Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building up Newcrest Challenge

Long ago a sim named Harper Newcrest founded the town of Newcrest. At the time it was just a small farming town but it grew and grew. Then people started moving out to bigger cities. Now, Newcrest stands abandoned. The only building that is still in good shape is the town meeting center. As the only remaining descendant of Newcrest, can you rebuild this abandoned town and restore it to its former glory?

Set up:
~Give the 2 20X15 lots the Off the Grid trait
~Place one completely functional venue of any type on any lot (this is the town meeting center). Change the lot type to residential.
~Place a fixer upper house on every lot except for one of the 20X15 lots.
~Ensure that every lot has all negative traits except the town meeting center. Those traits stay the same for now.
~Create a couple or a single sim in CAS using story mode. Move them into the empty 20X15 lot. Set funds to zero.
~Go into settings and turn off setting that moves sims into empty lots.

Game Play:
~The intial lot will be turned into a campground. The only trait this lot is allowed to have is off the grid. Once this lot is turned into a campground, move onto the other 20X15 lot.
~While living on the campground lot your sims may not have a job unless they were givin one in CAS. If they lose that job, they may not get another until moving onto the second lot.
~Renovate each house and then move to another lot of the same size. If there are no other lots of the same size, move to the a lot the next size up.
~No cheats or mods allowed except move objects and reset sim. MCC may be used for storytelling.
~After renovating and moving out of a house, move another family in. Free real estate cheat may be used for this only, it may not be used to move your sim family!
~There are no rules regarding family or marriage.

Renovation Rules:
~Existing objects in a house may be kept in a house as long as they are decorative or of mid-grade quality or better.
~If an object is replaced, it must be replaced with a better object.
~After completing a room, you may delete a negative trait and replace it with a trait of your choice. This trait must be somehow related to the room you created (have fun and get creative).
~The outside of the house counts as one room.

Keep playing until the town is full of sim families and fully renovated homes. Enjoy!

Comments

• shamwaoshamwao Posts: 13 New Member
    I like this challenge. Thank you for sharing. I'm going to give it a try.
  • haruka13666haruka13666 Posts: 27 Member
    @haruka13666
    Looks interesting. I hope you will share your progress. :smile:

I am actually about halfway through this right now. I wanted to play for a bit first and work out any issues. I am on my second generation and my last 20X30 lot.
  • jamie_pauly9682jamie_pauly9682 Posts: 134 Member
    I like this idea, but I might change up what to build on each lot. For instance, building a motel (cheap; run down at first until all rooms can be repainted and all items can be upgraded to a better one, have 2 negative traits), building a hotel (has a pool; is better than the motel and more expensive to stay at), building a playground for toddlers, children, and teens, building a daycare (can be in-home) building trailer homes, a grave yard, apartments, duplex (either side by side, or above/below), schools (Pre, elementary, high; could be one lot and combine all 3), build a family outing place(s): carnival/fair, bowling alley, water park, etc. Does anyone have any other ideas? We could even add other worlds into this if we get Newcrest finished first. Of course mods can be used. I have a lot. Money can't be cheated? Work on paying it back with a loan? Obviously, to earn money you would need a job and the building would be part time-if you do a loan, you can only take out say no more than 1 at a time-doesn't matter which one you choose. Your youngest child will take over? so maybe wait to have a kid until you're an adult half way to age into an old person? Adoption is fine. You can then adopt a teen when your old. The kids can age up on their birthday-no aging up early. I can come up with a better way to post this so it isn't rambling on if others are interested.