Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainbow Sundae: A very berry legacy! (Updates sporadically)

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Oooh you’re right. Should have totally called her Karen!

Nial is so weird. I really need to explore his personality more, but I love him. In game his traits are: unflirty, neat, and family oriented.

Fern’s are: genius, romantic, and gloomy.

Snuggling kitties is the best thing ever.

All the toddlers and kids have the tendency to change hair colors sporadically cause the berry colors aren’t default colors, but Salem seems to be much worse about it. His hair never is the same color! He’s a glitchy guy I guess?
    Just one update cause it's Halloween... go eat some candy or something.

Rainbow Sundae 2.23
    Happy Halloween everyone!

So today for work I was a Sims townie or well a Sim in a CAS randomly generated outfit. I made sure to have as many bracelets and rings as I could. One glove and just as much randomness as I could.

This is my plumbob!

img_4191.jpg
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Your Halloween costume sure looked awesome! The plumbob is so cute :)

Micah is a lovely girl but I honestly thought she would react differently to all the news. Like "this could have been us".

There are always certain sims that come to every lot your active sim goes to. I think it's on purpose because I've once seen an option in the MCCC menu where you could pick that there are always different sims to "join" your active sim on a new lot. I can't remember where to find that option tho. Whenever I change something in MCCC I have to go through every single option to make sure I didn't miss anything :sweat_smile:
    edited November 2019
    Micah probably should have reacted differently, to be honest. I was actually unsure of leaving in those screenshots, but then I realized that Fern and Micah didn’t hang out at all till after the baby was born. I thought that seemed more mean to Micah. Surprise I’m married and pregnant!

Fern and Micah’s friendship bar is still maxed out. Fern is actually BFFs with Lorne though for his aspiration of Soulmate.

I’ll have to hunt down that option. Cause I could use different people popping up. Micah is another pops up everywhere too.

Did you do anything for Halloween?
    Three updates for everyone today... Leaving you all with a big cliff hanger until Monday!

I'm evil, I know.

Rainbow Sundae 3.24
    Rainbow Sundae 3.25
    Rainbow Sundae 3.26
    It's weird that sims stay friends after a horrible breakup :sweat_smile:

I can't remember the name but it should be there somewhere :D

I went to my bff and got wasted :joy:

The wedding was cute :) But what Jaxson said is really kinda suspicious.

Orion doesn't know how old he is? :D Why doesn't he keep track? :D

Oh no, oh no! I hope Fern knows what to do!
    It's weird that sims stay friends after a horrible breakup :sweat_smile:

I can't remember the name but it should be there somewhere :D

I went to my bff and got wasted :joy:

The wedding was cute :) But what Jaxson said is really kinda suspicious.

Orion doesn't know how old he is? :D Why doesn't he keep track? :D

Oh no, oh no! I hope Fern knows what to do!

It is weird. I think I just used the ask to just be friends with Micah, as opposed to the breakup interaction. Though, I don't think the break up destroys the friendship bar either.

Sounds like a fun Halloween. Haha. I didn't do anything interesting, I half watched a scary movie, but mostly goofed off in Sims.

I love my little wedding chapel, but it's way too small. Like the reason I went with the extreme close up for the kiss was because some random sims decided to stand right up on Fern and Lorne! Like back off weirdos.

Orion seems like the kind of guy that can be a little bit of a scatterbrain cause he spends so long obsessed with his studies.

Fern doesn't have a clue what to do yet, but she'll form a plan!
    This option still works when they're bf/gf? I thought it only appeared while only having a romantic interest.

We had planned to watch one of the Halloween movies but luckily we forgot :D

Even if the chapel was huge there would be a random townie blocking the way. That seems to be their job and that's the only thing they're actually excellent in :D

I have to admit I need a few seconds to remember my age but it's only like +-1 year :sweat_smile:

I hope she'll move back to Willow Creek and start her own business :)
    This option still works when they're bf/gf? I thought it only appeared while only having a romantic interest.

We had planned to watch one of the Halloween movies but luckily we forgot :D

Even if the chapel was huge there would be a random townie blocking the way. That seems to be their job and that's the only thing they're actually excellent in :D

I have to admit I need a few seconds to remember my age but it's only like +-1 year :sweat_smile:

I hope she'll move back to Willow Creek and start her own business :)

Yeah, I think the option works all the way up to when they are engaged. Just not with married.

