Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ROM: Will there be covens?

Honestly that's all I wanna know. Can I, or can I not have sims perform group magic? The cauldron from the trailer made it look like it, but we all know how trailers can be misleading.

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Use er whatever pack makes groups and only invite mages?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have a feeling this will be a good option with the club system from Get Together.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

Well, yes, but they will have to add mage activities to the club options. And will they be able to use the cauldron at the same time, or will 2 just stand there while one conjurs. Or can they make a spell as a group. I'm thinking likely not. They will "watch".
  • SimeterySimetery Posts: 66 Member
    I doubt more than one sim could use the cauldron at once ( tho the idea sounds very cool!! ) Ill probably make a coven using clubs.
    This vaguely hints otherwise ts4-tile-realm-of-magic-16x9-01.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.jpg
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    trailers are often misleading.
    fullspiral wrote: »

it's not in the trailer
    Im skeptical because in both the trailer and that render only one sim is actively using the cauldron (the others are standing near by or spellcasting) but then...what was the point of making the cauldron so large?? Maybe it can be used by more than one sim!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Simetery wrote: »
    Im skeptical because in both the trailer and that render only one sim is actively using the cauldron (the others are standing near by or spellcasting) but then...what was the point of making the cauldron so large?? Maybe it can be used by more than one sim!

Well the cauldron can also make food, so maybe it’s big enough to feed the whole family? 😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I would think that group rituals could be a thing if the cauldron is that big. It definitely doesn't look like a single size. Maybe that's what the three glowing runes are for on the floor? (Seen in the trailer.) It's common in Witch lore to have the triad, or three Fates, (or three Sages) so maybe we'll be able to queue up a trio of Spellcasters to do some spells together.
    #Team Occult

it's not in the trailer

oh. okay. I hope we find out more soon! But so far in this game, most items are only usable by a single sim at a time. Even though bowling is a group....they still all just stand and wait their turn. It really doesn't even feel or look like a group activity. Same with basketball, etc. So it's a wait and see......for me.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Ah man, I remember séances from My Sims. Doesn’t seem like it’ll make a return, but that would’ve been a great group activity
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    I forgot about seances!! If I remember right you could have them at the Goth house in bustin out. Also I miss bonehilda!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

it's not in the trailer

oh. okay. I hope we find out more soon! But so far in this game, most items are only usable by a single sim at a time. Even though bowling is a group....they still all just stand and wait their turn. It really doesn't even feel or look like a group activity. Same with basketball, etc. So it's a wait and see......for me.

Well, that's how bowling works IRL.
    funny-gifs20.gif

it's not in the trailer

Well, no. IRL, you talk to each other, write down scores, watch, laugh, etc. That's NOT what they do in the game. lol
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

it's not in the trailer

Well, no. IRL, you talk to each other, write down scores, watch, laugh, etc. That's NOT what they do in the game. lol

Well, maybe it's just me, but I'm sure the scores show up on a screen. :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I would think that group rituals could be a thing if the cauldron is that big. It definitely doesn't look like a single size. Maybe that's what the three glowing runes are for on the floor? (Seen in the trailer.) It's common in Witch lore to have the triad, or three Fates, (or three Sages) so maybe we'll be able to queue up a trio of Spellcasters to do some spells together.

Yep this is what I mean. I know I could technically make one using the GT club system, but I want some group rituals. I want there to be certain spells that require more than one spellcaster, or maybe doing the magic together helps the chances a spell actually working.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Well, yes, but they will have to add mage activities to the club options. And will they be able to use the cauldron at the same time, or will 2 just stand there while one conjurs. Or can they make a spell as a group. I'm thinking likely not. They will "watch".

Afaik one of the Gurus said on twitter that they'll be adding RoM activities to the Get Together club system.
    Otherwise there's also the Actions and creating a group option that results in "Do X together" with a bunch of things your Sims can do together.

I'm not 100% sure about cauldrons but it does seem so far that it will be something that 3 Sims (which I think is the magic number for non-Club non-Group groups) can use together. With the Club system though, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to create Covens.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited August 2019
    It would be really cool if the cauldron could be used by more than more person at a time to perform group rituals. Might work similarly to the fight against the mother plant in StrangerVille, with one sim being in charge and telling the others what to do, and depending on everyone's individual magic skills, the results may or may not be pretty.

But whether or not that will be the case, GT's list of club activities will surely be updated to accommodate magic. I guess you could even make a magic fight club as well. Now I wonder if the magic realm will show up as a possible hangout.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    There will probably be something you can do with the club system to make a coven.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I'm hoping there will be some magical group activities cause I will def create a coven and make them a hangout in the forest with a bonefire to dance arround but that can not be all they do.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    There has to be. I already Have my Mages Council Assembled. So far I only have three Mages, We are suppose to be a council of Seven.
    Lord Kaegan Is Master of Everything therefore he is the Archmage. He tends to focus on Light Magic, Enchantments and Prophecy more.
    Lord Daerick is Kaegan's Dark Equivalent. The Master of Dark Magic, Prophecy and Alchemy
    Lady Vivian is Kaegan's Wife. Her magic is Nature Based.

As for the other four Spell casters... I'm not sure who I would temporarily put on the council. I know when Kaegan and Vivian, have a Child, Julia, will take a seat on the Council. and In the distant future Julia's Children, Desireé and my simself Mason.

The Mages of Briarheart are a group of Scholars, they go on adventures and collect powerful, mystical, and legendary artifacts and books.
    The are also Protectors of Magic and Uphold the magical Laws In the name of King Henry of Briarheart.

So between King Henry's Castle (In windenburg) and Kaegan and Daerick's Chateau (Also in Windenburg but thinking of moving the house to Glimmerbrook), those are going to be their hangout Spots. Kaegan is Henry's trusted Advisor and Best friend (Arthur and Merlin relationship), and pays very close attention to Magic. The King doesn't fear magic, He's fascinated by it and encourages it. and allows Kaegan to make the Laws when it comes to Magic. (In my game there's no "secrecy of Magic") Just the common laws of magic, Necromancy, Controlling Hearts(I'm still clinging to it.) and Time Travel Spells are Illegal. not that it can't be done it shouldn't be done.

Anyway They have the Mage's Tower, and the Library In the East Wing of the castle, where they store All their findings.

In time I hope to have the West Wing filled with the Knights of Briarheart They'll have the King's War room where they'll plan their sieges and battles walls decorated with shields and trophies from war. wit the Feast Hall below.
    I would really like Sword fighting added as a hobby, maybe Blacksmithing could be a thing too in the future.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2019
    You'll probably have to make them through clubs.
    Post edited by mika on
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    I believe the cauldron is huge and has 3 positions for a reason.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

The club-system is so useful. I am looking forward to seeing what we can do with it. Hope they can show some of it on the livestream :)