Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animation you don't like in game?

Is there an animation you really don't like in the game? For me is the Cute wave animation from the flirt interaction... I hated it since the first time I saw it and it still grosses me out every time I see it.

Comments

• WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    The "seeing a sim with a pristine reputation" animations, mostly because 1. they're incredibly disruptive and 2. when I play families, I'll see siblings, children, parents, etc. fawning over their relatives in a way that, frankly, just looks wrong.

Idle animations annoy me when they play instead of whatever else I'm trying to get a sim to do.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    The "hunt for eggs" animation in Seasons. They don't act like they're actually searching for them. They just run over to the clump of grass or whatever that you clicked on and do the usual "collecting" swipe. So disappointed. :bawling: Lol.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited August 2019
    The hypnotized blood sucking animation
    Nothing wrong with it, but they look like they are enjoying it waaaay too much. I mean seriously look at it
    FhNujaK.jpg
    EMrBkJP.png
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    WaitWhatYT wrote: »
    The "seeing a sim with a pristine reputation" animations, mostly because 1. they're incredibly disruptive and 2. when I play families, I'll see siblings, children, parents, etc. fawning over their relatives in a way that, frankly, just looks wrong.

Idle animations annoy me when they play instead of whatever else I'm trying to get a sim to do.

Ugh ... the idle animations... I disabled them ages ago... They are annoying as plum!
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    The walking animation when the Sim really needs to pee.
    The generic hug animation. Not that it's badly animated, but the sheer quantity of it occurring gets old.
    The passing out animation. I get that The Sims has a generally goofy tone, but come on. The fact that there's only one passing out animation doesn't help.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    The Animation that plays when a Sim passes out from lack of sleep, I just want to kick them when their butts are up in the air.
    New mischief/mean interaction? Gurus we need this please
    MMX wrote: »
    The passing out animation. I get that The Sims has a generally goofy tone, but come on. The fact that there's only one passing out animation doesn't help.
    Personally I like the goofyness of it, but they could add another animation. It could be like the one from Sims 3, It was hilarious to see them wobble abit then suddenly fall onto their backs.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't really like how the Holiday Tradition completion animation is the same as the WooHoo acceptance animation :#
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    olvrbsn wrote: »
    Ts4Gyb4.gif

This is the face that I made when i saw the woohoo acceptance animation first time 😂
    That's not the only thing that made me question the target demographic of TS4.
  • AgenaAgena Posts: 36 Member
    The evil laugh. It annoys me to no end.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't mind the wave... but I hate the "sexy pose" animation haha.

Also when Sims pass out, except toddlers, the toddlers are adorable.

And the "toilet walk" . If a Sim has to use the toilet that badly they should run for it, not walk ridiculously slow and end up wetting themselves haha. The toilet walk would be great for a toddler as it's more realistic, but toddlers don't get that animation when they have low bladder
  • halihali Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2019
    Base game:
    -Doors opening to sims as if every door in game has an automatic sensor.
    -Every sim happily talking to every other sim regardless of relationship, context, traits, environment, etc (i.e. idle autonomous happy-faced chatter).
    -Sims sitting down to talk to other sims with their back to them, not facing them whilst conversing. ???
    -Unskilled/low cooking skilled sims preparing a garden salad and momentarily breaking to pick their ear then continuing to toss salad.

EP:
    - Recycled animation of tossing a drink in a possessed sim's face to cure them (Strangerville).
    - Group dancing (GT). Not a fan of the animation. Maybe if there were more variety in the style of dancing there is?

[Edited because “lack of special animation for first time mermaid transformation and lack of animation for curing mer-ism (IL)”, as I had originally posted isn’t an animation, it’s a lack thereof.]
    Post edited by hali on
    hali wrote: »
    -Sims sitting down to talk to other sims with their back to them, not facing them whilst conversing. ???

On this note, sims who are sitting deciding to get up and hug each other (or shake hands or kiss or whatever) before sitting back down to resume conversation.
  • halihali Posts: 66 Member
    > @WaitWhatYT said:
    > hali wrote: »
    >
    > -Sims sitting down to talk to other sims with their back to them, not facing them whilst conversing. ???
    >
    >
    > On this note, sims who are sitting deciding to get up and hug each other (or shake hands or kiss or whatever) before sitting back down to resume conversation.

*lol* Exactly--I don't like the musical-chair-do-as-they-randomly-please bizarre conversing animation-jumble either. I wonder what's coded in the game to make the sims decide to do that even if autonomy is turned off.
    hali wrote: »
    *lol* Exactly--I don't like the musical-chair-do-as-they-randomly-please bizarre conversing animation-jumble either. I wonder what's coded in the game to make the sims decide to do that even if autonomy is turned off.

I've noticed that something about sims talking seems to override freewill. I've had it turned off (in general and for selected sim) and still had sims selecting their own socials when already engaged in conversation with each other (usually for worse as they end up randomly yelling at the other sim, or flirting with them when they shouldn't).
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2019
    Does the awful pregnancy walk count as an animation? The way they lean so far back and walk with their legs in such an ugly awkward way.
  • olvrbsnolvrbsn Posts: 45 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    The first kiss animation. Not so much because it's bad, more because it's so ill-suited for anyone that's supposed to be older than 12

Oh this too. I really wish i am able to designate the first kiss animation only for teens...
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    The complete lack of a proper animation when sims get on or off a boat. They just teleport. When it comes to Island Living, people usually complain about toddlers reusing the pool animation from Seasons when playing in shallow waters, but at least they have one...

Speaking of teleportation, the teleport animation sims learn with a high Welness skill is too slow. Unless you're exploring the Selvadoradian jungle, your sim might as well just walk from A to B in the meantime.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Woohoo fist bump.

This one is in my opinion the worst of the worst. Childish and so random, who does that? I never understood the thought process behind it.
    Apart from that one, I dislike the "sexy pose" one, and I find the kisses in general are too prude. I miss TS2 romantic interactions so much!

I also dislike all the shortcuts: teleportation, not getting anything from the cupboards when cooking, objects appearing and dissapearing from their hands like a magic trick, and the recycling of animation, how most social interactions have the same animations.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Woohoo fist bump.

This one is in my opinion the worst of the worst. Childish and so random, who does that? I never understood the thought process behind it.
    Apart from that one, I dislike the "sexy pose" one, and I find the kisses in general are too prude. I miss TS2 romantic interactions so much!

I also dislike all the shortcuts: teleportation, not getting anything from the cupboards when cooking, objects appearing and disappearing from their hands like a magic trick, and the recycling of animation, how most social interactions have the same animations.

Agree with all of this. I totally cringe every time I see that fist bump.

I'm surprised people dislike the passing out animation. I just think it's funny.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited August 2019
    I hate the "Passionate Kiss" animation because it's anything but that - too comical and stupid.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2019
    When a sim changes the diaper on a toddler and then breathes in the air like they are enjoying it. It's the same animation when a sim eats good cooked food. It looks so wrong.

"Ah, yes, I do enjoy the smell of toddler farts in the evening."