Here's a picture of the photobombers:
    fern7_023.jpg

You're incorrect, townies also excel at wearing inappropriate outfits! I mean not as inappropriate as see through bra as a work outfit. Tsk Tsk.

I totally never remember my age... -.-" But it's typically around the same plus/minus one year.

Ooooh, I could have made a retail lot in Willow Creek. I didn't even think of that. Lol.
    Maybe it's the friendly way of breaking up. I used it with Don all the time and his ex-girlfriends kept calling him...

The green one definitely needed the attention. Her face says it all!

That's true. Too many townies walk around dressed horribly. And some don't wear anything at all :joy:

For some reason I always think I'm one year older than I am. That results in stuff like "I'm xy years ol... Wait, no, I'm yx years old."

But what would Fern sell in Willow Creek? :p Her ex-lovers' tears? JK
    edited November 2019
    New build up! The Quartz Casa!

Yes, this time around we are going with crystal names.

This is a 30X20 Residential lot designed to raise three children from baby to adulthood. Lots of room to grow!

Download it on the gallery under the ID: TheYayToast. Enable MOO when placing.
    d821a8f3c38b0009e5a5c172352db116940d0063.png

493625873ca779baa375566ee0acf1a66f7174b3.png

68f45dea2168c06e9a321650c868334ac3cc6838.png

370efee1df2873bf3d84969f309a8b4be3b921eb.png

3f7b080931a73e3b550c11a329ffb6f7e07a1a6c.png

37b171b424fdf1cce90606a906d5caec83fda26a.png

7a4afc6b27b17bedbb95be961a0a4266d96db8d6.png

2290a9326c5156211d653cb99be3a43889c5a693.png

df4ae8739d45f379fdc7f282715a7cdd74406c6f.png

166a4be0344c60f0f6e0fb17465ae2a13e983d2a.png

3b821e8333e0797b38c92d8cc6b25a034a420a52.png

dd8498d350af747e3923f9a9aebeaf33f11f5ac6.png

be63b8efdd46cd63fcc896159d2aad8019121554.png

154fa8897b2d5a1dc69bbb030956c095a6189898.png

56b14d1a12f15d64fb8e528043f295baa12c4a45.png

And nope, this isn't Fern's future home. Lol.
    Maybe it's the friendly way of breaking up. I used it with Don all the time and his ex-girlfriends kept calling him...

The green one definitely needed the attention. Her face says it all!

That's true. Too many townies walk around dressed horribly. And some don't wear anything at all :joy:

For some reason I always think I'm one year older than I am. That results in stuff like "I'm xy years ol... Wait, no, I'm yx years old."

But what would Fern sell in Willow Creek? :p Her ex-lovers' tears? JK

His ex-girlfriends just wanted something more. O.O" Desperate women.

The green one was so smug about it! Grr.

I always have to do the math for it. Haha.

Yes! It's a perfume called Tears. Haha.

OMG... random spam message on here for immigration... lol wut.
    The house looks amazing! It's very colorful inside.

"Let's stay friends" seems to mean "Call me every 5 minutes!" :joy:

It would be cool if our sims could make perfumes :D

I didn't even read it. I saw a phone number and flagged it.
    I wanted to go with a super bright colorful interior. I guess cause the house is focused on raising kids.

Two weeks ago...
    “Let’s stay friends.”
    This week...
    “Um... on second though, I’m regretting my decision.”

I just deleted all the relationships Fern had except for Micah and Tom. I thought that’d be easier than having to invite them out to break up.

I wish there were more things our sims could make. Wait... I wonder if you can make a potion shop? Like just sell potions in a retail shop, that’d be fun.

I was surprised to see someone else post, so then I was like Awh shucks.
    Three updates today! Fern makes a decision and also bumps into someone unexpected...

Rainbow Sundae 3.27
    Rainbow Sundae 3.28
    Rainbow Sundae 3.29
    I've actually never played with retails or shops but I'm sure you can sell anything, potions incuded.

Oh my gosh, the title of that book :joy: And Fern got some extra... MELONS :D It's crazy how pregnant sims get bigger breasts. I have a niece and my sister DID NOT look like that :D

You mean they hinted at RoM back in Cats and Dogs?

