Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Those driveways are the one thing I dislike about Glimmerbrook (some of them seem bigger than the actual lot they're leading up to). It made sense in the uptown of StrangerVille because that was supposed to be the richer, more elaborate district, but in the middle of the forest? I'm going to replace the house and the family on the 40x30 lot with a household of powerful, respected witches, so the fancy driveway makes sense in that case, but I was actually hoping for a secluded, off-the-grid-looking world like Granite Falls, and the driveways kind of ruin that.

I also think most of the premade houses have been very ugly lately (especially in Del Sol Valley), but that's the smaller issue because, even though not all of us are builders, at least houses can be changed or replaced - the world around them can't. And what is with the inside of the mansion in the magic realm? Is it just me, or did that one look much better (and less empty) in the trailers?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Do not get fooled by those driveways it is just an illusion to make one think there is more to Sims 4. Most of the stuff is decor only and give you the illusion that it is real but it is not.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    bizuktag wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    We've never been able to change what they create on the periphery of the boundaries they give us. And much of the time, it's something opulent, or forcing the player to build within that parameter to "fit" for cohesiveness in the world.

Even if they never give us Create a World, I WISH that they gave us tools to change the common areas of neighbourhoods. I hate the tall cypress trees lined up with driveway stones that we can't even match in the game.

I wondered if this bothered anyone as much as it bothers me! I can't stand it. There's a lot in Strangerville I wanted to use for a broken-down ranch overlooking the valley... only to discover a couple large fancy planters in the driveway. Off the lot. Completely unremovable.

Same issue exists throughout the worlds. Their insistence at putting in streetlights, flower baskets, park benches etc lock the world into a certain vibe or style. If they never add CAW, I really hope they give us tools to edit world deco and lots. And paintable ceilings.

More "on topic", I'm curious to see Glimmerbrook for myself and see what I can do with the area. I just wish, again, they hadn't put in all the streetlights and driveways. Oh well.

It bothers me as it decreases creativity, you can only do so much on an lot that is static.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Hmm... I bulldoze everything pretty much. Prefer to use builds from the gallery so it doesn’t bother me.
    And good for you, but if we don't want to, we shouldn't have to. A pack should not be shipped with non functional basic placeholder lots because some players will replace them.
    Not everyone downloads on the gallery or has building skills. A game you buy should be good to play as is...

Yeah, I can see that people who are more into building than me find this irksome. It is interesting to hear what others get excited about, there are other parts of the game that hold such importance to me.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Okay. I love the world and the woods parts of it looks really rustic. I love the roadways I've seen also the bridges ect.. Adding lot sizes are fine to me and although it's not a popular opinion I like the smaller lot hoods.

I am not really liking the driveways with the formal landscaping and planters that we can't change. So here's my sad face for that :(
    I was hoping it would look more backwoods I guess and that's what I get for assuming what it will be. I can and will work with it of course as it's a gorgeous area to me. I guess my no road/ wilderness sims will stay on the island in Windenburg.

Exactly!! I hate the driveways as it really doesn't fit in with the whole woodsy atmosphere or my build but I am putting my cottage there none the less. I will make it work. I do wish there was one more lot that was 40x30.
  • RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    I'm completely down with hating the driveways, especially that huge, concrete parkinglot-type monstrosity on the bar lot!
    The others are at least somewhat unobtrusive but that grey eyesore completely ruins the whole vibe of what I would personally want Glimmerbrook to look like/exude. I was hoping they would be removable with a mod of some sort, but if that was possible such a mod would already exist of course.
    Dirt tracks and more "hidden in the trees" lots would be much appreciated and also more fitting with the rest of the neighbourhood.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah I saw that coming, In general i don't love it when they design the public space around the lot to look like it's suppose to be "my property"
    I'm If building an estate and I want to design the drive way all the way to the Main gate and the fence that surrounds the property. So Brindleton bay I don't like the 64x64 lot with the rotary, fountain and the gate. because the house I put there already comes with a Gate and wall.
    So, I mean I don't really care for the driveways I've built a courtyard and a rotary myself in front of my sim's house.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah I saw that coming, In general i don't love it when they design the public space around the lot to look like it's suppose to be "my property"
    I'm If building an estate and I want to design the drive way all the way to the Main gate and the fence that surrounds the property. So Brindleton bay I don't like the 64x64 lot with the rotary, fountain and the gate. because the house I put there already comes with a Gate and wall.
    So, I mean I don't really care for the driveways I've built a courtyard and a rotary myself in front of my sim's house.

