Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Breed Out The Ugly Challenge: The Jolies *updated 10/06/2019*

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Houston is way too cute.

Feeling/being blue in English means to be depressed... so the joke works, just a different punchline.

He is, isn't he? :)

Yes I know. But the German version is funnier imo :D

This is random but I’ve been noticing for a while that I can’t like your blog posts. nor can I follow your blog. I’m confused...

Anyway with Houston you’ll almost definitely get a cute blue baby so that grey skin tone you wanted to breed out will finally be gone.

That's weird. I have no restrictions or anything installed.

I played a bit today and there's a problem I'll address when the chapter gets to this point. But it has something to do with what you said here.
    It’s weird because I can like other people’s blog posts and follow their blogs. I think maybe it has to do with the fact I’m going via the links you post here to your chapters. I do that with other people too but with your blog there is no “view full site” option or anything and trying to like/follow doesn’t work. I might try to get on to your blog via Wordpress directly or on my laptop (I’m using my iPad)

Lol now I want to know what the baby turned out like
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Houston is way too cute.

Feeling/being blue in English means to be depressed... so the joke works, just a different punchline.

This is random but I’ve been noticing for a while that I can’t like your blog posts. nor can I follow your blog. I’m confused...

Anyway with Houston you’ll almost definitely get a cute blue baby so that grey skin tone you wanted to breed out will finally be gone.

I played a bit today and there's a problem I'll address when the chapter gets to this point. But it has something to do with what you said here.
    It’s weird because I can like other people’s blog posts and follow their blogs. I think maybe it has to do with the fact I’m going via the links you post here to your chapters. I do that with other people too but with your blog there is no “view full site” option or anything and trying to like/follow doesn’t work. I might try to get on to your blog via Wordpress directly or on my laptop (I’m using my iPad)

Oh that sounds familiar. That has happened to me and it was because I wasn't logged in via the links here on the forum.

I won't tell anything :D
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Houston is way too cute.

Oh that sounds familiar. That has happened to me and it was because I wasn't logged in via the links here on the forum.

Thinking on it, I had a similiar problem when I first tried to follow your blog too. I use the phone app for Wordpress a lot and when I just tried to go to the blog it went blerp and couldn't find your blog. So I had to use the search to find the blog first and then add it. It might have been a different prob though, cause it was trying to direct me to an older blog of yours using your username.
    Houston is way too cute.

Thinking on it, I had a similiar problem when I first tried to follow your blog too. I use the phone app for Wordpress a lot and when I just tried to go to the blog it went blerp and couldn't find your blog. So I had to use the search to find the blog first and then add it. It might have been a different prob though, cause it was trying to direct me to an older blog of yours using your username.

An older blog? I used to have one but with a different name and I deleted that one. Weird.
    3.3: Mommy

Serious question:
    Does anyone know if mermaids live longer or are unable to die? With MCCC I got notifications that sims like Morgan Fyres, Sofia Bjergsen and such have died by now and Linda - who's older than them - is still alive. I am so confused...
    3.4: Dilemma I am so sorry, I forgot I won't be able to come online tomorrow. So I decided to post two chapters today.

ayvkt.jpg

Also, there's a poll I made for this challenge. You can either find the link to it in the chapter or here. But there will be a little spoiler if you start with the poll.
    edited September 2019
    Hmm I don’t think that mermaids live any longer. You can check with MCCC to see how many days she has left. Have you tried that?
    I think you might find that Timmy is an alien-spellcaster hybrid. When an alien and a non-alien sim have a baby, the child is usually not a full alien. But Timmy has alien eyes and a disguise so he is a full alien. To my knowledge, when an alien and a non-alien try for a baby you only get a full alien child if the non-alien parent is a vampire/mermaid/spellcaster and the child is going to be a hybrid i.e. an alien-vampire or an alien-mermaid or an alien-spellcaster

Hybrids aren’t meant to happen and there are some bugs relating to them but they’re fun to play.

Anyway, Timmy is so cute.

In my opinion, the disguise doesn’t count. It’s just an illusion which an alien can change at will. It’s not their real appearance. So, I’d say that so long as he looks good in his alien form you’ve technically completed the challenge.

However, it really depends on whether you want the challenge to be over or not. That’s the important thing. You can carry on for as long as you like.
    Hmm I don’t think that mermaids live any longer. You can check with MCCC to see how many days she has left. Have you tried that?
    I think you might find that Timmy is an alien-spellcaster hybrid. When an alien and a non-alien sim have a baby, the child is usually not a full alien. But Timmy has alien eyes and a disguise so he is a full alien. To my knowledge, when an alien and a non-alien try for a baby you only get a full alien child if the non-alien parent is a vampire/mermaid/spellcaster and the child is going to be a hybrid i.e. an alien-vampire or an alien-mermaid or an alien-spellcaster

Hybrids aren’t meant to happen and there are some bugs relating to them but they’re fun to play.