I just love how Nial calls the baby a boy and Fern a girl all the time. It would be kinda cool if it turned out to be both, twins :p

Salem's hair has its own will. Maybe he should shave it, just in case his hair tries to gain world dominance :#

I'm excited for 2 things: the colors of Dorian (love the name!) and what will happen next in/with Willow Creek!
    Wordpress showed me another chapter :love: It's my house. Love that you use it ^^

Do I smell trouble with Micah? :#
    edited November 2019
    I've actually never played with retails or shops but I'm sure you can sell anything, potions incuded.

Oh my gosh, the title of that book :joy: And Fern got some extra... MELONS :D It's crazy how pregnant sims get bigger breasts. I have a niece and my sister DID NOT look like that :D

You mean they hinted at RoM back in Cats and Dogs?

I just love how Nial calls the baby a boy and Fern a girl all the time. It would be kinda cool if it turned out to be both, twins :p

Salem's hair has its own will. Maybe he should shave it, just in case his hair tries to gain world dominance :#

I'm excited for 2 things: the colors of Dorian (love the name!) and what will happen next in/with Willow Creek!

I based the title of the book off Japanese light novels. They always have the longest and weirdest names ever!

I know!!! Fern got some watermelons from this baby! I know breasts get a little bigger just cause of the milk or whatever, but this is just silly.

It seems like they did hint at it. Or maybe someone just added it in on the model map and was like this is cool... we should use that for a place. I wonder if that means that Glimmerbrook is near Brindleton Bay?

It would have been cool if it had been twins! That way both of them would have been right.

Salem's hair is so magic it can't even pretend to listen to him. He can't shave it... it would strike back against him!

I love Dorian so much. I thought about making him a doctor so he'd be Doctor Dorian like JD from Scrubs, but eh...

I know you mean in story about Willow Creek, but I'm adoring the way the city is looking with the new homes in it. It looks so fancy!
    Wordpress showed me another chapter :love: It's my house. Love that you use it ^^

Do I smell trouble with Micah? :#

Your house was sooo perfect! I loved it. I put it right next to Anita and Aiden's home. It looks so right next to it. Another gorgeous modern designed home for that neighborhood. I'm trying to keep the design sense you came up with for the house similar, but ya know... less beds. Haha.

Oh yeah, I don't know if you saw, but I updated the family tree. Lilac and Tom had a baby boy named Niko. I aged him up in CAS to take his family tree picture... I'll share the results on here later tonight. You can see it on the family tree, but it's so tiny.

Micah just has baby envy. Her biological clock started ticking once she saw those tiny little toes!

Edit: I made a post on the blog to show off the comparisons of kids and parents. I sort of got carried away.
    Post edited by TheYayToast on
    There are some things similar in Brindelton Bay and Glimmerbrook, like trees, hills the sea. I've never played in Glimmerbrook, does it rain a lot there? :joy:

Oh, Dorian won't be a doctor then? :( But how will he meet his Turk?

You really deleted all the houses in Willow Creek? The default ones I mean ^^

Aw thank you :) Yeah of course it needs changes ^^ There are no craddles or baby stuff in general :D At first I was like: "Hey! I love to use those tiles on the wall, too!" then I noticed similiarities in the kitchen. Then I saw it was mine :joy: Cool way to find that out ^^

I didn't look at the family tree because I'm not sure yet if I'm really too curious to look at spoilers :joy: But I will look at it after I finish this comment :p

But Micah is single? Oh boy, she'll have to get a plan to get a baby. :#

I'll look at it! That sounds really interesting :)
    There are some things similar in Brindelton Bay and Glimmerbrook, like trees, hills the sea. I've never played in Glimmerbrook, does it rain a lot there? :joy:

Oh, Dorian won't be a doctor then? :( But how will he meet his Turk?

You really deleted all the houses in Willow Creek? The default ones I mean ^^

Aw thank you :) Yeah of course it needs changes ^^ There are no craddles or baby stuff in general :D At first I was like: "Hey! I love to use those tiles on the wall, too!" then I noticed similiarities in the kitchen. Then I saw it was mine :joy: Cool way to find that out ^^

I didn't look at the family tree because I'm not sure yet if I'm really too curious to look at spoilers :joy: But I will look at it after I finish this comment :p

But Micah is single? Oh boy, she'll have to get a plan to get a baby. :#

I'll look at it! That sounds really interesting :)

I don’t remember if Glimmerbrook rained all the time. I think it was at least cloudy a lot.

