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited August 2019
    Bridgeport
    I love the seedy "downtown" feeling of Bridgeport :) The high-rises, the inhabitants, everything! Starlight Shores is beautiful but rather bland in comparison :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Bridgeport

@starguru , your criminal legacy sounds interesting and fun.
  • Options
    Bridgeport
    @starguru , your criminal legacy sounds interesting and fun.
    Thanks! I'm not very far along in that particular save yet, but it has been entertaining so far! Very different from the way I normally play, which usually involves creating and selling things in some type of self-employment career. I thought it would be interesting to play Sims who are takers instead of makers for a change, and then decided to turn it into a legacy game. With this twist, I think I'll be able to keep things fun. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Starlit Shores
    Bridgeport looks very impressive, but in my experience Starlight Shores is livelier. Not only do the Showtime venues always attract more townies than Late Night bars, but I would always see cars passing by and at least some sims walking or hanging around in front of the rabbit holes. My magician would always find an audience when performing for tips:

mrbp6f.jpg

In Bridgeport there are parks where it's possible to meet townies, but the brick and concrete part of town has always been empty in my experience, and to me the life in the streets is what makes a city feel like a city. Starlight Shores has that, even though it's smaller.
  • Options
    TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    Bridgeport
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    Bridgeport looks very impressive, but in my experience Starlight Shores is livelier. Not only do the Showtime venues always attract more townies than Late Night bars, but I would always see cars passing by and at least some sims walking or hanging around in front of the rabbit holes. My magician would always find an audience when performing for tips...

That's actually a very good point. Starlight Shores is definitely more lively than Bridgeport and crowds aren't hard to find. Btw, I am glad that everyone seems forgiving of the fact I mispelled Starlight Shores in the title of the poll. It's been a long time since I played either town. I have been developing a legacy family in Moonlight Falls.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Starlit Shores
    I like Starlight Shores for several reasons with the number one being it's vampire-less population! I'm just not a fan of them. It's my personal goal to human-ize all of the pre-made vampires of that world >:) . I do like the vampire Sims of Bridgeport just not their natural life-state.

Bridgeport from an overhead view is constructed more like an actual (stereotypical) urban area. I do like that about it and I absolutely love that bridge and the city overlook point, those are top-notch!

I'm not a huge fan of the club-scene and there are way too many in that world. I also don't particularly care for the (backwards) hours. My Sims are used to starting their day at 5 or 6 in the morning, so for me, playing life in Bridgeport tends to feel like a bad case of 'jet lag'.

Starlight Shores suits my taste and play style because of it's open layout, bright sunny days and outdoor activities. It's also a lot easier for me to alter and maneuver through this town than Bridgeport.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Bridgeport
    The size, the look, the things to do, the vampires. Even the subway was cool in it's own way. It just had a cool vibe to it, like all of the Urbz in a neighborhood.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Starlit Shores
    Even though as EP I prefer LN over ST
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2019
    Starlit Shores
    I like Starlight Shores better for the Vampire free world, for the ease of adding everything to this town, the premade buildings, and some of the prebuilt homes are awesome. I've never played with the premade sims in that town, but my own sims had a true community with a ton to do in Starlight Shores.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Starlit Shores
    For many years I played TS3 with just the base game and a few stuff packs. My first EP was Showtime. It had just been released and I had been watching Quxxn's Lets Play. Therefore the first EP world I ever explored was Starlight Shores. I did not get Late Night until much later on and while I enjoy a lot of the gameplay and decor/CAS items the actual world simply never floated my boat. Agreed it was fantastic to have apartment living back in the game and some of the bars/clubs are fun it just doesn't appeal as much as Starlight Shores. Maybe if I had bought Late Night before Showtime things might have been different. A pity because Bridgeport is the closest thing we have to a city in the sims.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Bridgeport
    Well I have Bridgeport loading right now as I need to get some pictures for my story :)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg