March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who do you put in as Townies?

I'm just curious. How many people put in their favorite movie or tv characters in as Townie sims?

I actually do it all the time. I have a template world that I use for new games and have it filled with my favorites:

Xena & Gabrielle (I was a huge fan back in the day, deal with it!)
Kara Danvers & Lena Luthor (Supergirl)
Max, Chloe, Victoria, Kate, Rachel (Life is Strange)
Kara, Alice, Chloe, Connor (Detroit Become Human)
Elsa & Anna (Frozen)
Liara T'Soni, Tali (Mass Effect - Wouldn't mind a Turian model for Garrus)
Yvonne Strahovski (My only Global Superstar)

A lot of those I have CC to make them more realistic, like Asari hair for Liara, all the Detroit CC, Elsa's hair and clothing, supergirl outfit...etc.

Comments

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I have a leonardo dicaprio i got from the gallery.
    Some Lord of the Rings characters.
    The characters from the Good Place.
    Some Disc World sims I made.
    The Spice girls.
    And Navarre,Phillipe and Isabeau from the movie Ladyhawke.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited August 2019
    Wow, haven't thought of Ladyhawke in a while. Wouldn't mind seeing those sims!

Maybe once Realm of Magic comes out, you could have Navarre turn into a wolf and Isabeau turn into a hawk?
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I didn't know you could create your own townies. I'm very new to the Sims franchise and have created characters but thought you had to play them. How do you add them to your game as townies?
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 825 Member
    I recently added Phoebe, Monica and Rachel from Friends to my neighborhood. I got them from the Gallery, really impressively done btw, then I changed them a bit (hairstyle mostly) to make them look like in Season 1.
    ve2ehju6wkp4.png

Simmin' since 2000
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I have Manson, Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain and Chris Martin of that counts...
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,925 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    I didn't know you could create your own townies. I'm very new to the Sims franchise and have created characters but thought you had to play them. How do you add them to your game as townies?

Put them in a house, and mark them as Unplayed. You can even kick them out, but there is a possibility that they might be culled.
  • sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    edited August 2019

Just some brief instructions:

Load a game you have created.

Initial map screen where you select the household to play is Manage Worlds Mode, this is what you want to use.
    If you are playing a Sim you can get back to this mode using F5 (Manage Worlds in top right corner, looks like a grid with a map pin).

When you create a household do not click the checkmark in the bottom right, instead save to library using the folder icon in the top right.

Once you have some households in the library, open the library in Manage Worlds Mode (F4 or Photo icon on top right).

Select a household and then place using icon in bottom right.

Select a lot and then click the truck icon to move household there.

Confirm and you will see you are still in Manage Worlds mode with the household now placed but not active.

• AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Addams family, Barbie and Ken, Sabrina Spellman, and Dorian Gray.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Mostly iconic video game characters. I have Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, Lara Croft, Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, Tails (who was way more annoying to create than he should've been tbh), Rouge and Amy Rose. Thinking of adding some characters from my fav fighting games next (Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Tekken, Killer Instinct, etc.)

There are several ways, the easiest way I've found is to just create a new sim, when you're done and you go back to the town screen, just click cancel when prompted to move them into a house. (If you move them into a house immediately it automatically plays them, then you have to go back out again and turn off "Played") Then just pull them up in the household manager and move them into a house. BAM. Instant townie.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Put them in a house, and mark them as Unplayed. You can even kick them out, but there is a possibility that they might be culled.

If you have MCCC and really don't want them culled, MCCC allows you to set a flag on individual sims to never cull.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,368 Member
    When I started a save with a Sim who was going to be a comedian I made Robin Williams as his neighbor. They became co-workers and best friends.
    I also added Hannibal Lecter on another save and Louis De Pointe du Lac, Lestat de Lioncourt and Armand on my vampires save.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Emma Watson (a personal hero), Kristen Ritter ( super bada** ), and Wallis Currie_Wood (she makes me smile). That was before I lost all my saves.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I use characters from the show primeval sometimes and Disney characters sometimes. Some of my saves I just do my own characters though
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Most of the main characters from Elfquest. Ronnie James Dio. Ozzy. A bunch of Dragonlance characters. Belgarion and crew. Most of mine are from books or music.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    I have a few. The Golden Girls. Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte from SATC, Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, and some characters from HP. Dumbledore, Snape, Harry, Ron, Hermione.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I have Disney, Veronica Mars cast, Riverdale, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Buffy, Lucifer, Supernatural, Dragon Age, Pretty Little Liars, Revenge, Mr. Robot and etc. some are whole casts, others are one or two characters. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Most of the main characters from Elfquest. Ronnie James Dio. Ozzy. A bunch of Dragonlance characters. Belgarion and crew. Most of mine are from books or music.

Elfquest is a great idea! I may need to create some for my world. 👍
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Thank you to everyone who gave instructions for adding townies. I'll need to try it.
    Wow, love all those! Now I don't feel so weird putting in all my favs. Even got some new ideas!
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Tbh its tends to be whatever CC of characters I can find, like recently I made it a challenge to fill every house in the game with some popular fictional character (the reason is the fact I hate all the pear shaped townies that invade my game)

It can lead to weird/funny moments like at one point I had Joker from Batman, Joker from Persona, Marshall lee, and some other person I'm forgetting (they had gray hair or something) all at Waluigi's birthday party.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Working on some Steven Universe ones! Got Peridot and Lapis in one house and will move Bismuth in as soon as I find hair that works for her, will have Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, and Steven in another.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sadly no elfquest characters yet....but they need to go in there! I do have David Bowie, Trent Reznor, Elvis Presley in there. A couple of neanderthals, vampire tinkerbell, a mermaid mobster. certain religious figures it makes me laugh when they call on the phone. Eddie and Ritchie from Bottom, Stephen King, Donald Trump and Pitler share a house and both wear maids outfits in my game. I'd put Boris Johnson in there but I have to draw the line somewhere. Then there's a few people who have really annoyed me I need someone to beat up on brawl day. I anthropomorphized my dogs and guinea pigs because I could and some of the cast of Niel Gaiman's Sandman series. Oh and TheLonnykins Seth Green went in there too because I've always liked his vibe.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Elfquest is my dream franchise pack. I have no idea if the Pini's would touch the Sims with a ten foot pole but I can still hope.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Dragonballz characters, Mass Effect, Deadpool, Star Wars and Sailor moon, Legacy of Kain and a lot of the other original townies I tend to keep. I've even gotten Matthew Hamming, the Hemlocks and a few others from the sims 3 into ts4.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios