Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainbow Sundae: A very berry legacy! (Updates sporadically)

Comments

• Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Thanks for the link! It was region locked. Blah. How silly.
  • Options
    One chapter for today. Starting to wrap up this storyline for now...
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I didn’t know that. That’s bad :/

Oh my gosh. What’s wrong with Journey?! 😳

That chapter is ... brutal :#

But the cops look funny :joy:

I wonder how Izzy will react to all this. If she’ll ever find out.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I have no idea what is wrong with Journey. Too many years of being stressed mentally and emotionally, just caused her to snap.

I tried to not describe too much or go too far into the characters heads so that way it would be less horrifying. Cause it’s a pretty messed up pair or chapters. I don’t like writing gory scenes in depth.

The cops look hilarious! They look like they are wearing Star Trek costumes with do-rags on their head. Like wait what? That mod is bizarre!

I had Dorian to tell the cops that Journey was the killer so they handcuffed her and then grabbed a rope and where pulled out of the building by a helicopter. In the building. Lol what?

Izzy will find out. Since Aaron and Dorian still hang out. I don’t know how she’d react.
  • Options
    A lot did happen to cause her to snap. But the way she snapped means there was more, maybe.

I feel you in this a lot. When I planned to have Stephan die I thought about fighting scence and to show how he dies. But I pushed all those ideas aside and only showed the "aftermath" and let the rest to the readers' imagination. Even in books I always feel it must be weird to write brutal scenes. The more detailed it is, the more I think "wth is wrong with the author?" :D I've once read a series of 4 or 5 books about a fantasy world where all kinds of creators were enemies, so a lot of fights happened in there. And the author described the killing, injuring and the injuries, too, extremely detailed. I mean, the image I got from all the scenes was very detailed but gosh... how messed up can someone be to come up with THAT? :D I sometimes had to put the book down and take a deep breath :joy:

They wear the pilot uniforms from the astronaut career I think :D

That sounds a bit... over the top for a normal "handcuff scene" lol

I can see Izzy feeling bad about it. After all that went down between her and Miri, they were friends from kids to young adults. I hope it won't break her completly. But I'm 100% sure she won't give Dorian another chance. Like "now that she's gone you think I take you back because she can't steal you away anymore?"
  • Options
    Eeeewph. I hate long graphic descriptions like that. I prefer when fight scenes are more focused on the cool moves instead of the damage it deals. Like...
    The swordsman raised his sword above his head. The sunlight glinted off the steel. His muscles were knotted coils as he swung the blade down on his enemy.

I don't want to know what happened when it cleaved through the person. That's too much. Just tell us that it cleaved through the dude and move on. That's enough.

Hmm. Astronaut outfits make sense. I never use that career so I forget about it. I once had a guy marry a girl that was at the top of the Astronaut career though. She was the Intersteller Smuggler, except she was Erratic, so it was like... are you really a space pirate or are you just bonkers?

• Options
    It depends on what the book is about. There was a huge focus on the fighting skills of some characters or just the brutality of certain creatures. Those creatures even got their own series :D They are called Albae, the evil version of elves. The author is German but maybe the books are translated into English. But I doubt you'd want to read them :D

The outfit looked familiar straight away :D It can only be from the Astronaut career. I think there's a pilot job at some point. I play it sometimes because it brings a lot of cash :D

Bahahaha! I hope she's just bonkers and makes it all up :joy:

Grandparents who look as young as the grandkids :joy:

The moment you realize all your cool young sims will turn into typical moms, dads, gramps and nanas one day :o
  • Options
    I think the idea of thinking of even the people you know in real life will be parents and then grandparents... that’s too weird.
  • Options
    One of my friends I've known since my school years recently had a baby. I still can't see her as a mom :sweat_smile: Same with my sister.
  • Options
    Most my former friends from high school have kids now... so very weird. Meanwhile... I got cats?
  • Options
    Haha same :joy: Who needs a baby if you have a cat?
  • Options
    Hey my Pumpkin Spices! Just popping in to let you know that I’ve been featuring illustrations of each of the heirs and their spouses. Also shared a peek at what Dorian’s house will be! Byes.... loooves
  • Options
    The illustrations are awesome! :love:

I haven’t seen the house yet. Time to check it out B)
  • Options
    I’m glad you like the illustrations. They’ve been really fun to do!
  • Options
    Hey! I actually posted a story update. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, the no cc thing :joy: It took me forever to recognize them lol

Aw! Aaron will be a great dad. I’m sure :)
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, the no cc thing :joy: It took me forever to recognize them lol

Aw! Aaron will be a great dad. I’m sure :)

They look so awful with no CC... just bald weirdos. Except Matilda, cause her hair is just one of the Uni ones in the default turquoise. Clothes are fine since I don’t use CC clothes.

I ended up having to roll back to November 24th which was my last back up copy. Since the restore files didn’t have anything older than December 14th, the day after the patch.

That means that Miri is actually alive in this save, lol. In the actual save, Cristal is Dorian’s biological daughter... so she actually has both parents alive in this save. That’s good for her. Haha.

I think Aaron is gonna do alright. I was so shocked when I popped over to their house and saw it was twins. I had to completely revamp that house for them!
  • Options
    I can't play without CC anymore :/ And I have clothes and hair CC :D

Wait, why did you have to use a back up copy?

Does that mean Cristal can be heir?

His mom's reaction was a bit weird tho :joy:
  • Options
    I can't play without CC anymore :/ And I have clothes and hair CC :D

Wait, why did you have to use a back up copy?

Does that mean Cristal can be heir?

His mom's reaction was a bit weird tho :joy:

I love CC, but I try to restrict myself... Why? I have no idea.

I had to use the backup copy because I loaded the game without mods installed... which means that everyone in the city was suddenly not berry colored anymore. The restore points weren't far enough back to fix it. So I would have had to manually recolor every single sim in the world (again) and that was just not happening! And then I think the ghosts would have been bald and uncolored too.

I always have a back up copy of the last major changes like if they move houses or a new kid is born. Just in case my game messes up... Or if I install a new mod I have a save (pre-mod) version of the game. Like if for some reason 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or Extreme Violence had corrupted the save, I have the backup ready to go.

Cristal could be heir. She won't be- probably, but she could. Like if I just manage to mess things up so bad and Dorian dies without having another kiddo.
  • Options
    Well, it can cause problems in the game. I tried to delete some of my cc but I can’t let go :/

Why didn’t you just close the game without saving? That’s how I always do it when this happens 😅

That’s a really good idea!

I wondered about this many times. Officially she’s not his daughter so he needs kids with someone else ^^ I wonder who that will be.
  • Options
    I didn't close the game without saving cause I didn't think about it. I just dismissed the popup and went to go build Dorian's house... -.-" I usually build in a separate vanilla save file, but I didn't think of it.

I'm still hedging my bets on Izzy. I love that girl and I'm determined to get them back together. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Hey everyone! I officially have completed my random side project of drawing each one of my heirs and their spouses!

Take a look and tell me what you think. :)

Also sharing a CAS screen capture in case you don't know what the sim looks like.

Generation 1:
    Anita Grofield
    anita-artisttile2.jpg
    anita.jpg

Aiden Adams
    aiden-artisttile2.jpg
    aiden.jpg

Generation 2:
    Ashlynn Grofield
    ashlynn-artisttile2.jpg
    ashlynn.jpg

Orion Fraiser
    orion-artisttile2.jpg
    orion.jpg

Generation 3:
    Fern Grofield
    fern_artisttile2.jpg
    fern.jpg

Nial Lorne
    lorne_artisttile2.jpg
    lorne.jpg

Generation 4:
    Dorian Grofield
    dorian_artisttile2.jpg
    dorian.png

Bonus! Generation 4 Potential Spouses:
    These are still Works in Progress...

Isabella "Izzy" Georges
    izzywip.jpg
    isabella.png

Miriam "Miri" Vetica-Bock
    miriwip.jpg
    miriam.png
  • Options
    It's weird that with some patches the mods are turned off but not with every patch. But as long as you still got your safe it's fine :)

I hope Izzy will be hard to get then tho :p Dorian has to prove to her that she's not just a spare! That she's the one.

And I guess she might be the bad stepmother (like in fairytales) because Cristal doesn't like her :sweat_smile:

I already saw most of them on Instagram. They are amazing! :love: Even without saying their name you can easily tell who's who :)

Also, how did you get those rainbow eyes into the gens? :o I saw them on Dorian but I wasn't sure if it's just a reflection :joy:
  • Options
    It's weird that with some patches the mods are turned off but not with every patch. But as long as you still got your safe it's fine :)

I hope Izzy will be hard to get then tho :p Dorian has to prove to her that she's not just a spare! That she's the one.

And I guess she might be the bad stepmother (like in fairytales) because Cristal doesn't like her :sweat_smile:

I already saw most of them on Instagram. They are amazing! :love: Even without saying their name you can easily tell who's who :)

Also, how did you get those rainbow eyes into the gens? :o I saw them on Dorian but I wasn't sure if it's just a reflection :joy:

Nah, the patch turned off the mod, but I didn't realize it cause I've been getting the EA message of items can't be displayed recently. I don't know why? Must be some sort of busted CC... >.<"

Izzy will definitely be one biten, twice shy when it comes to Dorian. It's also going to be a five year time skip, so she should have grown as a person since the last time we saw her. Don't know what she's gonna be like.

Hopefully they get along! Cristal is just a feisty little thing. (She grows up so pretty though...)

I'm glad you like the drawings! It was so fun to do. It was a challenge to try to capture each person's individual looks. Like making each of the women look like who they are supposed to be as opposed to just my default pretty girl face.

The rainbow eyes are contacts! Each generation I've given the heir rainbow colored eyes. They are half their mother's eye colors, half their father's. Dorian's are the most noticeable cause Fern had red eyes and Lorne had green eyes.
  • Options
    Doesn't the message usually say that mods are disabled? That's weird :sweat_smile:

I'm really excited to see what happened to her :)

Cristal seems to be like Amy :joy: Annoying to play but so pretty.

You captured them all perfectly!

That sounds super cool :o I didn't notice Fern also had rainbow eyes. I know about the red eyes tho, for whatever reason :D She got the eye color from Orion, doesn't she?