In my opinion, the disguise doesn’t count. It’s just an illusion which an alien can change at will. It’s not their real appearance. So, I’d say that so long as he looks good in his alien form you’ve technically completed the challenge.

However, it really depends on whether you want the challenge to be over or not. That’s the important thing. You can carry on for as long as you like.

I totally forgot about this part of MCCC. I'll check this as soon as I enter the game again. Thanks for the tip :)
    Danielle is a spellcaster so Timmy probably is a hybrid. I've never spent any thought on hybrids tbh.

That's what I thought, too, but his disguise looks so much like his ancestors :sweat_smile: So I am torn if I should go on or not. I would love to start the new challenge but at the same time this challenge is cool :D And having two challenges at the same time is no option for me. I'm bad at multitasking :joy: I'll make my decision based on the poll.
    edited September 2019

I totally forgot about this part of MCCC. I'll check this as soon as I enter the game again. Thanks for the tip :)
    Danielle is a spellcaster so Timmy probably is a hybrid. I've never spent any thought on hybrids tbh.

That's what I thought, too, but his disguise looks so much like his ancestors :sweat_smile: So I am torn if I should go on or not. I would love to start the new challenge but at the same time this challenge is cool :D And having two challenges at the same time is no option for me. I'm bad at multitasking :joy: I'll make my decision based on the poll.
    Yeah that’s why I figured alien-spellcaster hybrid. Actually alien-spellcaster hybrids might not suffer from any glitches.

Vampire-alien hybrids are glitchy because they have both a dark form, a disguise and an alien form and the game gets confused when a sim has more than 2 forms. Vampire-mermaid hybrids and alien-mermaid hybrids are glitchy for the same reason, because they age three forms also. But since spellcasters don’t have a second form, Timmy will only have two forms: an alien form and a disguise. That should mean he doesn’t suffer from the glitches which affect hybrids with 3 forms.

Also, vampire-spellcasters have an issue where the vampire perk tree and the spellcaster perk tree conflict so that the vampire perk tree is hidden. But aliens don’t have a perk tree so you shouldn’t get a similar problem with Timmy.

Ahh I don’t know how to vote in the poll. I would vote that the challenge is over but I wouldn’t want to vote that if you still wanted to continue this challenge

Yeah that’s why I figured alien-spellcaster hybrid. Actually alien-spellcaster hybrids might not suffer from any glitches.

Vampire-alien hybrids are glitchy because they have both a dark form, a disguise and an alien form and the game gets confused when a sim has more than 2 forms. Vampire-mermaid hybrids and alien-mermaid hybrids are glitchy for the same reason, because they age three forms also. But since spellcasters don’t have a second form, Timmy will only have two forms: an alien form and a disguise. That should mean he doesn’t suffer from the glitches which affect hybrids with 3 forms.

Also, vampire-spellcasters have an issue where the vampire perk tree and the spellcaster perk tree conflict so that the vampire perk tree is hidden. But aliens don’t have a perk tree so you shouldn’t get a similar problem with Timmy.

Ahh I don’t know how to vote in the poll. I would vote that the challenge is over but I wouldn’t want to vote that if you still wanted to continue this challenge
    There's so much in this game I've never even come across :sweat_smile: I didn't even consider there would be 3 forms needed for the other hybrids.

You can vote whatever you feel like :) I'm actually excited to start the new challenge :D

There's so much in this game I've never even come across :sweat_smile: I didn't even consider there would be 3 forms needed for the other hybrids.

You can vote whatever you feel like :) I'm actually excited to start the new challenge :D
    Off topic: I just managed to follow your blog and like your posts. Turns out I couldn’t before because I wasn’t logged in to Wordpress via the link (although I was logged in to Wordpress on another tab).
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I'd look at it this way: had Danielle been a human and not a spellcaster, Timmy would have been an alien-human hybrid with only one form, probably with blue skin. And there would obviously be no disguise, which in this case still contains the ugly, to speak of. So ignoring his mother's occult status and ignoring the disguise which can be changed at will in normal gameplay without cheats, I'd say you have completed the challenge.

That said, I myself am unsure how to vote in the poll.

You could even add to the challenge and try to breed out the alien skin, though if you don't want to continue the challenge that's fine too.
    Squeeeee!
    Timmy is so cute. I love the pointy ears... I give every alien and vampire those ears.

I would say the challenge is over. If he's handsome in his alien form and that's his real form... then he's good to go.

Off topic: I just managed to follow your blog and like your posts. Turns out I couldn’t before because I wasn’t logged in to Wordpress via the link (although I was logged in to Wordpress on another tab).