I deleted every single lot in Willow Creek. I had originally deleted every single lot in every town except San Myshuno, but when I moved over the family to a new save after Realms of Magic... I got lazy.

The big changes to the layout was the sudden... oh god, I need three children bedrooms!

The only real spoiler was showing that Fern and Lorne had three kiddos. I guess also you get to see the peek of what they look like grown up. Though I might of course change their hair and stuff depending on what traits they get.
    I wanted to start a new safe today and went to Brindelton Bay. As soon as the loading screen was gone it was raining -.- Closed the game.

But I plan to do a Build Newcrest Challenge :# I want to try real story writing this time :) I'm not sure how far I'll get :D I think your story inspired me because it's similar :) I also deleted all premade sims, all houses, even stuff like libraries and bulldoze ALL apartments. And then the game froze. Yay... My sim was still there later but all deleted stuff was there, too. So I only deleted all residentials and left the apartments... In case I'll really do that story I'll also have a big city but I'll try my best to make it different to yours. I don't want to copy anything. Promise :)

Yeah that was a real surprise! It's the risky woohoo, isn't it? Which mod is it? I think it would be cool to have it :D

I didn't look at the pictures in big tho. So it's only half a spoiler. I was surprised to see three childen tho :D And 2 purple - one cheated :p

Hahaha! I need to see if my Brindleton is rainy now!

The fact that the game froze is crazy. Mine didn’t freeze up, but I did start running into probs since you can’t change the lot type for fancy place In Windenburg for example, so people try to invite you to a flipping empty field to party.

You should give it a try! Don’t worry about copying me. I’m inspired by your work too! I love your writing voice and flippant tone throughout your chapters.

Completely honest: This is the longest I’ve ever stuck with writing a sim story. I always get bored cause I over plan everything. I am always shocked by the people that take weeks or months planning out, writing, and posing sims for ever chapter.

Before this, the last big story I tried was a more serious series and it wore me out. It was a dark fantasy series. I lost all those posts cause I didn’t keep paying for my domain, but I still have the writing for it. I sorta just wrote it as regular prose that really didn’t need the screenshots.

After that I tried to do a legacy that was more like this, but I sort of got bored after I got depressed when the founder’s husband died of old age while she was still like a young adult. It was super sad.

It was totally the risky woohoo. It’s a part of MCCC, but you have to add on the separate WooHoo package. It’s under the pregnancy options. I have mine set on 5%.

I love my cheat baby boy! He was supposed to be my shiny splendid one! Okay, he still is. He’s sooo cocky! Both he and Lorne always have these smug smiles.
    I know from another friend that BB is the rainiest world in ts4 :joy: It's soooo annoying! The world was my favorite before Seasons came out.

I think it was my computer who made it freeze. It was pretty loud trying to cool down.

There are exactly 3 lots in Windenburg you can't change: the cliffs, the portal to the cliffs and the chalet. And also the park in San Myshuno.

Oh I hate it when sims invite my sim to something. Go away! My sim hates parties :D I've never played the party aspiration. So far I've been lucky :D

You'll see some similarities but there will be more differences :) The main thing I'll copy is that San Myshuno will be inhabited. It's too hard to delete all the residentials there.

Aw thank you :) Sometimes I worry my writing is too sassy, too naughty and too sarcastic :D But that's how I am and it went straight into my stories :joy:

You've made it quite far this time :) Generation 4 is already born :p Rock on ;)

I can totally see what you mean. For me it takes like 2-3 hours to play a chapter, 1 to write it. No editing, no poses :D Idk why it takes anyone that much longer. I even stopped reading a story because it took months for one chapter to be posted :/ The story was awesome and well done but I'm not that patient. Or maybe I'm not ready to be this patient in all aspects of life :D

Dark fantasy sounds great! What was it about?

You pay for your domain? Should I feel guilty that I'm trying to find a free alternative to wordpress because I'm running out of storage? :joy:

Wait, what? How can a sim die of old age as a young adult?

5% is really high, isn't it? Compared to real life it's like using the "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" thing to find out if you could get pregnant without protection :sweat_smile: But I'll definitely add the woohoo MCCC :) Maybe I can have LGBTQ+ couples in the bachelor-legacy challenge then ^^

Smug smiles are the best! :love:

So, is child #3 also a risky woohoo result? :p