Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Official Countdown Thead (Release Day Now Available)!!!!!

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    If any real-life witches know any spells to make the pack come out sooner, now would be a great time to use them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Continuing with my topic of talking about the various stills from the trailer. realm-48.jpg

I can see a skull, a heart, a clover and no idea what the clear icon is... It looks like an x?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm still not sure if a 'Spellcaster' is a new occult or if it's something available to all sims.. Meaning: We can have vampires who are also considered spellcasters.

Looking for someone to confirm this. Please excuse for being out of the loop. :s
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I'm still not sure if a 'Spellcaster' is a new occult or if it's something available to all sims.. Meaning: We can have vampires who are also considered spellcasters.

Looking for someone to confirm this. Please excuse for being out of the loop. :s

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @WolfNate Thank you
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    @SimplyJen From what I can gather their effectively making Realm of Magic Makin Magic 2. The pack is exclusively focused on witchcraft and wizardry. Unlike MM where there is no life state and anyone can be a mage this pack is making all magical 'skills' (three branches to choose from plus a 'neutral' branch of Alchemy/Potion crafting) accessible only by Caster Life State. So this Realm of Magic is taking all the best parts of witchcraft from throughout the franchise and making one Game Pack. This way it's everyone's most wanted Occult Life State and nothing 'diluting' it
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Continuing with my topic of talking about the various stills from the trailer.

I can see a skull, a heart, a clover and no idea what the clear icon is... It looks like an x?
    Maybe a 'clear potion effects' potion?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
    That's a decent deduction.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I was looking at the stained glass windows and was thinking of making a Gothic Cathedral for my sims to get married in and there will be this secret room where only magical users can go in (I am going to make a club for them. I have story I have been thinking about, that they all went into hiding out of fear due to misconceptions that non-magical sims have. They come from all sorts of backgrounds, the only difference they have magic but sims don't understand that and fear them.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm so looking forward to this I want to learn more
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    So I started working on the Gothic Cathedral; but it is nowhere near done or perfect, I am waiting for Realm of Magic now as I need some build items to help complete it. There is a secret basement for magic users to go for sanctuary and work on potions. I have a story line where all occults are rivals but their common enemy is moral sims due to their fear and misunderstanding, so they either try to blend in or hide, that is also why they have special realm. If we can unlock the portal or something, I am going to place it in there.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Am I only one now thinking about Glimmerbrook's logo? If you hover over any world it has a little animated logo every few seconds.

I think it will have flying broom for the logo along with a picture of the world featuring the portal.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    16 Days and Counting!!!!!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    If any real-life witches know any spells to make the pack come out sooner, now would be a great time to use them.

Sorry, all the Time-Turners were destroyed back in 1996 :'(

Edit: Also, any speculation on when the gameplay trailer will come out? I hope it's kind of like the Strangerville one, that was cool.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Edit: Also, any speculation on when the gameplay trailer will come out? I hope it's kind of like the Strangerville one, that was cool.

They usually come out when it gets closer to time, probably a few days before release. For game changers, they often get a copy early; but usually have to wait until they can review it. So I say probably around the 9th or just before that.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member

Dang, you just reminded me of those little comics they did for StrangerVille. They were cute and let us get to know some of the characters a little better. They should do that again.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

Dang, you just reminded me of those little comics they did for StrangerVille. They were cute and let us get to know some of the characters a little better. They should do that again.

Ooooh, I wasn't thinking of that! I was thinking of this:

https://youtu.be/DoWgCdXrOaQ
    funny-gifs20.gif

realm-45.jpg

@nerdfashion Trailer? We... Already got one?

Also with my daily topic of stills lol So I don't wanna fiddle with PSing but I think a 'pokeball' for a Familiar is that green orb behind him... Thoughts?
    edited August 2019
    realm-45.jpg

@nerdfashion Trailer? We... Already got one?

Also with my daily topic of stills lol So I don't wanna fiddle with PSing but I think a 'pokeball' for a Familiar is that green orb behind him... Thoughts?

@WolfNate that was a reveal trailer- what I linked was a Gameplay trailer. Every pack has at least one of each except for Stuff Packs. I could link another if you'd like?
    funny-gifs20.gif

Oh? I not been really involved in the sims community since Supernatural came out.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited August 2019
    I loved the Strangerville comics and trailer it made me laugh. Also, I was able to see what it's about. Glimmerbrook should have had the same amount of lots in it. Oh well. Still looking forward to the new game though. And it's not so long a wait. Consider that Realm of Magic was supposed to come out in the Fall and it's coming at the end of Summer instead. Yipee!!
    Post edited by SERVERFRA on
    realm-45.jpg

Can we analyze this screenshot? So many things to point out. I think that green orb next to him is a Familiar sphere you can house em in.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Fingers crossed for new info, and hopefully a new trailer, this week 🤞anything would be fine xD
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for new info, and hopefully a new trailer, this week 🤞anything would be fine xD

Well latest info far as I'm aware is Ninja's response to my tweet that suggests Lot Traits

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top