Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build a house or get one off the gallery?

1235...Next

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Get a house off the gallery for simplicity
    I don’t have the patience or skill to build a good looking house from scratch. They all look very square-ish when I finish lol
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Build a home
    There are odd times I get them off the gallery but I always end up changing them. I find that many of the houses on the gallery are just made for many downloads and are not always practical for game play.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Silver_Ghost925Silver_Ghost925 Posts: 40 Member
    Build a home
    I do enjoy building the houses instead of downloading. But I also do look for reference images online to decide what I'd like and get a sense on what sort of decoration to use.
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Build a home
    I build mostly because I'm too picky about rooflines.
  • Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I go to the gallery I'm not nor ever have been good at building houses. If I ever do it's basically just some walls thrown up.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I don't have the patience to build a house, so I just get them off of the gallery.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2019
    Build a home
    I'd like a section on the Gallery for architect type plans, just the skeleton of a house with walls and roof built, ready for you to use your own doors, windows and decorations and objects for the packs you have. The game has come so far with over 45 million lots that it is impossible to find what you want without a lot of scrolling and you might miss a very useable house with just a couple of items from a pack you don't have. I cannot remember now what came from which and am now not prepared to make allowances and leave packs out of my builds.. Downloading unfurnished isn't enough.

There should be a separate section for creative builders wanting appreciation of their building skills as a lot of those contain such a load of moo and CC most of us find them impossible to play. I am getting to resent those Maxis faves that I keep getting notified about whilst playing.

Nobody ever said thank you anyway so I've taken my lots off even though I was getting a lot of downloads.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'd like a section on the Gallery for architect type plans, just the skeleton of a house with walls and roof built, ready for you to use your own doors, windows and decorations and objects for the packs you have. The game has come so far with over 45 million lots that it is impossible to find what you want without a lot of scrolling and you might miss a very useable house with just a couple of items from a pack you don't have. I cannot remember now what came from which and am now not prepared to make allowances and leave packs out of my builds.. Downloading unfurnished isn't enough.

There should be a separate section for creative builders wanting appreciation of their building skills as a lot of those contain such a load of moo and CC most of us find them impossible to play. I am getting to resent those Maxis faves that I keep getting notified about whilst playing.

Nobody ever said thank you anyway so I've taken my lots off even though I was getting a lot of downloads.

I would like a build your own houseplans section. I've downloaded a few lots for speed and variety but I'd be interested in this.

I will say that I find roofing more than square or rectangular houses to be a bit frustrating compared to previous versions. I guess I need to a tutorial or two.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Build a home
    I've downloaded and modified a couple restaurants and houses over the years, but 99% of the time I build my own. I love building/decorating, it's what got me started playing Sims in the first place! <3
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Build a home
    When I play The Sims, it's almost impossible for me to tolerate using other people's creations... not because they're awful... but because I'm the kind of person who wants everything in their game to be 100% my creation. I think it's more of a feeling of satisfaction.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    I used to build. Loved it. Back in the time before I was a mother. Now I just ain't got time to build houses :P