That’s weird but at least it works now :)
    afai1261 wrote: »
    I'd look at it this way: had Danielle been a human and not a spellcaster, Timmy would have been an alien-human hybrid with only one form, probably with blue skin. And there would obviously be no disguise, which in this case still contains the ugly, to speak of. So ignoring his mother's occult status and ignoring the disguise which can be changed at will in normal gameplay without cheats, I'd say you have completed the challenge.

That said, I myself am unsure how to vote in the poll.

You could even add to the challenge and try to breed out the alien skin, though if you don't want to continue the challenge that's fine too.

It really is hard to decide. But I like the alien look because he is an alien so it's kinda normal.

I guess I’ll play on until he’s a young adult and then start the new challenge :) unless most people vote otherwise.
    Squeeeee!
    Timmy is so cute. I love the pointy ears... I give every alien and vampire those ears.

I would say the challenge is over. If he's handsome in his alien form and that's his real form... then he's good to go.

He is a total cutie! I bet you’ll like his young adult look, too :)

Haha, everyone seems to say it’s successfully ended ^^
    Nice chapter! Timmy is adorable. I can’t wait to see what he looks like when he’s older. Was that Morgyn’s hot weather outfit or did the game put him in a situational outfit?

The bonus days thing with MCCC is confusing. Where it says ‘6 days left including 35 bonus days’, the second number is the number of bonus days she was granted on top of what would have been her normal lifespan and the first number is the number of days she has left. So, she doesn’t have 6 + 35 days left. She only has only 6 days left.
    Nice chapter! Timmy is adorable. I can’t wait to see what he looks like when he’s older. Was that Morgyn’s hot weather outfit or did the game put him in a situational outfit?

The bonus days thing with MCCC is confusing. Where it says ‘6 days left including 35 bonus days’, the second number is the number of bonus days she was granted on top of what would have been her normal lifespan and the first number is the number of days she has left. So, she doesn’t have 6 + 35 days left. She only has only 6 days left.

Thank you :) Timmy is really adorable. I might place him in my next safe :D

I think it was the hot weather outfit.

Oh thanks for the info! So she will eventually die after all... when her great-grandson is almost a teen :D I've never had a sim getting to this age.

Oh thanks for the info! So she will eventually die after all... when her great-grandson is almost a teen :D I've never had a sim getting to this age.

Timmy is the cutest little toddler! And the cutest kid too. I love him.

I’m jelly that you’ve now gotten two maxed out toddlers and you completed all the magic stuff! I have not yet... lol.

I like Morgyn’s hot weather outfit, they are just um living the best them? Okay, it’s awful and that’s great.

How on Earth did Linda get so much bonus time. That’s nuts!

I’m jelly that you’ve now gotten two maxed out toddlers and you completed all the magic stuff! I have not yet... lol.

I like Morgyn’s hot weather outfit, they are just um living the best them? Okay, it’s awful and that’s great.

I will upload him when he turns into a young adult :) You can age him down then again to have his cuteness in your game :D:D

It's easy when you only have one toddler to take care of tho. And no other kids, no pets, your husband is at the microphone practicing jokes all the time and the mother has no job. I started building a green house for her now :D

I'm ok with the skirt and top because as far as I know he's meant to be genderfluid (?). But the socks in sandals and the cap look ridiculous.

I have no idea. Maybe it does have to do with her being a mermaid? Or maybe that's the game's way of making up for Don's cheating :joy:

I will upload him when he turns into a young adult :) You can age him down then again to have his cuteness in your game :D:D

It's easy when you only have one toddler to take care of tho. And no other kids, no pets, your husband is at the microphone practicing jokes all the time and the mother has no job. I started building a green house for her now :D

I'm ok with the skirt and top because as far as I know he's meant to be genderfluid (?). But the socks in sandals and the cap look ridiculous.

I have no idea. Maybe it does have to do with her being a mermaid? Or maybe that's the game's way of making up for Don's cheating :joy:

Did she complete the body builder aspiration? Completing that one gives them a lot of extra days.

Did she complete the body builder aspiration? Completing that one gives them a lot of extra days.

She has never done any workout while I played her, ever :D

Haha I thought maybe you had her working on it behind the scenes :D no idea what else could give them extra days.

Haha I thought maybe you had her working on it behind the scenes :D no idea what else could give them extra days.

Oh no :D She's just as lazy as I am. Well, she's less lazy because I've seen her jog by few times now :D
  • poptarts_poptarts_ Posts: 152 Member
    Ready to binge cause I've been at uni for 2 weeks and not caught up :)
    3.6: Come on! is up now :)
    poptarts_ wrote: »
    Ready to binge cause I've been at uni for 2 weeks and not caught up :)

Have fun ^^