Jupp, the more they design the driveway the more difficult it is to adapt it to something other than a fancy house. I just try to ignore that when I play, works better sometimes than other. Statues and expensive stuff are the worst because they can really clash with what you put up.
  • DuskregnDuskregn Posts: 40 Member
    I'm disappointed that it's basically a slightly bedazzled granite falls. Wish they weren't so similar, or the majority of the lots were in the magic realm instead. Also i want those pale lilac mushrooms around the world in build/buy, they're adorable and we don't have enough decor mushrooms. Has anyone been able to find them in debug/liveeditobjects?
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    To be honest, I was quite disappointed with Glimmerbrook. I was expecting a few more residential and community lots, instead we have two occupied residents, a vacant one, an empty one and a bar. The bar is nice though, I have to admit that. But, I'm not complaining, I do enjoy the pack, and the magic realm is awesome, so it takes a lot more to ruin the experience for me. :smile:
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    It does look a nice world! Reminds me of Hidden Springs. :)

Agreed. That is what I thought when I saw the forest with pine trees :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited September 2019
    I personally have just decided to see it as a magical village nearby Granite Falls, a little ways from the Hermit's home
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited September 2019
    mika wrote: »
    I personally have just decided to see it as a magical village nearby Granite Falls, a little ways from the Hermit's home

Yeah, I'm not sure if the layout works, but I see Glimmerbrook as that little town you hit when you overshoot the turn for Granite falls (with Forgotten Hollow just a little further up the bend... on the other side of an old train tunnel through the mountains.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Those driveways are the one thing I dislike about Glimmerbrook (some of them seem bigger than the actual lot they're leading up to). It made sense in the uptown of StrangerVille because that was supposed to be the richer, more elaborate district, but in the middle of the forest? I'm going to replace the house and the family on the 40x30 lot with a household of powerful, respected witches, so the fancy driveway makes sense in that case, but I was actually hoping for a secluded, off-the-grid-looking world like Granite Falls, and the driveways kind of ruin that.

I also think most of the premade houses have been very ugly lately (especially in Del Sol Valley), but that's the smaller issue because, even though not all of us are builders, at least houses can be changed or replaced - the world around them can't. And what is with the inside of the mansion in the magic realm? Is it just me, or did that one look much better (and less empty) in the trailers?

I also felt the driveways were random, especially since sims that can fly on brooms and use magic to teleport wouldn't need to drive cars. It's obvious they put them there as preperation for cars, but the other worlds don't have driveways so I don't see the point.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I love this world.

anbBUNb.png

T1EgiDU.png

TF8QuoI.png

64FMUFk.png

CKQk0Je.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I love this world.

anbBUNb.png

T1EgiDU.png

TF8QuoI.png

64FMUFk.png

CKQk0Je.png

Gorgeous, aw little puppy!

I’ve yet to experience winter, in any world lol.
    I’m playing on a long seasonal rotation. I thought I’d be in fall by now, but spring is just ending.

I can’t wait to see it all.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    I'm disappointed the waterfalls and streams don't have any sound. I dont know if that's a bug or intentional but the Realm world waterfalls and streams have sound Glimmerbrook doesn t.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I'm disappointed the waterfalls and streams don't have any sound. I dont know if that's a bug or intentional but the Realm world waterfalls and streams have sound Glimmerbrook doesn t.

I have sound for the waterfalls in Glimmerbrook. I don’t know about the Realm though.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    Do you think the driveways indicate a car pack? That was my first thought when I saw GB, it's a car world. I would have liked at least some swimable areas in the river so that mermaids can also live in the magic world. That should be standard after IP.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Do you think the driveways indicate a car pack? That was my first thought when I saw GB, it's a car world. I would have liked at least some swimable areas in the river so that mermaids can also live in the magic world. That should be standard after IP.

They are really big driveways.... I have great hope that that means more areas for future cars.
    egTcBMc.png
  • RealTeacherPlaysRealTeacherPlays Posts: 40 Member
    It's fall in my game now... looks a little gloomy but overall I like the reclusive feel of it
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member

I have sound for the waterfalls in Glimmerbrook. I don’t know about the Realm though.

Hmm I wonder why I don't have sound. Even zooming in in tab mode I dont hear it.
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    Duskregn wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that it's basically a slightly bedazzled granite falls. Wish they weren't so similar, or the majority of the lots were in the magic realm instead. Also i want those pale lilac mushrooms around the world in build/buy, they're adorable and we don't have enough decor mushrooms. Has anyone been able to find them in debug/liveeditobjects?

Things like Glimmerbrook really make me miss the Sims 3 and the ability to really make the worlds so vastly different! Even the same world could be made unique
    Simming for twenty years...
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited September 2019
    Everyone thinking the driveways means cars are coming.....You can't plunk ANYTHING down outside your lot when you build. What makes you think you can plunk your car out in the common area?

You can't. You will, however, be able to extend that driveway in to your lot ( with different looking stone bc we can never match common area terrain paints) And then....when you extend your drive for your cars on to your 20x30 lot....you have no back yard, and not much house!

I really think the world design team needs to get it together regarding the common area in the worlds they build.
    Duskregn wrote: »

Things like Glimmerbrook really make me miss the Sims 3 and the ability to really make the worlds so vastly different! Even the same world could be made unique

I feel the same for no matter what house you lay down the neighborhood is still the same ole, same ole.